Doric vs Attic: Aberdeen vs Hearts Sunday 2022-10-16

8 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Just read that Aberdeen have played 15 games so far this season while Hearts have played 17 games.

Aye, but our 15 games include matches against Peterhead, Dumbarton, Raith, Stirling and Annan rather than Grasshoppers, Başakşehir, Fiorentina.

Paolo Maldini: "If I have to make a tackle then I have already made a mistake".

We need to get Richrdson out on the training pitch looking at his positioning and awareness. At the moment he is so out of position he isn't even making a challenge. This is surely something we can develop in him, but is an issue others are exploiting  regularly.

14 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I fully anticipate Jorge Grant to be issued with a red card (2 match ban) just as Clarkson was after his challenge during the Ross County match was reviewed.

Andy Halliday was shown a red card for a near identical challenge on Lewis Ferguson last season at Pittordrie. 

Good luck expecting consistency from the SFA.

9 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I've got one or two myself with Jayden Richardson at the forefront.

He didn't have a clue or seem to care where Cochrane was when he missed that sitter.

He contributed very little today and I would like to see Goodwin make moves to try and rectify that instead of watching him complete every minute of every game.

Ramadani played a lovely ball through for the opener but overall I wasn't impressed with him.

Although I'm delighted we took the three points we still look soft centered.

Performance wise, was there really any difference between Tannadice last week and Pittodrie this week? 

I'm just not convinced by this team and have no trust in them to get a result. 

We'll enjoy the victory today but I'm still not looking forward to those two away games at the end of the month.

I thought he was poor first half but we bossed the game when he finally got to grips with it.

Clarkson was the biggest disappointment for me. Too many highlight reel passes with the outside of the foot that went nowhere. He pressed beyond the strikers several times as well, needlessly, which left a gaping hole behind him.

53 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

Paolo Maldini: "If I have to make a tackle then I have already made a mistake".

We need to get Richrdson out on the training pitch looking at his positioning and awareness. At the moment he is so out of position he isn't even making a challenge. This is surely something we can develop in him, but is an issue others are exploiting  regularly.

In his defence, he was pushed out to wing back yesterday. Losing Cochrane before his hilarious mis-hit was inexplicable though, and he was atrocious against Utd, so it's only very very slightly in his defence. 

Result is as expected, but Hearts were much more in the game than I'd expected us to be.

Miss chances and defend that badly and you lose.

We simply need to get players back. In terms of positives, main one for me is that we probably won't be weaker than we are now at any other stage of the season, and Aberdeen still didn't really look any better than us over the ninety minutes. We could quite easily have won.

Get Celtic out the way and then we need some point of the board from the last three before the World Cup.

I never want to see another pint.

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Result is as expected, but Hearts were much more in the game than I'd expected us to be.

Miss chances and defend that badly and you lose.

We simply need to get players back. In terms of positives, main one for me is that we probably won't be weaker than we are now at any other stage of the season, and Aberdeen still didn't really look any better than us over the ninety minutes. We could quite easily have won.

Get Celtic out the way and then we need some point of the board from the last three before the World Cup.

I never want to see another pint.

Considering you had so many injuries I'd agree that it was an evenly fought match and had Hearts capitalised on one of 3 good chances the game could have had a very different outcome. Having said that Aberdeen also had opportunities where we should have probably scored. We were also missing Coulson and Hayes - arguably two of our best performers this season.

Nathan Atkinson, GMS, Michael Smith, Kyle Rowles, Craig Halkett, Cammy Devlin, Beni Beningime, Josh Ginnelly, Liam Boyce were all out. Add to that Halliday came off 7 minutes into the match. Any team would suffer with that many players out. However the last time Hearts visited Pittordrie (last season under Glass) the majority of those missing yesterday played and lost 2-1. 

Beni, Devlin, Halkett and Rowles (the spine of your first team) are clearly missed. The rest are bog standard SPL players. Boyce would certainly offer more than Shankland.

The past two seasons Aberdeen have been ravaged by injury crises as equally bad as the one you are currently experiencing and undoubtedly they affected those campaigns. McInnes went on his worst run of results with Aberdeen as a consequence and ultimately lost his job. So I feel a little for Neilson as he can only select a team based on the players he has available. 

Hearts fans will possibly disagree with my assessment but I feel the main culprit to your slow start this season is that your summer recruitment has thus far proven to be poor. Forrest, Grant and Shankland aren't producing the goods for a side hopeful of challenging for Europe and both Kio and Neilson look well out of their depth playing at this level. Snodgrass currently looks 2 stone overweight.

Your fortunate that the world cup is just around the corner as you'll have the chance to regroup.

8 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The past two seasons Aberdeen have been ravaged by injury crises as equally bad as the one you are currently experiencing and undoubtedly they affected those campaigns. McInnes went on his worst run of results with Aberdeen as a consequence and ultimately lost his job. So I feel a little for right up you Robbie Neilson as he can only select a team based on the players he has available.  you money spinning, greasy haired loving f**k.

good post apart from one bit that I fixed for you.😉

8 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

red.gif.8de7b557eeb5d2d122f2680923d70d23.gif

So whats the general consensus with time to reflect? Retro red and firing squad or meh! yellow was about right?

That's straight out of the Souness prick's guide on how to administer the career-ending tackle. Barron was lucky he wasn't seriously injured judging by that gif.

You would hope that the two Hearts physios who, first of all made Halliday walk right round half the ground on one leg, and then tried to get Haring to walk off the pitch when he couldn't even stand properly, would have a bit of retraining this week. 

22 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You would hope that the two Hearts physios who, first of all made Halliday walk right round half the ground on one leg, and then tried to get Haring to walk off the pitch when he couldn't even stand properly, would have a bit of retraining this week. 

Are you saying they should have pushed Halliday over as he tried to walk? Unorthodox but I’d be interested to see it.