Dundee FC vs Ayr United - 15/10/2022

11 hours ago, DieDee said:

I agree, though can't agree with the thinking, that others have mentioned, that McGhee Grayson combo was good. Just totally devoid of any creativity, and as for Grayson, the number of times he stood there looking gormlessly as the Ayr player in front of him lined up a cross was baffling, just cut out the fn cross!. We need to be creating far more and these two as a combo are not the answer. At least we went for 451 2nd half, how many times have we said 442 just doesn't work for us, particularly as we only have one striker. 

I didn't think Grayson had a particularly bad game yesterday but for the most part I don't really know what he brings to us. Is it just a steady footballer that can ping off 5 yard passes to the better players? Don't know.

I think Saturday can put to bed the argument for playing two strikers unless its Rudden and Robinson up front together as Sheridan was completely useless. 

I didn't think Grayson had a particularly bad game yesterday but for the most part I don't really know what he brings to us. Is it just a steady footballer that can ping off 5 yard passes to the better players? Don't know.
I think Saturday can put to bed the argument for playing two strikers unless its Rudden and Robinson up front together as Sheridan was completely useless. 
Robinson with Mulligan behind.

Rudden is better coming as a sub when we are leading and need to wind the game down.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Robinson with Mulligan behind.

Rudden is better coming as a sub when we are leading and need to wind the game down.

This would be my shout too. Mulligan isn't the same player when he is put out wide - get him through this middle running at people.

11 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

To be honest, after the evidence of the last few games, anyone who doesn't think Mulligan should play through the middle or that Sheridan should just be allowed to go and live on a farm somewhere and continue his Jedi training, should just give up and support the DABS...

:P

On my way to the toilet just after the first goal I was chased through the concourse by two young stewards, one male, one female who said that CCTV had identified me as vaping in the stand, although after I gave them a "WTF" stare they hastily admitted that it might be a case of mistaken identity. I did explain to them I wouldn't have had the foggiest idea how to vape.

They replied that if I wasn't the guilty party then I should report any spectators near me if I saw them vaping when returning to the stand 🤣

1 hour ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

On my way to the toilet just after the first goal I was chased through the concourse by two young stewards, one male, one female who said that CCTV had identified me as vaping in the stand, although after I gave them a "WTF" stare they hastily admitted that it might be a case of mistaken identity. I did explain to them I wouldn't have had the foggiest idea how to vape.

They replied that if I wasn't the guilty party then I should report any spectators near me if I saw them vaping when returning to the stand 🤣

As a man of a certain age, I would just go ahead and appreciate being chased by a young woman and man. It’s been along time/never since that happened to me.

13 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

I can’t even fathom how to respond to this coming from someone who presumably hails from fucking Ayr. Oh you fucker. Thanks for the 3 points, you diddy.

You're an absolute minter of a boy 🤣 Your old man steering clear of big bad Rangers supporters these days? Weeper fucking dee indeed.

2 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I was asked to stop vaping by the stewards in the Derry, there was nobody round about me so it's not like I was bothering anyone. I sighed and asked if was going to throw me out? He just ignored my vaping after that.

It was the 88th minute and we were getting pumped 5-0 from Ross County.