The Caley βš«πŸ”΄πŸ¦… v Hamilton Academical πŸ”΄βšͺπŸŽ“

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Fair enough didn't realise the extent of the injuries.

That's pretty bad for this early on in the season, usually don't expect that amount until around December/January in the depths of winterΒ 

Just for some context we have the following out injured:Β 

Scott Allardice

Roddy Macgregor

Sean Welsh (was on bench tonight)

Daniel Devine

Austin Samuels

Shane Sutherland

Tom Walsh

And Daniel Mackay and Max Ram went off injured tonight too and Wallace Duffy had to be replaced in the starting line up by the aforementioned Max Ram πŸ˜‚ We’ll be advertising for another physio or 2 at this rateΒ 

I didn't think the referee was at all compliant tonight and without anything like a favourable decision or two, we failed to make a mark on the game.

Β 

Poor Danny MacKay, in an instant he went from potentially bearing down on goal to losing his footing and being carried off with one leg taking no weight.

I do hope I'm wrong but I don't expect to see him for a considerable period of time.

10 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Surely some mistake?Β 

Think he’s missed more games than he’s played for us, guy is made of chocolate

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Has he ever not been injured since playing about 2 games in the season he was with us about 2 years ago??

He’s another one that’s made of glass, he worked his way into the team before the playoffs then went off injured after about 15 mins against Partick and hasn’t been seen sinceΒ 

46 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

He’s another one that’s made of glass, he worked his way into the team before the playoffs then went off injured after about 15 mins against Partick and hasn’t been seen sinceΒ 

Yeah he was seen as a marquee signing for us but is riddled with injuries, in reflection that's probably the only reason we got him to sign for us as noboy else would take him with his injury record

Not long home from a long but satisfying trip. If that was similar to how we played on Saturday then I can see why the performance got a lot of praise, even if we conceded plenty of chances.

Really direct with the defence clearly told to just empty it at all points. The balls in behind were a big part of the gameplan as you could tell there'd been a wee bit of work done with them trying to create a wee bit of space to run into. Quite basic stuff but gotta start somewhere.

I think the pressing structure was a bit risky, esp combined with the messy rotation, which meant a lack of passing options out wide or a big gap for Inverness to drive into. Bit unfair to slag off the rotations when it played a big part in the goal, though, with Winter coming inside to receive a really clever pass from Lawson then Ngandu feeding Ryan who crossed for Winter.

It was nice to see Ngandu impress too. Looked like he was consigned to the bin not long ago but he played well and it makes a difference having a technically secure, natural 10. He, Winter and Tiehi are all still young guys learning the game but they've all got different attributes that make me root for them.

8 hours ago, rb123! said:

Yeah he was seen as a marquee signing for us but is riddled with injuries, in reflection that's probably the only reason we got him to sign for us as noboy else would take him with his injury record

Begining to think our physio team thought with Doran suddenly finding some fitness and getting a run of games over the last few years that they might have been a bit quiet workwise so recommended Walsh to the board

Fingers crossed we can get some bodies back quickly. Potential injury list of 10 with 6 or 7 who would be realistic starters in a full strength squad.

There's a real chance heading towards this wknd that Raith might get something and we could see a few poor results on the bounce again

6 hours ago, accies1874 said:

It was nice to see Ngandu impress too. Looked like he was consigned to the bin not long ago but he played well and it makes a difference having a technically secure, natural 10.

Who would’ve thought playing a central midfielder who can link with the attack would make us better?!

A060D181-AFCA-47AF-9100-6A70C3F1D7B4.thumb.png.9a3d4672e568094c8aeed58b3174251d.png

51 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Fingers crossed we can get some bodies back quickly. Potential injury list of 10 with 6 or 7 who would be realistic starters in a full strength squad.

There's a real chance heading towards this wknd that Raith might get something and we could see a few poor results on the bounce again

Did you not also have half your team injured for the game at Kirkcaldy as well?

I'm sure you'll find a way to win, or at the very least not lose, as you always do.

Β