Queens Park v Arbroath

First and foremost the officials were honking. Linesman missed the worlds clearest handball from Arbroath on the side where QP fans are and Queen's had a couple dubious decisions go our way. O'Brien should not have ended the match on the park and it looked a stonewall penalty to me also. Par for the course for Beaton however, that clown will get absolutely riddied by VAR. 

Nonetheless, it does feel like 2 points lost. Thought our formation change was a positive and  our midfield wasnt as bypassed as much as recently. Feel for Bannon, i thought he had a good game otherwise and it's that naivety he'll learn from in time. 

You say Johnny Kenny, i say Conor McBride 2.0.

4 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

You say Johnny Kenny, i say Conor McBride 2.0.

I’m trying hard to not fully rule him out but he was utterly dreadful when he came on. Didn’t look interested and his touch was all over the place 

Don’t even think we should of subbed Murray in the first place tbh 

15 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I’m trying hard to not fully rule him out but he was utterly dreadful when he came on. Didn’t look interested and his touch was all over the place 

Don’t even think we should of subbed Murray in the first place tbh 

I'm much the same. Really begging for him to be half decent. His touch is miles off it, gets shoved off the ball way too easy and is uninvolved with our best play when he's on the park. If Murray stays on the park we have a better chance of winning imo

If it weren't for the fact we have passed up three successive opportunities to go top I'd consider it a well won point. Not sure we merited a win, and Arbroath didn't deserve to lose.

Bar the mistake, I thought we defended well, and Eze was a lot more effective. I agree that Bannon should start again next week.

Boateng is outstanding. I don't think we can keep him at our level, but worth trying.

By the time everyone catches up with our games played, we could be sitting 5th, 6th or 7th, and I'm fine with that. I'm quite enjoying the Championship. Joint top after all!

10 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

If it weren't for the fact we have passed up three successive opportunities to go top I'd consider it a well won point. Not sure we merited a win, and Arbroath didn't deserve to lose.

Bar the mistake, I thought we defended well, and Eze was a lot more effective. I agree that Bannon should start again next week.

I think it helped that you had two absolute giants man marking all 5 feet of Dale Hilson!

A decent, but naive side against a decent streetwise side. I think a streetwise side buries that game at 1-0. Disgusting save from Gaston to stop us going 2-0 up, right enough.

Doesn’t seem to matter what combination of defenders we have. We’ll always sell a goal. Young Bannon at fault this time, but he’s a kid and these things happen. He certainly looks like he can play at this level. In terms of a response to Ayr, I’m pleased with how we fared. A game we good have won, though.

We’re maybe lacking a bit of quality further up the pitch (i’d take si murray in a heartbeat) but there’s no doubting our spirit and fight, good battling performance to earn a point.
Officials were shocking for both sides and bottled every single big decision.

Gastons save. Wow. Every bit as good as a goal. If we had gone 2.0 down we were done. 🙌

Hilsons work rate was Incredible tonight. Good to see TOB and Ricky back together again.

A well earned point . I think we are slowly turning the corner.  Still got Mckenna, Stewart and Scott Alan to come.

1 hour ago, ellichtie said:

That lino on the far side was at it the night, absolute joke. Still a decent performance though, definitely looked more up for it. Could have gone either way imo was a competitive game.

Edited by Hayshead2

Thought we played pretty well and could’ve won it, also could’ve lost it so maybe a draw is fair. QP are a decent side like especially going forward there’s a lot of pace there and f**k me if we had Si Murray we’d be nowhere near the bottom. Thought the 27 was really good always seemed to worry when he got on it. Dom Thomas very disappointing again I’m really unsure on him.

We played quite well and popped it about a bit and put some good moves together. The difference in the physicality of us between last year and this is incredible but I do feel so much better with O’Brien back in, Hamilton at left back and Bitsindou giving us a presence in central midfield. Hilson and Linn worked away well upfront, was strange seeing Bobby through the middle. 

Oakley Little ToB Hamilton

Bitsindou - holding in diamond

Jacobs - right of diamond 

Tait - left of diamond 

Gold - top of diamond 

Hilson upfront and Bobby kind of in a free role 

Was frustrated with Bobby coming off when we are trying to win the game the man is our main and near enough only goal threat I do not get it. Just keep him on the last 20 is it really that big a deal? Felt like Isiaka done ok but hard to tell from other end of pitch. 

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Dom Thomas very disappointing again I’m really unsure on him.

You think? I thought he was excellent last night and was one of our better players. Constantly involved in our attacks and set up the opening goal and nearly got a second assist with a lovely ball to Murray which Gaston provided an unbelievable save. He’s been terrific for us this season overall 

Arbroath certainly looked a lot better than the fixture in august. There just seemed to be a lot more fight about youse this time but whether the quality up top is there to get you away from the bottom 2 I’m unsure still. Linn looked decent and Gaston was brilliant. The huge guy in midfield looked all over the place though 

56 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Well put together and very fair highlights!  I cant mind the game, but a couple of weeks ago, a club put out some highlights for one of our away games, and they were laughably partisan and one sided.  These were really good and fair.

Thank you. Win, lose or draw the highlights really should be a fair reflection of the game. I’ve never understood clubs putting out highlights heavily weighted to their own chances etc. 

20 minutes ago, qpfc said:

You think? I thought he was excellent last night and was one of our better players. Constantly involved in our attacks and set up the opening goal and nearly got a second assist with a lovely ball to Murray which Gaston provided an unbelievable save. He’s been terrific for us this season overall 

Arbroath certainly looked a lot better than the fixture in august. There just seemed to be a lot more fight about youse this time but whether the quality up top is there to get you away from the bottom 2 I’m unsure still. Linn looked decent and Gaston was brilliant. The huge guy in midfield looked all over the place though 

Maybe I’m getting DT mixed up with someone else it was hard to tell. Everything just seemed to be going through the 27 I didn’t actually realise it was him who scored until I watched the highlights there

We have been much better in recent weeks Cove aside and have actually been enjoyable to watch in spells but the lack of a striker with a presence who can score a goal is obviously a big problem, Hilson was decent again last night and his work rate got us our goal.

Bitsindou man of the match last week and was a bit ropey but having a physical presence in there is very important for us because we have been very lightweight. Also missing Scotty Stewart and Michael McKenna from that team last night who have been our top performers over the years plus Scotty Allan who still isn’t 100 percent fit but is clearly a talented player. 

QP very pacey going forward would love to see an Arbroath team like that

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Well put together and very fair highlights!  I cant mind the game, but a couple of weeks ago, a club put out some highlights for one of our away games, and they were laughably partisan and one sided.  These were really good and fair.

It was the Morton game, bias beyond belief.

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Hard to complain about others being partisan when you hear the state of our commentator