St Mirren v Kilmarnock 15/10/2022

17 minutes ago, Fide said:

Not bad from a town with almost 80,000 folk in it. 

Our town is full of Kyle Laffertys unfortunately.

We had the better chances first half, Killie had 2 one on ones which forced Carson into pulling off some seriously solid saves, and the rebound. One of they ones we were waiting on the away end erupting.

We weren't great today but still could have won it. 

Killies no25 and Baccus were the best on the park, although Gallagher strolled it again. Seriously classy player.

Shouldn't have finished 0-0

Poor performance today, Killie had the best two or three chances of the game so Carson deserves the credit for that point. Thought Main was excellent and it was a shame that we didn’t create any good chances for him, the ball didn’t stick at all after he went off. Think it’s time to get Shaughnessy back in for Dunne, he’s been flappy again for the last three games although Gallagher did a good job of clearing up today.

Edited by Gareth_Glasgow

Dreadful game, made even more dreadful by the referee. Carson easily our best performer, Killie are in for a long season if they continue with finishing like today. Even at that it took Saints mistakes for them to create anything of note. Saints just didn’t really turn up today. 

I’m a big fan of Erhahon but he had a very poor game today, he looked scared of Power any time he came near him. O’Hara was also as poor. 

6 minutes ago, NathanDrake88 said:

Probably the poorest I’ve seen us this year and by all accounts the best of Killie. Decent point I suppose 

That was hemispheres from our best. We couldn’t finish a bag of crisps, but that performance was nowhere near what the team is capable of. 

Poor performance from us and we were not at the races. Better chances in a terrible first half but how Killie never scored the two clear chances second half I'll never know. Suppose if you play crap, keep a clean sheet and get a point it's all good. 

Killie seemed to give up when they subbed on Doidge and shut up shop at 80 mins which was strange. 

Ref was a walloper of a referee who seemed to ignore clear shoves and give really minor things. 

That was eye watering stuff today. Easily our worst performance to date. The players should be embarrassed by that display. 
If we play like that against a decent side then I’d be expecting to lose.

As for the match official, his performance made a shite game even more unbearable.

Not the best game but at least we are starting to look competitive now and I felt we were the better team slightly, only really based on chances.

Should’ve scored both of our good chances but Carson did make two really good saves with his right foot. St Mirren did have a good chance with a (I think) Main header when he got in behind Stokes towards the end of the first half, I was right in line with it and it didn’t go far past the post.

I was in early so didn’t suffer in the queue but St Mirren need to sort out their entry system. Even for me I found it took a couple of attempts to scan my QR code so I’m guessing that was what caused the delay. I’m sure if you go ever week you get used to it and get in with no problems but when over a thousand people all turn up to use it for the first time in a while, and you’ve only got 2 or 3 turnstiles open, it’s not great. A lot of the guys around me who came in after kick off were raging.

38 minutes ago, Fide said:

That was hemispheres from our best. We couldn’t finish a bag of crisps, but that performance was nowhere near what the team is capable of. 

Lies. McInnes said it himself. It’s fine, you got a point on the road against a better team. Just enjoy it and have a nice night 

6 minutes ago, NathanDrake88 said:

Lies. McInnes said it himself. It’s fine, you got a point on the road against a better team. Just enjoy it and have a nice night 

Yeah, we played out our skins, had to really raise our game to sneak a point against the absolute giants of Paisley. Those 11 players should take a fucking bow tonight, cant believe we did it, result of the season.

2 hours ago, Torfason said:

Gogic is very lucky to still be on the park, I think VAR would have seen him sent off.

Would need to see it again but thought at the time it could have been a red on another day.

Decent game for a 0-0. Carson our MOTM. Dunne went to pieces right from kick-off in the second half.

Killie with better clear cut chances but both teams could have played all night and not scored. We had too many not at it today. If I was Killie I would be disappointed not to win today. Poor game and poor referree. 

Onwards and upwards to next week