The Caley βš«πŸ”΄πŸ¦… v Hamilton Academical πŸ”΄βšͺπŸŽ“

10 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Well I mean that’s complete nonsense. They were in the section below the hospitality part. A few decided they wanted to start sitting in the upper section amongst the home fans and when they started getting pumped they thought it would be a good idea to try and punch us in the face. Waiting at full time to try and start fights before being dragged away by the stewards.

May well have been a different occasion or visiting team (some games blend into each other at times), as the area below hospitality is Sections D&E, only noted because Section E is my seating area, so never recall any away fans behind me but do recall across in Section G (not far away) where the as described happened and the segregation was just some coloured safety barrier tape. Also know some fans complained (officially) about the away fan behaviour but never saw any punch ups or ejections. That said as I don't live locally I cant always attend every game - so pretty bad form if that was the case where it escalated from 'banter' to violence.

Edited by bdu98196

5 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

May well have been a different occasion or visiting team (some games blend into each other at times), as the area below hospitality is Sections D&E, only noted because Section E is my seating area, so never recall any away fans behind me but do recall across in Section G (not far away) where the as described happened and the segregation was just some coloured safety barrier tape. Also know some fans complained (officially) about the away fan behaviour but never saw any punch ups or ejections. That said as I don't live locally I cant always attend every game - so pretty bad form if that was the case where it escalated from 'banter' to violence.

The hospitality section is Upper F, normally the first 3 or 4 rows depending on how busy it is then the rest is just normal fans. The away support was supposed to be in Lower F. It was a midweek game. Don’t think it was a Friday game so must have been a Tuesday or Wednesday. Away fans in that section has happened a few times. I’m sure Falkirk were in there a few times for midweek games.

It wasn’t even as if they were part of a young team. It was 4 or 5 fully grown adults, you know the type. They decided to sit in the first few rows of the upper section, not that big a deal but a few home fans asked the stewards to move them. They refused to move and to the surprise of nobody the stewards just left them to it.

To start with it was fine, a bit annoying but fine. A few songs sung and been told it’s a shite home support. They were told to shut the f**k up and go back to the away section. I think we ended up winning 3-0 or maybe 3-1? It was a very comfortable victory, so when we went 2 up they were getting a bit back but just couldn’t take it. Pointing out fans saying they were getting done at full time etc. We scored again and they lost it, tried to climb up through the rows to start decking folk and then at full time waited by bottom of the stairs at the exit for some folk to come down.

Its the only time any sort of β€œtrouble” as ever happened when away fans have been in the main stand and didn’t particularly bother me that much but quite a few kids do sit in that section and I don’t imagine there parents would be happy with it and it’s something that should be easily avoided.

14 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Caley currently 5/6 with William Hill for this match. Seems rather generous given both teams recent form.

We’ll be lucky if we have three outfield players on the bench tomorrow. A CM of Lewis Hyde Cameron Harper and Aaron Doran. I’m thinking Hamilton’s odds are generous!Β 

2 minutes ago, RossP said:

We’ll be lucky if we have three outfield players on the bench tomorrow. A CM of Lewis Hyde Cameron Harper and Aaron Doran. I’m thinking Hamilton’s odds are generous!Β 

Combo of injury/suspension?

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Not ideal changing the back line but we may see Carson move up into midfield and Max Ram come into right back. I’m sure Dodds done this late on in the Partick game.

Good shout. I didn't think about Carson going into midfield. I recall Ram having a 0% pass rate when he played in the last few mins of that Partick game - hopefully if he's starting there'll be a significant improvement.Β 

Hopefully needing this link later...................fingers crossed although getting a bit more concerned with our ever growing injury list even if Hamilton are dross just now

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/284184-top-of-the-league-and-youre-no/page/5/

Β 

17 hours ago, bobbykdy said:

Caley currently 5/6 with William Hill for this match. Seems rather generous given both teams recent form.

I had a bunch on Platinum Prince 7/4 Fav at yesterdays 1645 Windsor and it came in fuckin 8th, so I'll take fuckall out of those Caley odds.

42 minutes ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Inverness team & bench looks strong enough to me.

Comfortable home win IMO

What!? That is a horrendous starting 11.

If Hamilton can’t beat us, now 1-0 up, they should just go play in the lowland league or better yet fold.

What!? That is a horrendous starting 11.
If Hamilton can’t beat us, now 1-0 up, they should just go play in the lowland league or better yet fold.
Was just basing that on some of the names in ICT squad tonight I know & how bad we've been so far this season [emoji23]

On 17/10/2022 at 09:20, bdu98196 said:

Yeah was a visit from Morton if I remember right - pretty sure they were housed in the far section without any roof cover which was have been proper shite if it had rained that day. Some of their young team were standing up and shouting so a lot of the nearby main standers were horrified at the behavior and rowdy scenes, some were so shocked they almost choked on their boiled sweet!!!! Was a ll a bit of fuss over nothing, few sweary words, bit of finger pointing and some calls of 'shitey home support etc' but there was a bit of knicker wetting from afterwards about the lack of steward interventions and normal segregation resumed swiftly after.

I think that was the 5-0 Friday night game? I sat down in the first available seat I saw and immediately had a steward come over threatening to throw me out for sitting in the home section, despite there being no indication of where the home section ended and away section began. It was bizarre, they could simply have segregated it with some tape or even having a steward permanently stood at wherever the dividing line was supposed to be to avoidΒ any confusion.

Not as bizarre as whatever the f**k Billy Dodds is up to here, right enough.