Queens v Peterhead

Thought the reaction of QOS fans before the second goal was interesting. Currie had the ball in our box and was in absolutely no hurry to play the ball anywhere, seemed content to time waste and play out time. The QOS fans were unhappy that was ball was not being played quicker. What happened was that Peterhead were forced up the pitch to make Currie pick up the ball. Once picked up a ball played McKenna (I think), who played it long to Reilly to slid in Todd to score.

The fact Currie hesitated in starting the move maybe caused Peterhead to temporary switch off and allowed QOS to score. The fans didn't like it until the ball hit the back of the net

On 16/10/2022 at 22:22, queenslad said:

Thought the reaction of QOS fans before the second goal was interesting. Currie had the ball in our box and was in absolutely no hurry to play the ball anywhere, seemed content to time waste and play out time. The QOS fans were unhappy that was ball was not being played quicker. What happened was that Peterhead were forced up the pitch to make Currie pick up the ball. Once picked up a ball played McKenna (I think), who played it long to Reilly to slid in Todd to score.

The fact Currie hesitated in starting the move maybe caused Peterhead to temporary switch off and allowed QOS to score. The fans didn't like it until the ball hit the back of the net

The general moaning beside me was because he was being a bit of a knob about it and pretending to pick it up 2/3 times before actually doing so. I just had visions of him going to pick it up and dropping it at the strikers feet. It would be nice to see the goal back as I couldn’t remember who played the through ball out of defence. Was a well worked goal in the end and came at a time I was expecting us to lose one but maybe too early. 

The general moaning beside me was because he was being a bit of a knob about it and pretending to pick it up 2/3 times before actually doing so. I just had visions of him going to pick it up and dropping it at the strikers feet. It would be nice to see the goal back as I couldn’t remember who played the through ball out of defence. Was a well worked goal in the end and came at a time I was expecting us to lose one but maybe too early. 
I thought he was quite right tbh. If the attacker is putting no pressure on him he rightly took his time. He played it out to McKenna as far as I recall.

The only thing that annoyed me about that whole interaction was the fact we easily cut Peterhead from one end of the park to the other in about 4 passes. Yet before and after we were so lethargic. No idea why we didn't attempt to do that more often tbh.

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The only thing that annoyed me about that whole interaction was the fact we easily cut Peterhead from one end of the park to the other in about 4 passes. Yet before and after we were so lethargic. No idea why we didn't attempt to do that more often tbh.

the old hoof the ball up the pitch tactic

18 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I thought he was quite right tbh. If the attacker is putting no pressure on him he rightly took his time. He played it out to McKenna as far as I recall.

I didn’t say I thought he was right/wrong to do it, i just think the general feeling towards him is pretty poor and most people shouting around me were telling him to hurry up and get on with it. I don’t think he meant it but by drawing the striker in it opened up the space behind him for us to move it quickly. 

Edited by Broony88

On 18/10/2022 at 13:14, 19QOS19 said:

I thought he was quite right tbh. If the attacker is putting no pressure on him he rightly took his time.

No, I don't agree. Probably just me I realise, but I was embarrassed to beyond the point of annoyance. The bending down, pretending to pick up the ball, leaving it and then repeat another couple of times.

We were 1-0 up, at home (yes, I know), against the bottom of the table side which hadn't put a decent attack together the whole match. Still half an hour to play and I thought FFS he's playing for time! I know we've had a few poor years but I'm hoping we haven't sink that low.

Funny the things that annoy people. I'm usually quite straight up and down but that did get me. I'm probably getting old and grumpy before my time....

No, I don't agree. Probably just me I realise, but I was embarrassed to beyond the point of annoyance. The bending down, pretending to pick up the ball, leaving it and then repeat another couple of times.
We were 1-0 up, at home (yes, I know), against the bottom of the table side which hadn't put a decent attack together the whole match. Still half an hour to play and I thought FFS he's playing for time! I know we've had a few poor years but I'm hoping we haven't sink that low.
Funny the things that annoy people. I'm usually quite straight up and down but that did get me. I'm probably getting old and grumpy before my time....
If he has the ball at his feet with no one near him and we have a lead then I'm all for it. It's not time wasting if the attacker can't even be bothered to make him pick it up. I'd be fizzing if we were getting beat or even drawing but game management with a lead is fine by me.

On the flipside, if he had instantly booted the ball up the park* I'm sure it would have pleased some of our supporters. Again, it's funny how folk see games differently.

* To of course be headed clear by a CB.