Dundee FC v Greenock Morten

Well no, our original plan was to compete, put pressure on Dundee in your penalty box, not give much away and convert chances to win. We succeeded in 3/4 of those. Piling forward in search of a goal (which we were more likely to get) in the closing stages could easily have seen us lose the game. Imrie is a smarter coach than that: certainly far smarter than the 'English Championship' fraud in the home dugout. 
You're absolutely correct to say that we frustrated Dundee - that's called defending and organisation. It is not incumbent on Morton to roll over to make your weekend enjoyable.  Taking the sting out of the game from time to time is also part of that sensible management of the match: there was nothing outrageous other than Muirhead's laughable Hand of God effort.

Defending and frustrating? So not dominating then? Cheers.

Oh and the 1980’s have been on the phone.

41 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What a lot of shite from start to finish.

Better when you stick to your stale clichés tbh.

Scathing criticism indeed from the chump who spent years touting Barry Smith as God's gift to football management.

Enjoy stewing for the rest of the night.

IMG-20220313-WA0007.jpg.1358f3462ffdd4f170519b480b520fca.jpg

7 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

that right aye?... 😴

nae idea..didnt see the warm ups but since it started the minute the game started i just assumed you had been doing it during the warm up....whats amusing one set of fans are fucking pissed off that their team even after going down to 10 still didnt win the game while the other set of fans are quite happy that they time wasted dived generally played the ref like a fiddle(even having an extra player) and got a 0-0....wee team mentality.

Edited by Meeniedee

4 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

nae idea..didnt see the warm ups but since it started the minute the game started i just assumed you had been doing it during the warm up....whats amusing one set of fans are fucking pissed off that their team even after going down to 10 still didnt win the game while the other set of fans are quite happy that they time wasted dived generally played the ref like a fiddle(even having an extra player) and got a 0-0....wee team mentality.

Indeed it is.

891522966_8mx7DaY7Q6Tr(1).gif.7035ac587c2bb8ab41459968da2435fa.gif

Edited by vikingTON

11 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

morten..started time wasting during the pre match warm up and im sure their physio was on about 3 times during that warm-up for imaginary injuries....

That was the highlight of the day watching him waddling onto the pitch.

Fair play to Imrie, he's got his bunch of donkeys well organised.

Draw was fair.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Williamson needs to put out of his misery. You’re never going to play for Rangers son. He needs a one way ticket to Peterhead.

We clearly dominated the game but Morton had a few moments, the ball flashing across the 6 yard line.

Bowyer should have hooked Mulligan, a red card looked a case of when, not off.

Dundee clearly dominated nothing today.

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

Scathing criticism indeed from the chump who spent years touting Barry Smith as God's gift to football management.

Enjoy stewing for the rest of the night.

Much better. Rolling out some of the classic pish with that one. It's what you're good at.

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

That was the highlight of the day watching him waddling onto the pitch.

Fair play to Imrie, he's got his bunch of donkeys well organised.

Draw was fair.

Thank you.

That physios run was something else.

8 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

Can someone check to see if this c**t is alright?

28 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

morten..started time wasting during the pre match warm up and im sure their physio was on about 3 times during that warm-up for imaginary injuries....

Timewasting from the off against us at Ochilview a couple of weeks ago. But they won, so they'll carry on doing it. Horrible football.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

3 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Pretty much the same against us at Ochilview a couple of weeks ago. But they won, so they'll carry on doing it. Horrible football.

tbh they are fucking good at it...i blame the ref everytime we seemed to be on the attack one of them would go down with an "injury" im pretty sure the ref spoke to their keeper a few times but did f**k all about it even when we went down to 10 and the home fans getting restless🤣they still did it...they came for a point and left with a point but its a brutal watch(us included) 

I've absolutely no issue with Morton's tactics. It's snide as, riles up the opposition and begs for a response. It's everything Imrie was as a player.

If we went to a Hibs, Hearts or the like and did the same and came away with a point last season we wouldn't have been complaining particularly if we were in a position where we could only name 4 subs. 

I said it before about Arbroath, but it's our job to find ways round that. If we scored a goal, Morton would've instantly changed their style to a faster pace.

It's our problem, not Morton's.

31 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Timewasting from the off against us at Ochilview a couple of weeks ago. But they won, so they'll carry on doing it. Horrible football.

As opposed of course to the Brazil 1970 display that your shower of mercenaries produced, en route to a deserved swording.

Good to see you're still fuming though.

Edited by vikingTON

I've absolutely no issue with Morton's tactics. It's snide as, riles up the opposition and begs for a response. It's everything Imrie was as a player.
If we went to a Hibs, Hearts or the like and did the same and came away with a point last season we wouldn't have been complaining particularly if we were in a position where we could only name 4 subs. 
I said it before about Arbroath, but it's our job to find ways round that. If we scored a goal, Morton would've instantly changed their style to a faster pace.
It's our problem, not Morton's.

Yes, I agree. No problem with Morton today at all.

My first view of the new striker today, he impressed me.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Good to see we're still on your mind even though your team won 4-0 today🤣

1 hour ago, Meeniedee said:

tbh they are fucking good at it...i blame the ref everytime we seemed to be on the attack one of them would go down with an "injury" im pretty sure the ref spoke to their keeper a few times but did f**k all about it even when we went down to 10 and the home fans getting restless🤣they still did it...they came for a point and left with a point but its a brutal watch(us included) 

Having paid £24 Dougie at least ensured we got something for our money.

On 22/10/2022 at 19:02, Meeniedee said:

Bump.

Screenshot_20221028-213244_Chrome.jpg.4925a58d3eed38d230139411dc8c48c0.thumb.jpg.9ceb869939fac985884fd3e3d6b09e1d.jpg

'Wee team' indeed. Get back in your box. 

5a3071fcb1526_efecig.png.4623aab61af0f7be0e9c950f7cb25a05.png.4926386a451e03132b6430417307eb2f.png.af6f023ba061bd735019e0c0bc373194.png