Livingston v St Johnstone 15/10/22

It was far from pretty, at times it was shite, but happy with the ground out win. I'd say we deserve a bit of good luck after a crap couple of weeks.

It'll be nice to have another BBC Alba re-run to have on the TV box.

Looking forward to seeing the St Johnstone chance that came off the bar in the first half. Think that could have been in 👀

Enjoyed that game, particularly the first half. In the second half, we were very dominant and should have scored more (again). Probably just about deserved to win but St. Johnstone unlucky to have not scored. 

Stephen Kelly was excellent, very impressed by him. Nouble and Bahamboula caused St. Johnstone (and most of the other teams they've faced) so many problems, we really really need to start killing off games when we're on top.

ETA - Pleased for Bahamboula - he did well to take the shot on and was rewarded. Very satisfying to score a crap goal like that for a change. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

I’d say that’s a fairly comfortable win in the end. Stephen Kelly made a big difference to our midfield and St Johnstone rarely threatened after their couple of chances at the beginning of the first half.

Got lucky with our goal but fair play to Bahamboula for having a pop. About time something went our way. Needed those three points with Rangers and Celtic back to back. St Johnstone weren’t up to much but they still look a better team than County or Killie. 

5 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Wonder what wee Davie Escobar will find to moan about after this one?

Nothing, we won.

Yeah lucky not to go a goal behind but when we got the breaks for a change i said to my mates we were winning this one. Seems stupid we haven't got goal line tech in Scotland, its 100% accurate and buzzes the refs wrist watch when it crosses the line, should've had that long before VAR imo. Anyway, thank feck we got the win, lifts the weekend a considerable bit after the 2 shite results putting a dampner on my last 2 weekends.

Anyone know why our 2nd goal wasn't given, was up celebrating like a dafty before noticing it wasn't given.

Nothing, we won.

Yeah lucky not to go a goal behind but when we got the breaks for a change i said to my mates we were winning this one. Seems stupid we haven't got goal line tech in Scotland, its 100% accurate and buzzes the refs wrist watch when it crosses the line, should've had that long before VAR imo. Anyway, thank feck we got the win, lifts the weekend a considerable bit after the 2 shite results putting a dampner on my last 2 weekends.
Anyone know why our 2nd goal wasn't given, was up celebrating like a dafty before noticing it wasn't given.
I think the main reason it wasn't given was Kevin Clancy being the referee

19 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Shitefested the shitefesters. Pleasing. 

Guy sitting behind me moaning we weren't putting the ball into their box when we kept going to the corner to wind the clock down. Got to wonder at some of our fans sometimes, we're a goal up going into injury time and wanting us to keep going for a 2nd goal, the amount of times we've done that and conceded with a break up the pitch.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

66 minutes to change anything, f**k me.

Games with Livi often are decided on who scores first. May squandered 2 decent openings and Brown had a great run and shot off the bar which I expect will be his St Johnstone career highlight.  Other than that we were poor.

Livi are masters of the dark arts and were aided by an incompetent ref. Wasting time, falling over feigning injury and ball boys taking ages to get the ball back when they’re sitting with one at pitch side. They are a side fully in keeping with their manager‘s character.

Theo Bair will never amount to anything, he’s had plenty of chances and he’s not the answer. Brown has no left foot so is not a good option at lwb as he can’t drive down the wing and turns back every time he gets possession.

Worst of the lot was our manager who felt leaving that set up and team the same for 3/4 of the match was the right decision.

Livi will be safe. Solid and with a front three that are a handful, they’ll push for top six again.  We are in for another relegation battle the way we’re heading.

After the first five minutes we couldn't keep or pass the ball and were never going to score so the Livi keeper had really nothing to do.

Why are all the other teams bigger and stronger than us?

Our midfield was nowhere to be seen.

Looks like another long long season.

The second goal looked like a clear push from Nouble, so no surprise it was ruled out

I thought St Johnstone looked good for the first 15 and the idea of a big switch isn’t the worst given Montano and Kelly sometimes struggle to cover the space defensively. After that we took control and should have probably killed the game off

Appreciate its a small sample size, but St Johnstone in the second half looked a mess tactics wise. Is Max K actually a deep lying playmaker or was he just bored of watching the rest of them? 

Clancy was Clancy, no real impact on the game but a number of odd fouls for both. The Obileye handball and decision to chat to players in the last minute before blowing up immediately for full time was just odd