Queens Park v Arbroath

11 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

If I was Thomson or Thomas and I was dropped then I'd definitely have complaints. Both of them were the only guys that turned up last week imo  

They didn’t stink the place out to the extent of some others, but I don’t think anyone’s contribution was worthy of praise. Certainly not for the 59 minutes of it that I endured anyway! 😀

1 hour ago, an86 said:

They didn’t stink the place out to the extent of some others, but I don’t think anyone’s contribution was worthy of praise. Certainly not for the 59 minutes of it that I endured anyway! 😀

Ah but every one of the 11 was amazing in the last half hour of the match.😜

6 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Anyhoos Lichties,  picking up where we left off…I see Luke Donnelly has left AFC. What went wrong? Was Dick looking for scapegoats or was Luke just not a good fit?

Fans scapegoat 

Played up top on his own a lot, or out wide on the left and even laterly as a CM.

There is a player there,  LD was thrown into slots that maybe didnt suit his attributes at Arbroath.

Dick thought enough of him to keep him, and offer him a new contract year after year, so done ok, but was by no means a top performer, not given a run of consistent games in any one position, and also was expected to do what someone else mentioned and do the physical job of a target man, which doesnt look to be his game. 

47 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Fans scapegoat 

Played up top on his own a lot, or out wide on the left and even laterly as a CM.

There is a player there,  LD was thrown into slots that maybe didnt suit his attributes at Arbroath.

Dick thought enough of him to keep him, and offer him a new contract year after year, so done ok, but was by no means a top performer, not given a run of consistent games in any one position, and also was expected to do what someone else mentioned and do the physical job of a target man, which doesnt look to be his game. 

At the end of the day he simply wasn't good enough for the championship. He had his chances.

Looking forward to this one after last week and how well we played. Can we follow it up as we didn’t after the good win at Morton. O’Brien and Allan should be back, not sure the situation with Stewart?  Not sure I’d be making any changes to the starting 11

18 hours ago, keptie said:

"As well" is two words champ. Just as well you're not typing out the contracts. xx

I've never claimed to type out the contracts though mr spell checking police.

What you know about your own team and about football in general could be written on the back of a fag packet.

Keep on biting 

On 12/10/2022 at 15:15, an86 said:

Some fan you are walking out on your team with 30 minutes to go. At least the Rangers fans last night waited until 15 mins to go.

4 hours ago, Lichteeeeee said:

I've never claimed to type out the contracts though mr spell checking police.

What you know about your own team and about football in general could be written on the back of a fag packet.

Keep on biting 

Good spelling and grammar....well done  ✔️ 

mr could have had a capital M but we'll let that go....

1 hour ago, DUAFC said:

Good spelling and grammar....well done  ✔️ 

mr could have had a capital M but we'll let that go....

Think you are being a bit lenient letting him off with the small "m" in Mr we know he can do better it's just a lack of concentration.

Schools back next week so hopefully he's paying full attention and cuts out the silly errors.