Doric vs Attic: Aberdeen vs Hearts Sunday 2022-10-16

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

With Hearts left reeling after a heavy defeat in Florence and Aberdeen coming off a similar margin in Dundee the feel good factor is going to be in short supply on either side

Hearts will be without Nathaniel Atkinson (ankle), Beni Baningime(Cruciate Ligament), Liam Boyce(Cruciate Ligament), Cammy Devlin (suspended), Craig Halkett(Hamstring) &  Kye Rowles(Metatarsal) as well as possibly Josh Ginnelly, Michael Smith and/or  Gary Mackay Stevens

Aberdeen are missing Callum Roberts

So the hosts have to fancy their chances on this one

To be honest if Hearts can get three points at Pittodrie under these circumstances the SPFL may as well hand us third place now

“We’re not going to blame our injuries if this goes tits up, but...”

3 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

At least with Sunday games, they don't ruin your complete weekend.

Disagree, you fret all day Saturday to be disappointed on Sunday, whereas when you lose on Saturday you can spend Sunday laughing at whoever is getting stuffed by Celgers. Or, the odd time, laughing at Celgers, as one of them gets beat.

48 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Disagree, you fret all day Saturday to be disappointed on Sunday, whereas when you lose on Saturday you can spend Sunday laughing at whoever is getting stuffed by Celgers. Or, the odd time, laughing at Celgers, as one of them gets beat.

I'm the opposite. I really enjoy listening in to the goings on of all the Saturday matches knowing Aberdeen aren't involved. Hoping for a Montrose win, and looking for all the results that could benefit the Dons. Looking forward to it already. 

4 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Neither team look great, but if we were at home to a team missing their first pick centre-halves, their two right-backs, and their best holding midfielder, I'd fancy our chances.

I must say, the demon drink got the better of me on Wednesday night and I bowed to peer-pressure to book up for Saturday night in Aberdeen.

Just home from Florence, predictably done-in, and now face the prospect of another punishing session tomorrow in a city hours away where I'll wake up hungover and have to watch Hearts lose.

Can we bring the World Cup forward?

We've been good at home tbh.

A game at Tynecastle would give me the fear.

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

We've been good at home tbh.

A game at Tynecastle would give me the fear.

That's how I see it. At Tynecastle I reckon we'd be in with a shot at this. Selection issues as they are, I think Aberdeen win this with a bit to spare at Pittodrie.

We just need to get this month out the way and regroup.

As it stands we're three points off third. That's ok, and I think we can afford another three points on that gap by the break. We'll just need to take the next couple of weeks on the chin.

It's a long season, and we're unlikely to ever be weaker than we are now.

Edited by VincentGuerin

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Well done, you found the only player that doesn't fit the mould. Congratulations. 

It’s actually fairly rare for someone to move directly between the clubs. Which is probably because it usually represents a sideways move.

When it became clear that Severin had no intention of staying  it was understood that he was expecting a lucrative big time move down south

There was a certain schadenfreude amongst hearts supporters when billy big bollocks  had to accept that this had been his level all along 

13 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It’s actually fairly rare for someone to move directly between the clubs. Which is probably because it usually represents a sideways move.

When it became clear that Severin had no intention of staying  it was understood that he was expecting a lucrative big time move down south

There was a certain schadenfreude amongst hearts supporters when billy big bollocks  had to accept that this had been his level all along 

Of course you're right, it is fairly uncommon in recent times at any rate. The earliest two I remember are Ernie Winchester (Aberdeen to Hearts) and Eddie Thomson (Hearts to Aberdeen) late sixties/early seventies.  There's probably a lot more at that time.