Montrose vs Pars

43 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Absolute fucking toilet from us today. Wouldn't have been out of place last season. Just atrocious.

No idea what our approach was supposed to be. What was our gameplan?

Extremely concerning stuff today. Worse, it was pretty predictable.

Good amount of abuse for the Tory c**t today though.

Your result almost secondary for me today, I really do hope you gave the little weasel utter pelters. Thanks. 

Ooft, enjoyed that second one going in, I can tell you. Not a lot between the sides I didn't think, and the opener came slightly against the run of play. Two very nice finishes. Steeves, Waddell, and Sinclair all excellent today in keeping the scariest of the Pars attacks out. (McPake does seem to like a 'physical' side: for a team top of the league they work hard but no flair at all). Very encouraged by our showing today.

I get that goals change how people perceive the game was, but to say we were absolutely terrible and Montrose were very good just doesn't add up. 

It was a really tight game that we were on top off, then the Hamilton sub... Montrose took their chances and the keeper made three good stops, we didn't take ours. In a tight league, in a tight game that'll be the difference, on another day we get the win or draw and don't play as well as that. 

We were never going to win every game, or even go undefeated, in that perspective losing at Montrose isn't the end of the world. Take lessons from it, go forward. 

56 minutes ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

Your result almost secondary for me today, I really do hope you gave the little weasel utter pelters. Thanks. 

I gave him plenty, as did many others, but some gave him even more.

47 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I get that goals change how people perceive the game was, but to say we were absolutely terrible and Montrose were very good just doesn't add up. 

It was a really tight game that we were on top off, then the Hamilton sub... Montrose took their chances and the keeper made three good stops, we didn't take ours. In a tight league, in a tight game that'll be the difference, on another day we get the win or draw and don't play as well as that. 

We were never going to win every game, or even go undefeated, in that perspective losing at Montrose isn't the end of the world. Take lessons from it, go forward. 

Nah sorry, can't agree that we weren't terrible. Thought we were atrocious. Don't think their keeper had to make a save. We made very few chances.

Montrose absolutely deserved their win. Second goal was a total gift from Comrie.

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I gave him plenty, as did many others, but some gave him even more.

Nah sorry, can't agree that we weren't terrible. Thought we were atrocious. Don't think their keeper had to make a save. We made very few chances.

Montrose absolutely deserved their win. Second goal was a total gift from Comrie.

He made three decent stops along from Mochrie. 

Feckin great 3 points for us today. Once again, Dillon and Waddle were immense. Dillo is like a fine wine, he gets better with age.

Pars had a lot of play but never looked like scoring. We made a couple of changes and boy, did it pay off.

Scant consolation to Pars fans, you took twice as many fans as Falkirk did. Feck the blue pound, we'll take the black one 

21 minutes ago, Mid-Links Faithful said:

Excellent performance from Montrose.  Once McPake threw on Todorov I think we all knew it would be long balls and crosses for the big fella to attack.  Can’t help thinking that The Pars are better than that given the personnel at their disposal.  That said Dunfermline will still attain automatic promotion.

You think? Thought we were terribly exposed today. We won't be getting relegated, but think we will struggle to put the consistency together to finish top. We're only top by one point to FC Edinburgh.

Obviously would be delighted if we won the league and I hope we do, but I don't think we will.

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You think? Thought we were terribly exposed today. We won't be getting relegated, but think we will struggle to put the consistency together to finish top. We're only top by one point to FC Edinburgh.

Obviously would be delighted if we won the league and I hope we do, but I don't think we will.

TBF, throwing on Todorov won you the first game at EEP.

1 hour ago, PortyMo said:

Feckin great 3 points for us today. Once again, Dillon and Waddle were immense. Dillo is like a fine wine, he gets better with age.

Pars had a lot of play but never looked like scoring. We made a couple of changes and boy, did it pay off.

Scant consolation to Pars fans, you took twice as many fans as Falkirk did. Feck the blue pound, we'll take the black one 

Took our 3 points too ya c***s!

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Drunk Criss Angel GIF by DefyTV

Second large glass of wine, so don't know if this qualifies.

We have made quite a bit of progress since our whipping boy, laughing stock days of not that long ago. So I am very happy, with or without wine.

Edited by Brummo

Aye rubbish game and hinged on the subs - Hamilton coming off meant Todd dropping back which nullified his threat, whereas Montrose's subs complimented their line up and helped more them up the park. Poorest I've seen the back five for a while, Chalmers was back to his worst and really only Todd and Mehmet can come out of the game with credit (Mochrie too but I still think he flatters to deceive and should do a lot more with his final ball/strike). Need to pick things up next week before the Kincadine Bridge Derby.