Livingston v St Johnstone 15/10/22

I got the date right first time this time.

Took my dog to the vet hospital in Livingston this morning. Back to pick him up tomorrow. Practice journeys.

The Saints to go and try to match Livi physically, suffer 5 injuries, survive an attacking onslaught and score a winner in the 95th minute after Livi’s 92nd minute equaliser.

Edited by andrewh

This is a big game for us, lose this and we go to Ibrox on the back of a run of 3 defeats, and then have Celtic at home afterwards. I've been trying to decide if Martindale's "it's not working" comment after the County game was just generally referring to the front 3 not having a natural goalscorer; or if he was referring more to how we set up. Performance was fine and we created enough chances to win a few games so the latter only really becomes believable when you consider that he's spoke about wanting Nouble and Anderson as a front 2, and he might like to test out a back 3 before our OF double header (now with VAR).

I like the 4-3-3, I just think we need Anderson or at the very least having Pittman up close to the striker. Don't think Fitzwater was even on the bench for the reserves which hopefully means he's fine for Saturday rather than not ready yet, not sure I'd fancy Kelly again at CB but no idea how fit/ready Boyes or even Cancar are.

George

Devlin  -  Obileye  -  Fitzwater  -  Montano

Holt  -  Pittman  -  Se.Kelly

Nouble  -  Anderson  -  Moyo

If possible for me, obviously if Fitzwater and/or Anderson aren't ready for a start you're probably looking at Kelly dropping back in there and probably Shinnie or Stephen Kelly in midfield, and Guthrie in for Anderson.

Purely for boredom's sake this is how I'd go for a back 3 if they're all available

George

Fitzwater  -  Obileye  -  Boyes

Devlin  - Omeonga  -  Holt  -  Montano

Pittman

Nouble  -  Anderson

Our inability to put the ball in the net after God knows how many glaring chances in our last two games is excruciating to say in the least.Saints are decent and capable of getting a result here.I darent call this,but if Anderson is on from the start which for some unknown reason I sincerely doubt weve a chance of turning our fortunes in front of goal.If not I suspect its gonna be a long day for us.Mon the Lions. 🦁🤞.

Play like we did on Saturday comfortable win. 

play like last Wednesday and it’s a drubbing. 

last season swung on a game v livi at this stage. I’d appreciate if it didn’t go down that route this time.

14 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I'm looking forward to this game...not for the football though....my daughter is the mascot this weekend so it's a bit different

My eldest son was a mascot for the Newcastle friendly (2001?) during Barcelos' (sp) short term as manager.

It was a fantastic day; the club did up proud. Enjoy it; its a day she (and you) will never forget.

My eldest son was a mascot for the Newcastle friendly (2001?) during Barcelos' (sp) short term as manager.
It was a fantastic day; the club did up proud. Enjoy it; its a day she (and you) will never forget.

We played Newcastle in a friendly in 2003...that was my first Livi game. I'm slightly worried about this weekend as I've not heard anything from the club yet in regards to times etc

28 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
32 minutes ago, Durnford said:

We played Newcastle in a friendly in 2003...that was my first Livi game. I'm slightly worried about this weekend as I've not heard anything from the club yet in regards to times etc

Chase them up. 

Its probably different to when we did it but We arrived at the stadium 2 - 3 hours before kick off. Some refreshments in the board room; tour of the stadium including sitting in the home dugout. Then meet the players and autograph opportunity. Then up to the Ferranti suite before warming up with the team.

We also managed to get a few extra complimentary seats for other family members but that was when Dee Robertson was involved.

Might have been trimmed down now; the price doesn't seem to have changed much in 20 years.

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

Play like we did on Saturday comfortable win. 

play like last Wednesday and it’s a drubbing. 

last season swung on a game v livi at this stage. I’d appreciate if it didn’t go down that route this time.

Every year I question why a ninety year old Stevie May, and his Zimmer frame, still managed to into the saints team.

Every year he pulls out all the stops against us.

The world is all wrong!

14 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Every year I question why a ninety year old Stevie May, and his Zimmer frame, still managed to into the saints team.

The world is all wrong!

Wait until you see the reenergised and revitalised Stevie May. Having a strike partner has transformed him. (Or watch CD play one up front and ruin everything)

50 minutes ago, Durnford said:

The world is all wrong!

Stevie May isn't even 30, so I don't understand this comment at all?

15 minutes ago, Widge said:

Stevie May isn't even 30, so I don't understand this comment at all?

Presume it's in reference to how long he seems to have been about, especially since he was an absolute nightmare to play against while at Accies (10 years ago!) so he never really seems like a "youth player" in that sense.