The Mo Vs The Bairns

Wasn't at the Peterhead game but would probably go for the same 11 as the last couple of weeks, though Kennedy has been making an impact from the bench so would give him a start over McGuffie. A shame Alegria is needlessly suspended but hopefully Burrell can keep building on his very promising start

Hogarth

Yeats Donaldson Henderson McCann

McGinn

Morrison Nesbitt Oliver Kennedy 

Burrell

Definitely the most confident I've been going in to a game at Montrose since we were relegated. Play as we have been over the last few games and I reckon we'll have enough to get the 3 points

Wasn't the same playing Montrose without a Cammy ballantyne earlier in the season. Now they've got one back . Good for montrose but I'm not really sure what it does for him or st Johnstone going on loan to Montrose every season at the age of 25. You'd think a crack at a higher level would be of more use if he wants to finally break into the st Johnstone first team any time soon. Always a tricky game but we're playing well and Montrose have huffed and puffed a bit of late so I'd be very disappointed if we came away with nothing.

28 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Wasn't the same playing Montrose without a Cammy ballantyne earlier in the season. Now they've got one back . Good for montrose but I'm not really sure what it does for him or st Johnstone going on loan to Montrose every season at the age of 25. You'd think a crack at a higher level would be of more use if he wants to finally break into the st Johnstone first team any time soon. Always a tricky game but we're playing well and Montrose have huffed and puffed a bit of late so I'd be very disappointed if we came away with nothing.

That Ballantyne's actually only 22 but I don't think it really changes the point. The players as much to blame as the club to be honest, he should be looking to prove himself at a higher level rather than going to be the best player at Montrose year after year.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

That Ballantyne's actually only 22 but I don't think it really changes the point. The players as much to blame as the club to be honest, he should be looking to prove himself at a higher level rather than going to be the best player at Montrose year after year.

Aye my bad it's the other one that's 25. Some sites have them mixed up. Even at 22 you'd have expected him to have broken into st Johnstone's first team by now and if not should be getting a loan deal at a higher level to challenge himself more as you say.

28 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Aye my bad it's the other one that's 25. Some sites have them mixed up. Even at 22 you'd have expected him to have broken into st Johnstone's first team by now and if not should be getting a loan deal at a higher level to challenge himself more as you say.

He was on the bench for European games last season and domestic games at start of season but rarely got a game.  Surprised other teams in Championship, specifically Arbroath have never shown interest.  Can't really blame the player if other teams don't come in for him

40 minutes ago, broomiesniper said:

He was on the bench for European games last season and domestic games at start of season but rarely got a game.  Surprised other teams in Championship, specifically Arbroath have never shown interest.  Can't really blame the player if other teams don't come in for him

How do we know other teams haven't come in for him?  There doesn't seem to be much advertising of his availability for loan either. One min it's he's wanting to fight for his place in Perth and the next he's back at Montrose.

Good to see our injury list is getting shorter. A really strong bench last week paid dividends when they came on in the second half. Both teams in good form at present so can see a very tight game.

I'll go for a hard fought 2-1 home win with CJ scoring a late winner 

17 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

How do we know other teams haven't come in for him?  There doesn't seem to be much advertising of his availability for loan either. One min it's he's wanting to fight for his place in Perth and the next he's back at Montrose.

maybe they did and they were below league 1 standard, who knows.  You would have thought that if someone at a higher than league 1 level had come in that he'd have gone for it to progress his career.

Anyway, he'd be as well just signing for us now!  He could well reach 100 appearances for us this season, have many other players reached that milestone whilst never being a fully signed player?

51 minutes ago, broomiesniper said:

maybe they did and they were below league 1 standard, who knows.  You would have thought that if someone at a higher than league 1 level had come in that he'd have gone for it to progress his career.

Anyway, he'd be as well just signing for us now!  He could well reach 100 appearances for us this season, have many other players reached that milestone whilst never being a fully signed player?

You expecting a lot of cup replays then?