Montrose vs Pars

4 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

I don't think that anyone has pointed out yet that our first ever game in front of the new stand was a 6 nil tanking by The Pars in the league cup back in 1992.

Thanks for sharing. For a picosecond I had almost forgotten how terrible we used to be for years and years and years etc. Still we have a lovely stand and thanks to Bryan of Bon Accord, our knight in shining armour back in the day - it has a very large, pretty unique window with a football etched on it.

What a turnaround in the club there has been since then. It is so much better in so many ways. I hope this is also reflected in the match on Saturday.

12 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

Looking forward to this. It's always good to play a team with a healthy travelling support.

I don't think that anyone has pointed out yet that our first ever game in front of the new stand was a 6 nil tanking by The Pars in the league cup back in 1992.

Presumably this was you guys in mourning at losing Ivo to Dundee?

Sadly missing this one. Had a golf weekend up there few years ago and was a great day/night out. Plenty pubs and not to far to get to the ground. As others have said, this will be pars hardest test so far this season. Hope we can sneak a win. But this could be the game to end our undefeated run. I'll go 1-0 pars tho and keep the clean sheet away from home run going aswel 😁

Went up to the Cup game in the freezing cold. Don't think it would have gone ahead had there not been a big crowd at the game - the artificial surface looked frozen in lots of areas and players were skiting about all over the place. Hopefully we get better weather tomorrow and I might even head up to this one. Would probably take a point if offered but with Falkirk looking in decent form and with a home gimme, ideally we sneak the three points again.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Went up to the Cup game in the freezing cold. Don't think it would have gone ahead had there not been a big crowd at the game - the artificial surface looked frozen in lots of areas and players were skiting about all over the place. Hopefully we get better weather tomorrow and I might even head up to this one. Would probably take a point if offered but with Falkirk looking in decent form and with a home gimme, ideally we sneak the three points again.

Aye that game shouldn't have went ahead at all! That was during that mad freezing winter as well. Just looking at the photos from the game you can see the pitch looks in rough shape. I mind that there was a small grass banking to walk up to get to the terracing behind the goal in the away end. It was frozen solid and folk were falling on their arses going up and down it. Saw some pretty painful looking falls given how hard the ground was.

7 hours ago, broomiesniper said:

I believe Ivo will be in attendance tomorrow

Don't say it if you don't mean it...you can't just say these things willy nilly. 

Edited by Stoo61

36 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Would such a terrible, wee shame if any nasty comments and/or chants were directed at a certain official tomorrow....

Screenshot_20221021-213750_Opera.thumb.jpg.274291db2b59408cd0efeb73334be263.jpg

He will be expecting pelters. Indulging him will only fuel his own sense of importance.

5 hours ago, Brummo said:

He will be expecting pelters. Indulging him will only fuel his own sense of importance.

You're quite right, but I know I couldn't resist the chance to give that odious puffed up little greaseball an earful. Or two.

Grateful if someone would oblige on my behalf. 

6 hours ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

You're quite right, but I know I couldn't resist the chance to give that odious puffed up little greaseball an earful. Or two.

If someone could also direct their opinions of him for me that would also be grand.

Not making this one today which is a shame as it's one I still have to tick off the list. I'd say this is the trickiest game so far, not an overly easy place to go but saying that we're not an easy nut to crack, I think it'll be a low scoring game. I'd take a point right now, but a win would be a wonderful result.

Safe journey to everyone heading up, like pea soup out there this morning.

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Would such a terrible, wee shame if any nasty comments and/or chants were directed at a certain official tomorrow....

Screenshot_20221021-213750_Opera.thumb.jpg.274291db2b59408cd0efeb73334be263.jpg

I shall be making him aware of my thoughts on his character. I sincerely hope he is on the away end line.

8 hours ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

I got you.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

If someone could also direct their opinions of him for me that would also be grand.

Got you too.

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Not making this one today which is a shame as it's one I still have to tick off the list. I'd say this is the trickiest game so far, not an overly easy place to go but saying that we're not an easy nut to crack, I think it'll be a low scoring game. I'd take a point right now, but a win would be a wonderful result.

Safe journey to everyone heading up, like pea soup out there this morning.

Absolutely glorious up here. Unseasonably warm too.

6 minutes ago, parsboi said:

I shall be making him aware of my thoughts on his character. I sincerely hope he is on the away end line.

He'll hopefully get it tight whatever end he runs.

We've already had the slimy shitebag a couple of times, due to segregation I reckon it'll be the Pars support down the beach end that can have their 'fun' with him today.

As for the game, my expectations aren't high - both sides appear to have striker issues, so 0-0 probably the best we can hope for. (Cue a pell mell 4-3 now I've said this)

24 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Got you too.

Doing god's work sir.

I'm always staggered the SFA see fit to employ someone who advocates restrictions against a certain ethnic group, but seems that is fine hopefully the fans can rebalance the morality equilibrium.