St Mirren v Kilmarnock 15/10/2022

2 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Yeah it was common parlance in Ayrshire when I was at school. I'd always thought it had stemmed from the age of coal mining.

Actually I remember being on holiday in the USA in the 90s and standing next to my pal in the gents when he spat and missed the urinal. "Ya black b...." came out of my mouth before I realised where I was. Fortunately nobody overheard/understood but I realised that such terminology is no longer acceptable. I certainly wouldn't want my kids using it, or sing it in a song about Ayr United fans.

Last season would've been the first in almost 30 that you were in the same division - I'm surprised they're still on your radar.

Now that we live in the age of the interweb it's easier to build up rivalries with teams from slightly further afield - I'd say over the last 10-15 years we've spent more time dissing the Fakes, Livie (sic) and Falkirk than Morton.

Oh, and did I mention that we had more fans at Fir Park for the 77 cup tie than people who have ever lived in Motherwell? @Captain Saintsible

Edited by btb

Right Kilmarnock fans, we all know the "Hello. Hello" is a tribute to your big brothers in Govan seeing as Ayrshire is a bastion of hunnery, and we get that.
But surely you've got to drop the "black b*****ds" chant. It doesn't sound nice and those who utter it should have a word with themselves.
In the interests of balance, Ayr fans also sing their version about Killie using the same terms.

11 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Right Kilmarnock fans, we all know the "Hello. Hello" is a tribute to your big brothers in Govan seeing as Ayrshire is a bastion of hunnery, and we get that.

But surely you've got to drop the "black b*****ds" chant. It doesn't sound nice and those who utter it should have a word with themselves.

795745714_giphy-downsized-large(1).gif.49eaf0213449f7f4bc9701c00b0fb820.gif