Dundee FC v Greenock Morten

20 minutes ago, Bob in Denny said:

One point heading back to Greenock from the Derry's finest puddings..

Thank you

🤣

The (white) pudding in the chicken pie from the kiosk was actually the most inspired contribution from Dundee today. 

I'm reluctant to be too harsh but it was absolutely chronic.

Thought it was poor that the fans started booing subs with Robinson coming off. I disagreed with the decision but what purpose does that serve when the manager is making 4 subs to try and get a bit of impetus into the game? Even if you disagree with that sub, and I think it's fair to say it wasn't the best decision in the world, it wasn't the time to be booing when the team needed to rally.

Morton time wasted from the first half. They set out to frustrate us and did just that. They came for a point and got one so fair play to them. I thought they'd become a bit more adventurous after we went a man down but they stuck to their original plan. Fair enough.

I'm reluctant to criticise this '6 defenders!!!' mantra as well. For better, or for worse, McGhee is viewed as primarily a CM these days and loads of people have consistently said Marshall should be given a go on the left wing.

Mulligan had a bit of a mare and couldn't connect Robinson to the midfield and then Williamson was just very poor leaving a ball winning midfielder in McGhee to try and win the midfield battle.

Thought the back line was decent.

Need a better attacking impetus that was very poor and McCowan was well off it today.

Don't blame it on the formation as such today just far too many were well off it.

Williamson needs to put out of his misery. You’re never going to play for Rangers son. He needs a one way ticket to Peterhead.

We clearly dominated the game but Morton had a few moments, the ball flashing across the 6 yard line.

Bowyer should have hooked Mulligan, a red card looked a case of when, not off.

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Williamson needs to put out of his misery. You’re never going to play for Rangers son. He needs a one way ticket to Peterhead.

We clearly dominated the game but Morton had a few moments, the ball flashing across the 6 yard line.

Bowyer should have hooked Mulligan, a red card looked a case of when, not off.

Clearly dominated? The ball spent more time in the Dundee half than in Morton's I would say. Not that anything actually happened in any area of the pitch.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Were you actually there??

I stated on this thread I watched the full 90 on stream. But by all means argue the toss about Dundee 'dominating' the game.

38 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Morton time wasted from the first half. They set out to frustrate us and did just that. They came for a point and got one so fair play to them. I thought they'd become a bit more adventurous after we went a man down but they stuck to their original plan. 

Well no, our original plan was to compete, put pressure on Dundee in your penalty box, not give much away and convert chances to win. We succeeded in 3/4 of those. Piling forward in search of a goal (which we were more likely to get) in the closing stages could easily have seen us lose the game. Imrie is a smarter coach than that: certainly far smarter than the 'English Championship' fraud in the home dugout. 

You're absolutely correct to say that we frustrated Dundee - that's called defending and organisation. It is not incumbent on Morton to roll over to make your weekend enjoyable.  Taking the sting out of the game from time to time is also part of that sensible management of the match: there was nothing outrageous other than Muirhead's laughable Hand of God effort.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Well no, our original plan was to compete, put pressure on Dundee in your penalty box, not give much away and convert chances to win. We succeeded in 3/4 of those. Piling forward in search of a goal (which we were more likely to get) in the closing stages could easily have seen us lose the game. Imrie is a smarter coach than that: certainly far smarter than the 'English Championship' fraud in the home dugout. 

You're absolutely correct to say that we frustrated Dundee - that's called defending and organisation. It is not incumbent on Morton to roll over to make your weekend enjoyable.  Taking the sting out of the game from time to time is also part of that sensible management of the match: there was nothing outrageous other than Muirhead's laughable Hand of God effort.

What a lot of shite from start to finish.

Better when you stick to your stale clichés tbh.

On 18/10/2022 at 22:04, The Derry said:

Genuinely getting goosebumps at the excitement of knocking one of the halfwits out.  Derry Rule.

😂 State of

that....... 

Come back when yer plums have dropped, son. 

Edited by Rudolph Hucker