Dundee FC v Greenock Morten

Total free hit for the mighty Ton here: we're bound to lose sooner or later...  but a win - or even a point - and the Derry Boys will be needing a new seethometer.

No doubt Sir Doug will have the necessary calm and professionalism to deal with the situation, win, lose, or draw...

Edited by The Ghost of B A R P

The next 5 league games are a real chance for us to now get over a pretty mediocre start to the season and pull together a solid run of form that put us back up there as being genuine contenders. 

Robinson and Mulligan simply need to start this game and in their favoured positions. I'm just not convinced by Sweeney but as some point this season we need to stick with a back 4 so I would keep it as per the game against Ayr. 

We should be winning this...but Dundee don't do predictable and Morton are a difficult team. Just get the points Dundee.

The next 5 league games are a real chance for us to now get over a pretty mediocre start to the season and pull together a solid run of form that put us back up there as being genuine contenders. 
Robinson and Mulligan simply need to start this game and in their favoured positions. I'm just not convinced by Sweeney but as some point this season we need to stick with a back 4 so I would keep it as per the game against Ayr. 
We should be winning this...but Dundee don't do predictable and Morton are a difficult team. Just get the points Dundee.

Stick with the same team (as the second half against Ayr) tbqh.

I know Sweeney has bombscare moments in him - but I think if he is going to be played then play him in the same back 4 (and midfield 4) so he gets a bit of confidence back.

Happy that McCowan is back - overplaying Cameron at this stage is not a good move. Allows us a bit more flexibility in midfield as well as playing McMullan and Mulligan in more natural roles.

On 16/10/2022 at 14:17, Shadow Play said:

As I understand it, when most Morten fans visit Dundee they take the opportunity to visit the V&A and Discovery Point in the morning.  Thereafter having lunch at the Malmaison Hotel before making their way to marvel at one of Archibald Leith’s finest designs.

If you could perhaps provide a similar list of cultural delights for our next visit to Greenock I’m sure that will increase the number of travelling Dees.

Thank you.  

We could start by offering a dining experience in one of our many award winning local restaurants, rather than claiming a hotel chain present in another dozen places across the UK as a cultural highlight.

However, anyone wanting a higher standard of culture than the Ladywell Tavern is doing away games in Dundee wrong.