Bully Wee vs Doonhamers at NDP

10 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Enjoy your 3-0 victory!

Brilliant! ... you've cheered me up this morning!  You do remember our wonderful "defence" from the first day of the season, aye?

5 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

I know its not Accies we’re playing, but I’ve been to NDP numerous times to watch Queens and never seen us win. Anyone any idea the last time we won a game there?

I don't think I've ever seen us win at NDP.  I do remember a draw at the Old Douglas Park though - back when driving tests required hand signals ...

The omens aren't good.

I know its not Accies we’re playing, but I’ve been to NDP numerous times to watch Queens and never seen us win. Anyone any idea the last time we won a game there?
Same. I was hoping to get to one of the Clyde games in the hope of seeing us win there. The best I've seen was a 1-1 draw in the opening game against Hamilton. I think Weatherson scored for us and Goram was in goal for Accies.

I I think my only time at Broadwood Stadium, where Clyde have just departed, was when Queens won the Challenge Cup Final vs. Brechin City 2-0 which was 20 years ago this Thursday 20th October, when Andy Goram completed his haul of Scottish Football winning medals.

Ah well, Clyde losing again last night, 8 in a row now is it, and Queens having a terrible record at NDP, something's got to give. Both sides will be desperate for a win to end the sequence so I'll put it down for a draw but it would be so Queens-like to end Clyde's dismal run. We also have to avenge the opening day mauling though. Hopefully Danny Lennon is still in charge of the Bully Wee if the players have indeed downed tools under hiim, and hopefully Wullie Gibson's little niggle that has bothered him  (no, not the Chairman) has cleared up and he picks himself, if allowed. I very much doubt we will witness a classic here. 

On 16/10/2022 at 12:11, sidofthesouth said:

We do have a dreadful record at NDP. We've won there once, in March 2006, when Paul Burns and John O'Neill scored in a 2-0 win. I was there so I've seen us win there.

We've had 4 draws and 13 losses in our other 17 visits to date (counting our League Cup group game in July 2017 as a loss as we lost on penalties). In our last 9 visits we've scored just 3 goals in total and conceded 16.

Total record on the ground is Played 18, Won 1, Drawn 4 (or 5), Lost 13 (or 12) depending how you count that League Cup tie.

On 16/10/2022 at 10:05, Otis Blue said:

Brilliant! ... you've cheered me up this morning!  You do remember our wonderful "defence" from the first day of the season, aye?

The main man that tormented you that day, has not played another game this season since he was brutally attacked by Connelly , who served a one game ban , and has been available for the rest of your games.

33 minutes ago, shawfielder said:

The main man that tormented you that day, has not played another game this season since he was brutally attacked by Connelly , who served a one game ban , and has been available for the rest of your games.

Hypothetical question I know but would that one man have made a lot of difference to your season so far? He certainly ran us ragged that day tbf. True, Connelly has been available for selection after serving his ban, but think the Gaffer left him out of a couple of squads as punishment for his stupidity, he hasn't featured anywhere near as much as would have been anticipated. In fact his mum even asked him if he'd fallen out with the gaffer 'cos he wasn't getting game time. I do accept your point though. 

We do have a dreadful record at NDP. We've won there once, in March 2006, when Paul Burns and John O'Neill scored in a 2-0 win. I was there so I've seen us win there.
We've had 4 draws and 13 losses in our other 17 visits to date (counting our League Cup group game in July 2017 as a loss as we lost on penalties). In our last 9 visits we've scored just 3 goals in total and conceded 16.
Total record on the ground is Played 18, Won 1, Drawn 4 (or 5), Lost 13 (or 12) depending how you count that League Cup tie.

Thanks for the confirmation SD that we have, as I thought, a dreadful record at NDP