The Caley ⚫🔴🦅 v Hamilton Academical 🔴⚪🎓

The Caley juggernaut rolls into the The Caley Stadium (The TCS). Will this ragtag bunch of FM regens and John Rankin stop us? My money is on no: if The Caley fail to win this one, I will personally refund the entry fee of the third match-attending Hamilton fan to post in this thread.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

Our record against Hamilton last season was dreadful. Important to get another 3 points to keep the run going.

Our run of fixtures up to December are rather good with winnable away games and Ayr and Dundee at home so we really need to take advantage of that.

Unless Accies find our shooting boots & somehow miraculously remember how to defend I can't see anything other than a home win - injuries in the Caley squad or not!

Away attendance for a Tues night, players families & the few mad men who go to every game regardless at best - most will be saving their money for Arbroath away next Saturday.

It’s time we started publishing/announcing away supports the way some other clubs in our league do… not having a pop at Accies but some of the more crowdwanky teams.

Some of the away numbers at Caley Stadium are piss poor considering the stick we get when our fans have to travel the A9 20 times a season rather than twice. There was even a St Mirren fan a few years back who thought the car park should be free considering how far they’d come…

They’ve been piss poor for years. I think we’re in the unique position where we have a fair amount of central based fans where our away games are their home games. 

Conversely, how many Ayr, Morton, Hamilton, Cove fans live in Inverness?

These clubs have never taken numbers to us. I agree, it would be interesting to see how many away fans turn up. This season and last, some away crowds for Saturday games weren’t even close to breaking 3 figures.

We really should close the south stand and start housing some of the away support in the Main Stand or even part of the North Stand (if that was somehow feasible). No point opening a 2,200 seater stand for 40 people. Not a slight on Accies but a lot of the away crowds we get are too small to make opening a big stand worth it and you'd only imagine with the cost of living issues many of us face those numbers will dwindle even more.

I'm surprised we haven't started to look at earlier kick offs actually to save some more on costs. 

17 minutes ago, RiG said:

We really should close the south stand and start housing some of the away support in the Main Stand or even part of the North Stand (if that was somehow feasible). No point opening a 2,200 seater stand for 40 people. Not a slight on Accies but a lot of the away crowds we get are too small to make opening a big stand worth it and you'd only imagine with the cost of living issues many of us face those numbers will dwindle even more.

I'm surprised we haven't started to look at earlier kick offs actually to save some more on costs. 

The regulars might not be keen on that if they make noise or look semi excited?

17 minutes ago, RiG said:

I think we tried that just before Covid and we didn't bother to segregate it, or had one steward sat between the fans, and things got a bit heated one game so the club decided that all away fans go in the South Stand.

I agree with you however, we only really need to open the South Stand for games against the likes of Thistle and Dundee.

Yeah was a visit from Morton if I remember right - pretty sure they were housed in the far section without any roof cover which was have been proper shite if it had rained that day. Some of their young team were standing up and shouting so a lot of the nearby main standers were horrified at the behavior and rowdy scenes, some were so shocked they almost choked on their boiled sweet!!!! Was a ll a bit of fuss over nothing, few sweary words, bit of finger pointing and some calls of 'shitey home support etc' but there was a bit of knicker wetting from afterwards about the lack of steward interventions and normal segregation resumed swiftly after.

39 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Yeah was a visit from Morton if I remember right - pretty sure they were housed in the far section without any roof cover which was have been proper shite if it had rained that day. Some of their young team were standing up and shouting so a lot of the nearby main standers were horrified at the behavior and rowdy scenes, some were so shocked they almost choked on their boiled sweet!!!! Was a ll a bit of fuss over nothing, few sweary words, bit of finger pointing and some calls of 'shitey home support etc' but there was a bit of knicker wetting from afterwards about the lack of steward interventions and normal segregation resumed swiftly after.

Well I mean that’s complete nonsense. They were in the section below the hospitality part. A few decided they wanted to start sitting in the upper section amongst the home fans and when they started getting pumped they thought it would be a good idea to try and punch us in the face. Waiting at full time to try and start fights before being dragged away by the stewards.

I don’t think there would be any extra stewarding costs in having them in the south stand and they could still use the shop where the bar is so it’s far easier to have them away from the home fans for the odd time the away fans can’t handle getting beaten and taking a bit of abuse from the home fans.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I hope you laughed in their face?  Getting started on my a Morton fan would be pretty funny IMO.  

Aye, there was lots of laughing at them. Which just seemed to set them off again.

It was highly entertaining. So actually on that basis, I’ve changed my mind. Get them in the Main Stand more often.