Montrose vs Pars

22nd of October, a week today, Montrose will play the Pars at Links Park in the first league match between the two at the ground since 5th May 1987.

The two teams have met in competitive action since at Links Park, a 2-2 draw in the Scottish Cup on the 8th of January 2011 in very icy conditions (we won the replay 5-3).

So a bit of a novelty in terms of league business. Just the 35 years since we played Montrose away in the league. 

We won the game at East End earlier in the season by a single goal. I suspect this will be our toughest game so far, as Montrose are an established team at this level and a very good one at that who are pushing to make the step up. Under Petrie they have been impressive for a few seasons now. They drew with Falkirk today so will feel they have little to fear from us.

Looking forward to it. Montrose is an excellent away day, Links Park is a decent ground and seeing Petrie is always a treat. 

Saying that, I'd quite enjoy 3 points.

Oh, we have a game on Tuesday first.

Is Steeplejacks still open? 

Me and a few others ended up at Montrose after a game against Brechin got postponed in the morning and had an absolute blast. 

Also turned the light off on a very peculiar Montrose fan in the toilet below the main stand, which was hilarious at the time. Actually chuckling thinking about it now. HEEEEEY RAARAARAAAA something something RAAAA

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Me and a few others ended up at Montrose after a game against Brechin got postponed in the morning and had an absolute blast. 

Also turned the light off on a very peculiar Montrose fan in the toilet below the main stand, which was hilarious at the time. Actually chuckling thinking about it now. HEEEEEY RAARAARAAAA something something RAAAA

yes, Steeplejacks is still open, much better pubs in the town than that one though.  If you're in the town centre I'd recommend the Market Arms, or for something a little closer to the ground then the Golf Inn.  You can get decent food in there as well

Banana Sambuca!!!!!

How many fans do you think you will take to LP Saturday? Looking forward to this one not seen Dunfermilne at LP for years especially in the league aswell.

As for pubs got loads to pick from up the town and all a short distance from LP.

Maybe 300-400 away fans. It's easy enough to get to, isn't too far away, is a ground a lot of fans will either never have been to or won't have been to in ages and we're doing not too bad in the league.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Maybe 300-400 away fans. It's easy enough to get to, isn't too far away, is a ground a lot of fans will either never have been to or won't have been to in ages and we're doing not too bad in the league.

I'd go with this, though I'd be looking towards the higher end.  All the positive aspects from above, but a little far for for some, colder weather kicking in, no rivalry factor and too early in the season for it to be a really big away support.  

Looking forward to this. It's always good to play a team with a healthy travelling support.

I don't think that anyone has pointed out yet that our first ever game in front of the new stand was a 6 nil tanking by The Pars in the league cup back in 1992.