Bully Wee vs Doonhamers at NDP

The main man that tormented you that day, has not played another game this season since he was brutally attacked by Connelly , who served a one game ban , and has been available for the rest of your games.

What's your point?

Hypothetical question I know but would that one man have made a lot of difference to your season so far? He certainly ran us ragged that day tbf. True, Connelly has been available for selection after serving his ban, but think the Gaffer left him out of a couple of squads as punishment for his stupidity, he hasn't featured anywhere near as much as would have been anticipated. In fact his mum even asked him if he'd fallen out with the gaffer 'cos he wasn't getting game time. I do accept your point though. 

Difficult to say of course but he carried the ball forward extremely well that day and the left hand side has been a real problem since with us having absolutely no similar styled replacement. We’ve tried various players including Kurtis Roberts and Gomis there with disappointing results.

We are three or four players short of an even close to functioning team and duthie will not have to wait long to reclaim his place on return to fitness.

21 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We do have a dreadful record at NDP. We've won there once, in March 2006, when Paul Burns and John O'Neill scored in a 2-0 win. I was there so I've seen us win there.

We've had 4 draws and 13 losses in our other 17 visits to date (counting our League Cup group game in July 2017 as a loss as we lost on penalties). In our last 9 visits we've scored just 3 goals in total and conceded 16.

Total record on the ground is Played 18, Won 1, Drawn 4 (or 5), Lost 13 (or 12) depending how you count that League Cup tie.

Me too! The original Great Escape season - just after the 1-0 Bowey win over Stranraer and right in the middle of an incredible run of 1 defeat in about 12 having only won our second match of the season at the end of January.  

On 19/10/2022 at 18:09, 19QOS19 said:

What's your point?

Probably that Connelly was only out for 1/2 games and our guy hasn't been back yet.

However he's had another health issue that had nothing to do with the tackle. Hopefully we'll be seeing him back soon, however  messiah he ain't !

Probably that Connelly was only out for 1/2 games and our guy hasn't been back yet.
However he's had another health issue that had nothing to do with the tackle. Hopefully we'll be seeing him back soon, however  messiah he ain't !

But that's the way it is. That's the punishment for a straight red. We all know that before a ball is kicked so we can't exactly complain about it afterwards.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

But that's the way it is. That's the punishment for a straight red. We all know that before a ball is kicked so we can't exactly complain about it afterwards.

I'm not sure if Shawfielder was seriously complaining or just being a bit sarcastic that Connelly has played more than the man he scythed. Maybe he was just looking for a reaction. 

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Was more of an explanation rather than a justification. Certainly wasn't defending that point of view, would be chaos if every injury led to an equal suspension 😂