Queens v Peterhead

Josh Todd ... more like it.  Keep the foot on the gas now Queens.
Wouldn't know he was here if he hadn't scored. Hopefully don't blow it from here. But Peterhead came back from 2 down against Pars so they're definitely capable doing it against us.

2-0 ... I'll take that.  Onto the Clyde game now - must take another 3 points there.  That's 4 points from 6 in the second quarter (Kelty was a Q1 fixture) so still have the chance to post a strong Q2.  Trying to stay positive here ...

35 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
36 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:
Josh Todd ... more like it.  Keep the foot on the gas now Queens.

Wouldn't know he was here if he hadn't scored. Hopefully don't blow it from here. But Peterhead came back from 2 down against Pars so they're definitely capable doing it against us.

That’s a bit harsh Daniel son……

3 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

2-0 ... I'll take that.  Onto the Clyde game now - must take another 3 points there.  That's 4 points from 6 in the second quarter (Kelty was a Q1 fixture) so still have the chance to post a strong Q2.  Trying to stay positive here ...

If you've played 9 games that's a quarter by my reckoning, doesn't matter if you've played the same team twice, or is this a whoosh. 

Anyway two rank teams today, a win's a win but far from impressive. Thought Queens players forgot they were in black today with the number of loose passes they played. Finished strong enough but with Queens a two goal cushion isn't always enough. Expect Clyde to be a harder test even if they too are struggling. 

5 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If you've played 9 games that's a quarter by my reckoning, doesn't matter if you've played the same team twice, or is this a whoosh. 

Aye, probably didn't make myself clear there.  The first quarter of 9 games where we played all of the other teams once, finished mid-week when we played the postponed game up at Kelty.  The second quarter or round of games against all teams started with the game up at Airdrie (game 10) and the second game (game 11) of the second quarter was today at home to Peterhead.  So from that viewpoint, then I'd say that we have 4 pts from a possible 6 pts in Q2.

Alternatively, I could be talking shite as per usual ... 

Queens were fairly comfortable today in the torrential rain. Todd going off injured isn’t great, he was holding his hammy as soon as he pulled up so hopefully nothing too bad. 
Gibson looked sharp when he came on and should have had a penalty, for the shirt pull when he was looking to get his shot away. 

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Queens were fairly comfortable today in the torrential rain. Todd going off injured isn’t great, he was holding his hammy as soon as he pulled up so hopefully nothing too bad. 
Gibson looked sharp when he came on and should have had a penalty, for the shirt pull when he was looking to get his shot away. 

Comfortable win untill the 2nd goal I was worried it had a ending like the Alloa game.

After the 2nd goal it should have been more but most important was the win.

We at times over pass it we need quick passing like the 2nd goal .

Downside of the game was the injury to Todd he will be a big miss did not look good him pulling up. 

Have never been to Palmerston & despite giving it my best shot still have not made it. Tried going via Edinburgh but with the M90 shut was barely moving from the bridge until i gave up after near 2hr and still no sign of the by-pass.. Still nose to tail with about 70 miles to run so no chance. Headed back up the road & went to Kelty v Clyde still think Clyde will be the team for us to aim for. Not a good day first away game i have missed for 7 or 8 years. Came home to find a parking ticket for 3 hrs in McDonalds car park across from Meadowbank the other week so be aware some of these can be ignored but not sure about this one. I also believe we lost 2-0 today is it never-ending may have to call Miss Truss for advice🙄

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Have never been to Palmerston & despite giving it my best shot still have not made it. Tried going via Edinburgh but with the M90 shut was barely moving from the bridge until i gave up after near 2hr and still no sign of the by-pass.. Still nose to tail with about 70 miles to run so no chance. Headed back up the road & went to Kelty v Clyde still think Clyde will be the team for us to aim for. Not a good day first away game i have missed for 7 or 8 years. Came home to find a parking ticket for 3 hrs in McDonalds car park across from Meadowbank the other week so be aware some of these can be ignored but not sure about this one. I also believe we lost 2-0 today is it never-ending may have to call Miss Truss for advice🙄

Shame you missed the game. I guess your traffic problems explain why the Peterhead team bus didnt get to the ground until 2

2 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Shame you missed the game. I guess your traffic problems explain why the Peterhead team bus didnt get to the ground until 2

I met the team bus when filling up with fuel outside Dundee not sure if they went a different way maybe by Glasgow although the bus lane going into Edinburgh would have helped .In the car no option once in the queue, it must have stretched to at least 10 miles. Thought i had given myself plenty time leaving at 9.30 but will try again next time  

2 hours ago, peternapper said:

Commiserations on the terrible day you've had,  few things more frustrating than sitting in a traffic jam as kick-off time ticks ever closer. For future reference there's no really good road from Edinburgh to Dumfries unless you enjoy a bit of scenery and don't mind getting stuck behind lorries, caravans, tractors and trailers, via Glasgow is the way to go imo. As for getting advice from Miss Truss, she'll tell you one thing then completely change her mind shortly after. Hope you have better luck travelling if you're heading down later in the season. 

3 hours ago, peternapper said:

Were there other problems on the main Glasgow road you were avoiding? I'm not sure why you'd deliberately be anywhere near Edinburgh on the road between Dumfries and the North East.  From Perth A9 to Stirling and down the M73 & M74 to Moffat.

Sorry you missed the game, very frustrating when its traffic issues. I lost a run of about 200 straight games 15 years or so back when really bad timing meant I was stuck in a nose to tail three lane queue on the M74 on the way to Dundee. A really bad accident (fatal sadly) closed the road and we'd just passed an exit. Took the police a couple of hours to get traffic turned and back off, by which time it was half an hour to kick off and I was still 120 miles away. Still, we turned round and went home, somebody didnt. 😪

Hope you make it down next time.

11 hours ago, peternapper said:

I met the team bus when filling up with fuel outside Dundee not sure if they went a different way maybe by Glasgow although the bus lane going into Edinburgh would have helped.

Nobody driving from Dundee to Dumfries would choose to go anywhere near Edinburgh, unless they needed to be in the capital for some reason.

12 hours ago, peternapper said:

Have never been to Palmerston & despite giving it my best shot still have not made it. Tried going via Edinburgh but with the M90 shut was barely moving from the bridge until i gave up after near 2hr and still no sign of the by-pass.. Still nose to tail with about 70 miles to run so no chance ... Not a good day first away game i have missed for 7 or 8 years ...

That's really hard lines @peternapper and especially breaking that great run of away games.  I guess many of us have had a few aborted journeys over the years and missed games (I sure have), doesn't make it any easier though.

Hindsight is a great thing, but did you think of leaving the M90 at Kinross to go for the Kincardine Bridge and the M80/M74 (if the radio was warning you of problems at the Queensferry crossing)?  Incidentally, I heard that the Raith Rovers team bus had been delayed at the east end of the M8 and so the start of their game in Greenock had to be delayed - might have been the same problem?

I worked up at Peterhead in the early 80s and a lot of the time I'd drive via Edinburgh and the M90 taking the (scenic) Moffat/Broughton/Penicuik road, but granted I knew the road really well and it was usually a Sunday night when I was travelling it so the road was quiet - but it made a pleasant change from the monotony of grinding up the motorways (or the miserable A74 dual carriageway as it was back then) via Glasgow.

Just hope that the folk caught up in the accident on the M8 were OK and not seriously hurt, that's the main thing.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Nobody driving from Dundee to Dumfries would choose to go anywhere near Edinburgh, unless they needed to be in the capital for some reason.

Ooops ... that's me telt!

Aye, I should indeed!

FWIW I disagree with you though - I drove from Dumfries to Peterhead for work for two years and I tried every combination of routes, I can still remember that my best run was 252 miles door to door and I'm sure that was via the Beef Tub road and Edinburgh.  To be fair there were far fewer stretches of dual carriageways and motorways back then.  You also have to factor in the sheer boredom of hammering down the main routes time after time.  I do like the road less travelled - eg instead of coming off the M74 at Moffat when heading to Dumfries I'll often slip off at Elvanfoot and go via the Dalveen Pass - a much more pleasant drive.  Each to their own.