Week 6

lichtie23

Thanks Bills. Won’t help my hapless Broncos in the long run, but just great to see the grin wiped off the faces of Mahomes, Kelce, and Reid. I thought for one moment the Chiefs latest ‘fall in a barrel of shite but come out smelling of roses’ moment would have been the clear trip on Josh Allen being ignored, but no. Showtime throws a pick and the tommohawk chant disappears up Kelce’s arse. Pleasing.

There are a few 6-0 teams who have completely disintegrated in the past, and while I think the Eagles are a bit more solid than the ones that immediately spring to mind, I don't think you get a really true and accurate picture of what's what in the NFL until December when the games really mean something and injuries start to pile up. I'd far rather end the season 6-0 than start it 6-0, and I'd want to see how Philly fare late in the year against a team that is going to stand up and punch them in the mouth. Hurts has evidently made strides over the off-season, but I'd still be wary of trusting him to go toe to toe in a game that becomes a QB battle.
Saw a tweet pregame yesterday ranking teams by fitness. The Eagles were top with over 90% of their recognised starters still available. To the surprise of nobody the 49ers were last with only 60% still fit. It makes a huge difference especially when you lost the whole D line like the 49ers have.