Dundee FC vs Ayr United - 15/10/2022

Great result against an Ayr side playing with a great deal of confidence.

Thoughts -

1) Gillian is probably finished.
2) Rudden is a fucking awful footballer.
3) Sweeney has a bombscare in him.
4) Ledzgins is a woeful, coward of a keeper. Never leaves his line. I’d have the Ayr lad.
5) Think Ayr’s big guy has been reading his own press. He’s a decent player, no doubt, but dropping deep and attempting to spray it about I don’t think is playing to his strengths.
6) We must start with Robinson up top with Mulligan just off him, centrally.
7) French, Cammy, Marshall, Grayson and in particular McCowan were good today.

Tbf to Dipo he drops off quite regularly and leaves the other striker as the front man. He’s not the best footballer but he is more than capable of picking the ball up and either running with it or getting it wide.

He had an off day against Inverness a couple of weeks ago and then scored a hat trick against Queens Park the following week so he’s definitely capable of having an off day. Just as any of our players are.

Tbf to Dipo he drops off quite regularly and leaves the other striker as the front man. He’s not the best footballer but he is more than capable of picking the ball up and either running with it or getting it wide.

He had an off day against Inverness a couple of weeks ago and then scored a hat trick against Queens Park the following week so he’s definitely capable of having an off day. Just as any of our players are.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d have him in a flash.

9 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I know we won but I was impressed by Ayr today. Don’t know names but defo a few ‘players’ in your team.

We definitely have a few good players, though I only watched the second half today but we seemed poor. 

Given Partick and Dundee will undoubtedly strengthen in January, I don’t think we have enough squad wise to challenge for the title but should absolutely be aiming for third. 

Always find it funny with these Diddy teams when they rattle off stuff like 'You're not even in the play offs' when there's about two points between first and sixth in the league.

As a seasoned team in going for the title, the league position nine games in means very little.

Better team won today. Should've been more comfortable but our defensive troubles reared their head in one instance. 

That's us amazingly level with the mighty Ayr anyway. On we go.

Thank you.

Dundee deserved the win and should have been more comfortable but a slip up by Sweeney allowed Ayr back into it when at that point it was looking like a very comfortable victory. 

Fair play to GB for the half time subs but he now has to go with Robinson and Mulligan in those positions from the start of every game. Young Lyall showed once again when he came on that he is going to be a very important player for us.

I can't see us winning the league with this squad, we simply lose too many soft goals. January may help the situation but I can't see it.

I was a bit disappointed in Ayr tbh but they certainly have a few good players in their team who will undoubtedly go on to bigger and better things. I'd take at least three of them in a heartbeat.

12 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Dundee deserved the win and should have been more comfortable but a slip up by Sweeney allowed Ayr back into it when at that point it was looking like a very comfortable victory. 

Fair play to GB for the half time subs but he now has to go with Robinson and Mulligan in those positions from the start of every game. Young Lyall showed once again when he came on that he is going to be a very important player for us.

I can't see us winning the league with this squad, we simply lose too many soft goals. January may help the situation but I can't see it.

I was a bit disappointed in Ayr tbh but they certainly have a few good players in their team who will undoubtedly go on to bigger and better things. I'd take at least three of them in a heartbeat.

It's a no brainer for Bowyer, teams in this league can't handle the quality of Mulligan charging at them from centre mid.

I don’t really see why we would accept mid table given we have some of the better players in the division in Musonda, Dempsey, Murdoch, Chalmers and the absolute stand out in Akinyemi. Other than Houston the rest of our side are all good players at this level too - with Albinson stepping up hugely compared to last season so far. 

We have maybe three players in Akinyemi, Dempsey and Musonda that would walk into any team in this league with ease. Outside of that you’ve got Murdoch who’s a solid 7/10 every week.

Reading is a good player but definitely switches off at times. Houston gets a hard time but I think most weeks he’s fine but definitely has a shocker in him. Likewise he’s also capable of having a great game.

I’d say the overall squad is maybe good enough to comfortably finish 4th or 5th but with the likes of Akinyemi scoring regularly it can mean we can maybe go a bit further. Good strikers can make a good team a great team. Adeloye last season made a complete bin fire of a squad good enough to stay up without the need of playoffs.

I think the McMullen goal was extremely important. Didn’t look like the 2 strikers would score in 10 games and there’s always the danger heads go down, particularly if Ayr had nicked 1.

Long journey home for the Ayr lads but there’s always your sisters to ride when you get there.

39 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

It's a no brainer for Bowyer, teams in this league can't handle the quality of Mulligan charging at them from centre mid.

Mulligan, too good for the Championship this season but shite in the Premier relegation season.

Maybe another loan to the Blue toon is required.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

I think the McMullen goal was extremely important. Didn’t look like the 2 strikers would score in 10 games and there’s always the danger heads go down, particularly if Ayr had nicked 1.

Long journey home for the Ayr lads but there’s always your sisters to ride when you get there.

Your city is a tip. 

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

That -100%.  Yes, he may loose the ball a few times but it is usually in the opposition’s half.  Very few players, especially at this level, capable of doing what Mulligan does best.

Once Cameron starts getting more game time I think the pair of them will score and create a lot of our goals.

That -100%.  Yes, he may loose the ball a few times but it is usually in the opposition’s half.  Very few players, especially at this level, capable of doing what Mulligan does best.
Once Cameron starts getting more game time I think the pair of them will score and create a lot of our goals.

They are both actual footballers. If this is what the academy is creating I’m optimistic. Mulligan runs with his head up, it’s a joy. Unlike Rudden he doesn’t need to have his eyes glued to the ball in a failed attempt to control it. Cameron deserves more game time too.

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I think this was the thoughts of everyone inside Dens today, he had a great game, and what a strike.

Congrats on your huge 3 points 👍

Why so uptight about a harmless name? Why so uptight in general? You guys not enjoying the journey?

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Mulligan, too good for the Championship this season but shite in the Premier relegation season.

Maybe another loan to the Blue toon is required.

Slavering again Sandy, he only played the last few games in the top league and banged in a few goals, no probs.

Thank you.