Dundee FC vs Ayr United - 15/10/2022

50 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Congrats on your huge 3 points 👍

Why so uptight about a harmless name? Why so uptight in general? You guys not enjoying the journey?

It's a very DAB expression, has your big team been found?

I'm very far from being uptight, I don't know where you would get that impression from?

The Promotion, Relegation, Promotion Relegation journey Dundee go on is a yearly excursion we go on, you should try it sometime.

I'm very far from being uptight, I don't know where you would get that impression from?
The Promotion, Relegation, Promotion Relegation journey Dundee go on is a yearly excursion we go on, you should try it sometime.

Was a pretty regular occurrence for us as well not too long ago. Only difference was we got relegated to the seaside leagues. How embarrassing.

14 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

For years we loved a promotion/relegation yoyo, just that it was between the seaside leagues and the championship. Would not recommend, 5/10. 

Eta. D'Jaffo beat me to it

Edited by AuAl

17 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

You found me out, I've a very very good good dab mate. 

Anyway yeah quite familiar with yoyo-ing but so far haven't managed to stiff the tax payer or get the buckets out. 

5 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Which is what you'd expect for a mid table team, which is what we probably ultimately are, and which we'd all take this season after the dung of previous ones.

Tbf, that is pretty much every team in this league. 

Good result and back on track. Scoreline would suggest a closer game than it was because that was pretty comfortable throughout. 

I really can't grumble at all with today except for the fact that Sheridan shouldn't be anywhere near the team again and the only thing keeping Rudden near it is because he is getting goals. Thinking of Sheridan attempting to control or header the ball is giving me PTSD.

I think, myself included, that Mcmullan gets a lot of stick from the fans but alongside Mcgowan he is one of our players that always wants the ball and always tries something. A lot to be said in that - especially as he scored a 30 yard raker today. 

Had reservations, always have done, with Mcghee being played in midfield but credit where credit is due he had a solid performance.

Bar the 10 minute spell including when we scored, we were not at the races yesterday. So blunt in attack, their keeper won’t have to many easier days. They created a barrel load and the score flattered us. Some could point the finger at Albinson due to his failure to keep out Mullen’s long ranger, but in truth he was excellent yesterday and he is the reason that the score line looks respectable.

Extremely disappointing performance after the reverse fixture at Somerset. 

We are alarmingly short of options in the middle of the park. Badly missing Murdy and Smith has been fine but we are noticeably weaker. Bangala hasn’t played enough to judge but either way, we could do with a bit more options in central midfield.

I hope we can improve next week, decent fixture to try and get back on track.

Edited by Calayrdonia

9 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

Bar the 10 minute spell including when we scored, we were not at the races yesterday. So blunt in attack, their keeper won’t have to many easier days. They created a barrel load and the score flattered us. Some could point the finger at Albinson due to his failure to keep out Mullen’s long ranger, but in truth he was excellent yesterday and he is the reason that the score line looks respectable.

Extremely disappointing performance after the reverse fixture at Somerset. 

We are alarmingly short of options in the middle of the park. Badly missing Murdy and Smith has been fine but we are noticeably weaker. Bangala hasn’t played enough to judge but either way, we could do with a bit more options in central midfield.

I hope we can improve next week, decent fixture to try and get back on track.

3 shots on target, 2 goals.  Come on mate.

It was a really disappointing performance yesterday and we didn’t deserve to take anything from the game. I didn’t think Dundee were any better or worse than the game at Somerset we just put in a performance that was miles off the one we produced in the reverse fixture. I’m not wanting to be l overly critical as we are still streets ahead of where we have been in previous seasons. I think Dundee, Thistle and ICT will probably make up the top 3 but 4th is still up for grabs with a few teams feeling they have a chance of grabbing it. 

Onto Cove Rangers at home next week and this is a game we really need to be getting 3 points for if we are wanting to make the playoffs. 

It was a really disappointing performance yesterday and we didn’t deserve to take anything from the game. I didn’t think Dundee were any better or worse than the game at Somerset we just put in a performance that was miles off the one we produced in the reverse fixture. I’m not wanting to be l overly critical as we are still streets ahead of where we have been in previous seasons. I think Dundee, Thistle and ICT will probably make up the top 3 but 4th is still up for grabs with a few teams feeling they have a chance of grabbing it. 

Onto Cove Rangers at home next week and this is a game we really need to be getting 3 points for if we are wanting to make the playoffs. 

I’m not that confident our place is a given but if you guys don’t get too unlucky with injuries I’ll be surprised if you’re not too 4.

22 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Had reservations, always have done, with Mcghee being played in midfield but credit where credit is due he had a solid performance.

I agree, though can't agree with the thinking, that others have mentioned, that McGhee Grayson combo was good. Just totally devoid of any creativity, and as for Grayson, the number of times he stood there looking gormlessly as the Ayr player in front of him lined up a cross was baffling, just cut out the fn cross!. We need to be creating far more and these two as a combo are not the answer. At least we went for 451 2nd half, how many times have we said 442 just doesn't work for us, particularly as we only have one striker.