The Mo Vs The Bairns

Guest Back Post Misses

Looking at the passing stats doing the rounds these are even more Hoofball than Dunfermline. I am shocked that was possible. 
Two CH’s will have to be on it and we need to be picking us 2nd balls. 

1 minute ago, BountyBairn said:

How’s the first half been? Trying to watch online but FTV issues with my account and still not sorted…..SSN  for me it seems 😒 

We have been pretty poor tbh. In every department. Great strike for the goal though. We look like we can’t be arsed, and playing as if it’s a friendly - IMO. Burrell with a pass to Montrose for the goal, which was well taken. 

Some goal from McGuffie but we’ve been absolutely ganting in that first half. 1 each absolutely flatters us. It’s like the Kelty game all over again where we just can’t get going at all.

Their goal came from some awful play from Burrell giving the ball away very easily in our half and McKinnon just ran through unchallenged and good finish into the bottom corner. For us McGuffie got the ball about 30 yards out loves forward with it and placed one right into the near top corner.

As far as performances Leon McCann aside I’d give nobody else pass marks so far. Hogarth gives me the absolute fear in goals he’s sclaffed every kick so far and his dealing with cross balls and long throws has been appalling including once letting the ball bounce right in front of him in the box almost letting McAllister in. Yeats is having an absolute stinker at right back he can’t cope with Gardyne who’s got him on toast here and took him about 15 minutes to complete a pass. Nesbitt and Oliver have been completely anonymous in the middle, Burrell has been rotten up top his movement has been nowhere near good enough and fantastic goal apart McGuffie had a terrible half.

Pixelot is absolutely gash. Completely missed the Mo goal. It doesn't compensate for light and shade, which is bad but completely failing to track the action, while leaving you nauseous from all the bizarre camera movement is definitely worse. I thought Pixelot would get better with time as it was refined but this certainly doesn't seem to be the case.

Re. the match itself, Falkirk have come into it more as the half went on. Hopefully the Mo can rediscover their mojo from earlier in the half, get back on top and stay there.

McGlynns subs there were boggin. Hetherington for Oliver is bizarre and Burrell, while not having his best game, offered a presence up front that we didn’t have when he went off . Still looked like we could nick it though, but pretty poor performance all round.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

The Alegria sending off cost us today with a striker option as expected and Morrison showing why he's not a striker.

Nesbitt's set piece play woeful today also. It's a good point tho especially after our first half display.

The league is a long distance run tho and not a sprint.