Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 Vs Queens Park ⚪️⚫️ 22 October

The chaps in the black and white taps return to former home, Firhill. They'll be pleased the pitch is in a lot better condition.

Not sure how they will react to the green, green grass of their previous ground after their groundshare with Stenny?

Deserved win in the last faux-Glasgow Derby but hopefully we can return the favour with a home win.

We have a big game midweek vs Aberdeen. Hopefully we give a good display and dispatch The Dons in regulation time rather than winning in extra time or on penalties.

Anyway, got to keep the wins coming in the league so any win will do in this.

Partick Thistle 2 QP 1

Edited by jagfox

• jagfox changed the title to Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 Vs Queens Park ⚪️⚫️ 22 October

Last few games we have been generally backfiring ,players carrying knocks and not really reaching our full potential.With a leg sapping journey to the NE against a Dons desperate for any type of progesssion/victory we might be a bit tattered come Saturday as this cup means a lot to us .

1-0 Jags in another hard fought battle.

Looking forward to one of the several away games that is easier to get to than our “home” games this season.

Very difficult game for us particularly with our last away game at Ayr having been an absolute disaster. I don’t see us keeping a clean sheet so hopefully we have our shooting boots on. Another 3-2 could be possible for either side I reckon.

I imagine we’ll keep the same team as Friday other than maybe Savoury coming back in for Longridge if his wrist injury has cleared up. 

Where’s the best place to park? Obviously the area will be considerably busier than it was for our home games there   

18 minutes ago, an86 said:

Will we be in the main stand or Jackie Husband? Numbers have held up pretty well at Stenny, so hopefully take as many as we’ve been taking to home games. 

No word yet, Morton were in the main stand. Numbers didn't justify that. Maybe a stewarding issue or duff information sent through.

Will be clarified later in the week on ptfc.co.uk later in the week. 

It'll be interesting to see if all the changes for the Arbroath game were simply a boot in the bawz after the Ayr debacle, and we bring back a few.  Williamson and Murray up front for starters please. We're bound to lose goals so let's try to score a few.

Hopefully the Dandy Dons give Thistle a tiring runaround and a kicking in midweek.

Wee bit of a reality check for us over the past few games. You can’t defend the way we do and expect a consistent body of work across a full season. Thought we were decent against Arbroath and could have won it, but to lose a silly goal again was so frustrating. 

I think Thistle will win the title and we’ve already had three points off them. It’d be some going to take six points from six. We’re probably going to have to score a minimum of three goals to win the game and, as good as our forward thinking players have been, it’s tough to see it happening at Firhill. Would gleefully accept a point. That being said, anything is possible in this absurd league. 

55 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

Let's hope that the Thistle players are as little interested in the match as their supporters seem to be.

We had another game to get out the way first. Weren't really bothered about it, but it's polite to wait. 

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

Let's hope that the Thistle players are as little interested in the match as their supporters seem to be.

Just as little interest from QP support. I guess that makes some sense based on recent results. 
Still expecting a difficult game and hoping we haven’t picked up too many injuries from last night.

24 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Just as little interest from QP support. I guess that makes some sense based on recent results. 

Wouldn’t even say it’s recent results. Can only say from my own perspective that the goings on, or lack thereof, off the pitch have me feeling pretty jaded. I actually like the team and manager, but am so scunnered with the fans being ignored that it’s dampening a wee bit for me. Sounds like an absolutely mental thing to say after a double promotion, but the circumstances are so ridiculous that it’s where I find myself.

Having said that, this was one of the ones I looked for first when the fixture list came out. Thistle at Firhill hasn’t been too frequent, so it always feels like a wee bit more of an occasion when you’re crossing the city for a competitive away game. Still managed to enjoy the day when Ayr scudded us 5-0, so am planning on doing the same here, regardless. 

Edited by an86

14 hours ago, an86 said:

Wouldn’t even say it’s recent results. Can only say from my own perspective that the goings on, or lack thereof, off the pitch have me feeling pretty jaded. I actually like the team and manager, but am so scunnered with the fans being ignored that it’s dampening a wee bit for me. Sounds like an absolutely mental thing to say after a double promotion, but the circumstances are so ridiculous that it’s where I find myself.

Having said that, this was one of the ones I looked for first when the fixture list came out. Thistle at Firhill hasn’t been too frequent, so it always feels like a wee bit more of an occasion when you’re crossing the city for a competitive away game. Still managed to enjoy the day when Ayr scudded us 5-0, so am planning on doing the same here, regardless. 

What’s happening off the pitch ?

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

What’s happening off the pitch ?

Not played a home match since March 2020. Selling season tickets to fans at a ground 30 miles away, neglecting to tell them that we’re actually third in line to use the stadium, with a number of very sudden changes to Friday night. A chief executive who has given false promise after false promise on Lesser Hampden and goes to ground every time it becomes apparent that said promise has fallen apart. Every match thread involves “when are you moving to Lesser Hampden” and the answer is always “absolutely no idea.”

On paper this should be high-scoring given QPs defensive issues and the fact all our centre halves are either injured or off form.

I didn't watch the second half on Wednesday as the stream died and at 0-3 I wasn't fussed about finding another one, but seemingly Cammy Smith had his best game for us so that's probably him back in the team for another 3 months- tbf if he does play well I won't complain.

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Not played a home match since March 2020. Selling season tickets to fans at a ground 30 miles away, neglecting to tell them that we’re actually third in line to use the stadium, with a number of very sudden changes to Friday night. A chief executive who has given false promise after false promise on Lesser Hampden and goes to ground every time it becomes apparent that said promise has fallen apart. Every match thread involves “when are you moving to Lesser Hampden” and the answer is always “absolutely no idea.”

Chief execs/Boards that don’t communicate with the supporters. They must have got the Firhill Disease last season. 

Weather looks to be dry at kick-off so the half-hour walk from wherever I can park my car should be nice. A bit excited too about the colour of the pitch. And grateful to PTFC for trusting us enough to mingle with Jags fans in the JH. 

The game at Lesser Ochil was a cracker and I'd be happy with similar tomorrow. Right now, I'm not sure if we'll ever see 3 goals from our team again but as the midweek game proved, anything's possible in this league. 

4-4 to Queen's Park. 🏁