The Caley ⚫🔴🦅 v Hamilton Academical 🔴⚪🎓

6 minutes ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Was just basing that on some of the names in ICT squad tonight I know & how bad we've been so far this season emoji23.png

I’d say of the 10 outfield players 4 of them would be starters in our strongest team.

3 out of the 4 defenders are included in that but the 1 that is starting is probably our 4th choice centre back and he himself is only just back from injury.

No idea how bad you have been this season to be honest but this is probably the best ever time to play us. Not that you ever really need to catch us at a bad time. Hamilton seem to be one of those teams who always gets a result against us no matter what the form of the two teams are.

Our performance on Saturday was pretty rotten to say the least. With even more injuries its probably not too much of a surprise I guess. Not that this makes the current score any easier to take. 

13 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Hopefully needing this link later...................fingers crossed although getting a bit more concerned with our ever growing injury list even if Hamilton are dross just now

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/284184-top-of-the-league-and-youre-no/page/5/

abH0IUT.jpg

Disappointing result but with the injuries we have not unexpected.

Just got to move on to Saturday and hope the additional injuries suffered tonight are nothing major and that we can get a few more back fit.

Edited by PB1994

25 minutes ago, RiG said:

Sounds like all we are doing is punting it long. MacKay and Ram off injured as well. Great... 

Should've got him to punch the ball off the goal line, and you could've got a point.

Thank you.

21 minutes ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Tinpot Caley strike again 🙈🤣 absolute fucking shambles of a club 

Imagine blowing the chance to go top of the league and losing to a club doing a slow Brechin 💩💩💩

You'll soon be off to meet them in the seaside leagues. The irony of a fan from a part time club dwelling at the bottom of the league using terms like tinpot and shambles. Also doesn't say much for the rest of the teams in the league if we are still 2nd as this bad!!!

Since ICT clearly have the aim of getting back to the Premiership, i'm always surprised at how they seem to run a smaller squad cause i'm pretty sure they got fucked by injuries at one point last season.

Is the squad size to do with a financial aspect or more the location of the club in the Highlands?

19 minutes ago, RiG said:

We've got so many players out now I reckon I might get a call up for Saturday. Grim.

Given the absolute hoodoo you have over us you could put 11 fans out on the pitch and probably still win. 😒

4 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

You'll soon be off to meet them in the seaside leagues. The irony of a fan from a part time club dwelling at the bottom of the league using terms like tinpot and shambles. Also doesn't say much for the rest of the teams in the league if we are still 2nd as this bad!!!

This year the league is pretty much looking like it'll be won by the team who is "least shit" rather than good. 

Just now, rb123! said:

Since ICT clearly have the aim of getting back to the Premiership, i'm always surprised at how they seem to run a smaller squad cause i'm pretty sure they got fucked by injuries at one point last season.

Is the squad size to do with a financial aspect or more the location of the club in the Highlands?

It's not a small squad it's just recruitment of glass legs. Been like this for a few seasons taking the gamble on poor injury history players who we get cheap on the hope they get a good run going. That plus the concrete training pitches we invested in....gotta be tough in this league up against donkeys and hammer throwers

Tbf they have a squad of around 21 (I’m going by Wikipedia there and only counting players that I’m sure aren’t just youths making up the numbers) so it’s not that small. By comparison we have a squad of 23. I’m not sure how many they have out but I’m fairly certain it’s around 6/7 injuries they have. Any squad with that many injuries will falter eventually. It’s a shame we couldn’t take advantage a couple of weeks ago but I no longer expect anything from games against the Caley. They could play The Scarf in goal and I’d still be expecting a routine 3 points for them.

On 15/10/2022 at 17:59, Stephen Malkmus said:

The Caley juggernaut rolls into the The Caley Stadium (The TCS). Will this ragtag bunch of FM regens and John Rankin stop us? My money is on no: if The Caley fail to win this one, I will personally refund the entry fee of the third match-attending Hamilton fan to post in this thread.

😝😝😝

7 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

It's not a small squad it's just recruitment of glass legs. Been like this for a few seasons taking the gamble on poor injury history players who we get cheap on the hope they get a good run going. That plus the concrete training pitches we invested in....gotta be tough in this league up against donkeys and hammer throwers

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Tbf they have a squad of around 21 (I’m going by Wikipedia there and only counting players that I’m sure aren’t just youths making up the numbers) so it’s not that small. By comparison we have a squad of 23. I’m not sure how many they have out but I’m fairly certain it’s around 6/7 injuries they have. Any squad with that many injuries will falter eventually. It’s a shame we couldn’t take advantage a couple of weeks ago but I no longer expect anything from games against the Caley. They could play The Scarf in goal and I’d still be expecting a routine 3 points for them.

Fair enough didn't realise the extent of the injuries.

That's pretty bad for this early on in the season, usually don't expect that amount until around December/January in the depths of winter