St Mirren v Kilmarnock 15/10/2022

Plenty of effort from both teams, and a better second half than first. Carson saving the best two chances in the game means that was a decent point for us in the end. I didn’t think we were awful, or played particularly badly - what let us down were poor decisions when we could, and should, have had as clear cut chances as Killie’s. Poor attempts at the through ball, poorly executed free kicks from great positions. Good effort from Main again, his flying header was a great attempt. He also tracked back like a man possessed when required. Really pleased with what he’s offering to the team. He just looks fitter than he’s ever been in a Saints shirt. 

Great away support too. Killie boys are a good bunch. Always welcome at our wee midden.

55 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Killie had the better chances so will be disappointed  thank Carson man of the match.  Great support from Killie also. If we can play shite and get a draw then I'm happy with that. Ref was  joke.  

For a wee town Killie do have a great following. Thanks for your comment.

50 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Plenty of effort from both teams, and a better second half than first. Carson saving the best two chances in the game means that was a decent point for us in the end. I didn’t think we were awful, or played particularly badly - what let us down were poor decisions when we could, and should, have had as clear cut chances as Killie’s. Poor attempts at the through ball, poorly executed free kicks from great positions. Good effort from Main again, his flying header was a great attempt. He also tracked back like a man possessed when required. Really pleased with what he’s offering to the team. He just looks fitter than he’s ever been in a Saints shirt. 

Great away support too. Killie boys are a good bunch. Always welcome at our wee midden.

Spot on about Main. He is giving his all for the team. Vastly improved under Robbo

Our midfield were stinking for the most part. Baccus came into things a bit more in the final 20 minutes, but that was his worst performance to date.

Tanser really struggled to deal with the Alebiosu and Armstrong combination down Killie’s right. Alebiosu looked particularly good going forward in the first half.

Ayunga looked an absolute mile off the pace. He had no first touch whatsoever and I was surprised he lasted as long as he did.

It was a very poor game overall, but I think Killie were the better of two very average teams on the day.

2 hours ago, Paxo said:

Surprised by the absence of that appalling bore Bendo or whatever he's called to tell us all how St. Mirren are so massively superior to Kilmarnock.

Ah well.

I think you spelled my name wrong.

To be honest, we were poor today, probably the worst performance of the season, and Killie were better than I thought. McInnes has done very well to get what is a poor squad to be organised and performing above their capabilities. 9 points from 11 games is a good return, so well done Killie, hope you can avoid relegation.

23 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Our midfield were stinking for the most part. Baccus came into things a bit more in the final 20 minutes, but that was his worst performance to date.

Tanser really struggled to deal with the Alebiosu and Armstrong combination down Killie’s right. Alebiosu looked particularly good going forward in the first half.

Ayunga looked an absolute mile off the pace. He had no first touch whatsoever and I was surprised he lasted as long as he did.

It was a very poor game overall, but I think Killie were the better of two very average teams on the day.

Yeah, to be fair, Tanser was dealing with it himself most of the time. The plan seemed to be to let Alebiosu do what he wanted, but to get on top of Armstrong and to be fair it actually kind of worked because for all they looked a bit dangerous, especially in the first half right in front of the West Bank, they actually created pretty much nothing.

The ref really killed the game today, so much he gave was so soft, but he was also absolutely shit scared of giving any big decisions. St Mirren almost certainly should have had a penalty late in the game going by the ref's decision making all over the rest of the pitch but there was absolutely no chance he was doing that. He also gave two non fouls (maybe more, this is just the ones that happened in front of me) at corners to the defending team, one to Saints and one to Killie that he clearly just gave because he'd fucked up the initial call. I fucking hate that, it's such an utterly shitebag move.

18 minutes ago, GAD said:

Yeah, to be fair, Tanser was dealing with it himself most of the time. The plan seemed to be to let Alebiosu do what he wanted, but to get on top of Armstrong and to be fair it actually kind of worked because for all they looked a bit dangerous, especially in the first half right in front of the West Bank, they actually created pretty much nothing.

The ref really killed the game today, so much he gave was so soft, but he was also absolutely shit scared of giving any big decisions. St Mirren almost certainly should have had a penalty late in the game going by the ref's decision making all over the rest of the pitch but there was absolutely no chance he was doing that. He also gave two non fouls (maybe more, this is just the ones that happened in front of me) at corners to the defending team, one to Saints and one to Killie that he clearly just gave because he'd fucked up the initial call. I fucking hate that, it's such an utterly shitebag move.

The ref was really poor, didnt really have any critical decisions to make but got lots of decisions wrong in the middle of the park. To be fair, for a new ref at this level he wasnt card happy and did seem to be trying to engage with players, its just his decison making that was poor.

At least he never got injured or we'd have had Collum on, who'd have given a penalty for something no-one else saw just to make it about him.

4 hours ago, Paxo said:

Surprised by the absence of that appalling bore Bendo or whatever he's called to tell us all how St. Mirren are so massively superior to Kilmarnock.

Ah well.

Perhaps his mum sent him to his bed early for chewing his crayons.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

The ref was really poor, didnt really have any critical decisions to make but got lots of decisions wrong in the middle of the park. To be fair, for a new ref at this level he wasnt card happy and did seem to be trying to engage with players, its just his decison making that was poor.

At least he never got injured or we'd have had Collum on, who'd have given a penalty for something no-one else saw just to make it about him.

Yeah, but the reason he wasn't card happy was because most of the stuff he was giving wasn't even a foul, let alone a card. The ref must have given 30+ free kicks in that game, at least 15 more than there should have been.

15 minutes ago, GAD said:

Yeah, but the reason he wasn't card happy was because most of the stuff he was giving wasn't even a foul, let alone a card. The ref must have given 30+ free kicks in that game, at least 15 more than there should have been.

A St Mirren player goes down with a head knock. He allows play to go on. He still allows play to go on. We work a shooting position, and the chunt blows it dead, points back to the Saints player on the turf and indicates ‘it’s a head injury’. Fcuking useless. If he knew it was a head knock, or suspected it was a head knock, why didn’t he blow his whistle immediately? Absolute walloper.

Right Kilmarnock fans, we all know the "Hello. Hello" is a tribute to your big brothers in Govan seeing as Ayrshire is a bastion of hunnery, and we get that.

But surely you've got to drop the "black b*****ds" chant. It doesn't sound nice and those who utter it should have a word with themselves.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Right Kilmarnock fans, we all know the "Hello. Hello" is a tribute to your big brothers in Govan seeing as Ayrshire is a bastion of hunnery, and we get that.

But surely you've got to drop the "black b*****ds" chant. It doesn't sound nice and those who utter it should have a word with themselves.

100% agreed. ETA 90% agreed. The “big brothers in Govan’ bit is obvious fishing nonsense but agreed about the chant. 

Edited by Fide

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

When I was a kid, the connotations of being called or calling someone a 'black b*****d' wasn't to do with race, it was purely relating to how dirty/smelly someone was. To be 'black' equated to unwashed, hence blackened with dirt. A 'black neck' so to speak.

We had several families on our street who were classed as manky, clatty, or black. 

Thankfully though, with the changing of times and prevalence of more cultures in the country, this language has almost completely died a death. There is no place for it anymore, even if the intention of the wording is innocent in that it's non-racially motivated, it's far better to steer well clear. It should be dropped completely. 

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

When I was a kid, the connotations of being called or calling someone a 'black b*****d' wasn't to do with race, it was purely relating to how dirty/smelly someone was. To be 'black' equated to unwashed, hence blackened with dirt. A 'black neck' so to speak.

We had several families on our street who were classed as manky, clatty, or black. 

Thankfully though, with the changing of times and prevalence of more cultures in the country, this language has almost completely died a death. There is no place for it anymore, even if the intention of the wording is innocent in that it's non-racially motivated, it's far better to steer well clear. It should be dropped completely. 

The discussion around those lyrics has been had many times on Killie forums. Most of the people who still sing those words use the excuse about it not being racist as described above. However, not everyone grew up knowing the term was used to describe dirty people. More and more Killie fans are changing the word black when they sing it, but not enough and not fast enough. It’s only a matter of time before a fine comes the clubs way, when changing one word changes everything. 

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah it was common parlance in Ayrshire when I was at school. I'd always thought it had stemmed from the age of coal mining.

Actually I remember being on holiday in the USA in the 90s and standing next to my pal in the gents when he spat and missed the urinal. "Ya black b...." came out of my mouth before I realised where I was. Fortunately nobody overheard/understood but I realised that such terminology is no longer acceptable. I certainly wouldn't want my kids using it, or sing it in a song about Ayr United fans.