Dundee FC vs Ayr United - 15/10/2022

38 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I haven’t been to Dens since the battle Royale from a few seasons back. I vowed never to go to a game in Dundee again because of the police and stewarding. 

What happened like?

Don't remember ever hearing anything about this

15 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Oh deary me. 

Ayr fans giving it big licks whilst unable to arrange a supporters bus for a top of the table clash.

Oh deary, deary me.

Home win.

Thank you.

ronald-koeman-soccer.gif

Edited by AuAl

46 minutes ago, Big Gus said:

What happened? Did you get a hiding?

Who was that Raith fan that went on a moral crusade when the Aberdeen fan was set on fire in a train? I’m not going out like that. 

If Dundee fans think what happened that day was genuinely ok, removing any “banter” or point scoring then I can only assume you may have Stockholm syndrome from years of it. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Who was that Raith fan that went on a moral crusade when the Aberdeen fan was set on fire in a train? I’m not going out like that. 

If it weren't for "P&B Gold", glorious moments in p&b history such as this would be lost on so many (like me). God bless the gold threads.

14 minutes ago, rb123! said:

What happened like?

Don't remember ever hearing anything about this

Basically. The majority of the Ayr fans were at the back of the stand behind the goals standing up. 

A lone steward decided to pick on a guy who was there with his young son and told him to sit down, despite there being maybe 200 people standing around him. 
He was refused to sit down and the steward stormed off in a huff, then came back mob handed to Chuck the guy out. 
During his removal, his son who was maybe 14 tried to help and was thrown, face first down the stairs by a policeman.

This led to a baseball style bench clearance where loads of folk piled in. There were about a dozen arrests and a policeman’s hat was getting frisbee’d about the away end. 

Before that, people were getting thrown out left, right and centre for very little or no reason. At the time, maybe it is different now but they tried to have an oppressive attitude to away fans, all busses were stopped and searched, 100% search on the way in, there was an old boy, maybe 70s lit a cigarette, no request to put it out, he was put straight out the door. 

The boy that was chucked out originally ran the ship in bus. 

he was also done for murder a few years later. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Basically. The majority of the Ayr fans were at the back of the stand behind the goals standing up. 

A lone steward decided to pick on a guy who was there with his young son and told him to sit down, despite there being maybe 200 people standing around him. 
He was refused to sit down and the steward stormed off in a huff, then came back mob handed to Chuck the guy out. 
During his removal, his son who was maybe 14 tried to help and was thrown, face first down the stairs by a policeman.

This led to a baseball style bench clearance where loads of folk piled in. There were about a dozen arrests and a policeman’s hat was getting frisbee’d about the away end. 

Before that, people were getting thrown out left, right and centre for very little or no reason. At the time, maybe it is different now but they tried to have an oppressive attitude to away fans, all busses were stopped and searched, 100% search on the way in, there was an old boy, maybe 70s lit a cigarette, no request to put it out, he was put straight out the door. 

I remember that, a Scottish Cup game aye? Tam McManus scored a goal for us while half the away support were involved in the scrap. 

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

:lol:

Are you on mushrooms by any chance?

13 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Ayr fans acting like all stewards/bouncers everywhere aren't c***s. Get a grip and go support your team fs.

47 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Very much my recollection, especially the section in Bold. It all happened behind me and my young son. Turned round to see a stramash.

Pretty sure there was a series of incidents around this period at Dens Park, with VERY over efficient Stewarding.

Edited by D.Armour Appreciation Society
addition

32 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Ayr fans acting like all stewards/bouncers everywhere aren't c***s. Get a grip and go support your team fs.

I particularly like this part :

48 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

there was an old boy, maybe 70s lit a cigarette, no request to put it out, he was put straight out the door. 

70 year olds should be allowed to smoke fucksake man!

While I agree that the stewarding/policing was mad at that particular game (except for someone being punted out the stand for smoking, not sure why that's over the top stewarding), I don't quite follow that it means never returning to that ground out of protest.

Stewards are generally c***s. Plus, it was like ten years or more ago, do folk genuinely still give a f**k? 

I mean, a guy that ended up being a convicted murderer getting chucked out suggests that it probably wasn't the stewards acting like arseholes.

Similarly with the old guy, smoking in all seater stadiums hadn't been allowed for at least a decade at that point, he was ripping the piss.