Jump to content

The Caley βš«πŸ”΄πŸ¦… v Hamilton Academical πŸ”΄βšͺπŸŽ“


Recommended Posts

Who would’ve thought playing a central midfielder who can link with the attack would make us better?!
A060D181-AFCA-47AF-9100-6A70C3F1D7B4.thumb.png.9a3d4672e568094c8aeed58b3174251d.png
He's still needing constant coaching/encouragement through the game but if he's taking it on then he's a good option to have.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well done to those that made the long trip, glad the result rewarded the effort.

I watched the game through other means, and it certainly was improvement, you could clearly see a bit more urgency closing down the opposition on the ball.

Ngandu was definitely a shining light, and actually looks comfortable on the ball and can create things. Tbf I think most fans could see these qualities and were asking for him start long before the Partick game, but Rankin didn't seem to fancy him, hopefully he's learned from that.

Still need to find that killer instinct to get the 2nd goal, the last 15 minutes as they have been this season were nail biting stuff. Huge 2 games coming up now, with a chance to go on a run and get some points on the board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Did you not also have half your team injured for the game at Kirkcaldy as well?

I'm sure you'll find a way to win, or at the very least not lose, as you always do.

Β 

We had a fair few injuries for that game, aye, but we had reasonable replacements/cover then. Now we still have the same injuries plus 3 or 4 more with nobody to replace them with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its funny how when we scraped by after conceeding 3 at home to Brechin in the Irn Bells Wafer Cup with a line up which is beginning to align with what we are forced into given our injuries now so many Caley fans were defending the result, performance and depth at the club - especially the back up players and got rather upset at the suggestion the youth set up isnt producing levels who can step up. However, after another poor home performance these same fans are now complaining about the lack of depth................by my reckoning 6 started both games with a further 3 or 4 making appearances.

Tactically there's not many teams that can loose 6 or 7 starters and still perform at the same level getting results. Maybe I'm just missing the updates (dont do twatter etc) but don't really see much coming out of the club about injury status and whats going on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Its funny how when we scraped by after conceeding 3 at home to Brechin in the Irn Bells Wafer Cup with a line up which is beginning to align with what we are forced into given our injuries now so many Caley fans were defending the result, performance and depth at the club - especially the back up players and got rather upset at the suggestion the youth set up isnt producing levels who can step up. However, after another poor home performance these same fans are now complaining about the lack of depth................by my reckoning 6 started both games with a further 3 or 4 making appearances.

Who has been saying this? Genuinely can’t believe people would be having a go at our youth system when we have 3 β€œhome-grown” players in the starting 11 and at least another one on the bench who is looking to get more minutes on the park.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Who has been saying this? Genuinely can’t believe people would be having a go at our youth system when we have 3 β€œhome-grown” players in the starting 11 and at least another one on the bench who is looking to get more minutes on the park.

Would that be 16 year old Keith Bray who was on the bench last night? I'm hearing good reports on him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Would that be 16 year old Keith Bray who was on the bench last night? I'm hearing good reports on him.

I was mainly thinking of Hyde, who is supposed to be pretty highly rated. Same as Nicholson but he’s on loan this season.

No idea about Bray but they must thing well of him if they are putting him o the bench. We normally don’t bother filling the bench just for the sake of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
Γ—
Γ—
  • Create New...