Scotland Spain Norway Cyprus Georgia

Looks like a tough group. Spain will obviously win it comfortably I think, and the thought of our defenders trying to contain Haaland gives me the absolute fear. 

We should be able to beat Georgia, but they are a tricky opponent who have caused us problems previously. 

Cyprus I would expect us to beat at home and away. 

We need to try and win this group. The tactic of hoping the top seed hoses everyone has not worked in our favour in the last 25 years. Try to beat Spain at home and them how they drop other points.

Be bold rather than defeatist for this one.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Looks like a tough group. Spain will obviously win it comfortably I think, and the thought of our defenders trying to contain Haaland gives me the absolute fear. 

We should be able to beat Georgia, but they are a tricky opponent who have caused us problems previously. 

Cyprus I would expect us to beat at home and away. 

If Georgia can consistently beat Scotland at home pretty sure they'll believe that they can give Norway a game with or without Haaland

Win the midfield battle starve him of chances they can beat them and so can we and we have done it before against Norway

42 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

Really fancy that Spain away day. March and October dates I am off work. Praying it’s in there. Surely they will be released soon if they are out today?

Spain shouldn't have any games in June due to the NL semis and final. Since Norway are classed as a cold weather country they don't usually play at home in November (that could also apply to March).

Spain shouldn't have any games in June due to the NL semis and final. Since Norway are classed as a cold weather country they don't usually play at home in November (that could also apply to March).

Norway played at home in November in at least the last four qualifying campaigns, and the winter restrictions were in place in at least three of those. They'll minimise how much they play at home, but it doesn't mean they won't at all. There's also absolutely nothing limiting them from playing at home in March.

I have a sneaky we'll come out on top against Norway as they seem to be a bit of an ordinary lot outside of Haaland right now. Having said that Haaland was injured for some of last season and I don't think he played for them in some key games. 

Still, Hendry and McKenna will keep him quiet (🤨). Tbh it's Georgia that gives me the fear most...memories of that utterly, UTTERLY pish performance in Tblisi in 2007, was it, that meant we had to beat Italy in our last game.

3 hours ago, Jimmain said:

I have a sneaky we'll come out on top against Norway as they seem to be a bit of an ordinary lot outside of Haaland right now.

Not sure where you are getting that idea from. They are in and around our level easily with a handful of players playing at the top level (Arsenal, Man City, Napoli), a good number playing in top-5 leagues (Southampton, Rennes, Sociedad, Brentford, Union Berlin, Sassuolo) and a supporting cast from their domestic league or top clubs in other countries (Galatasaray, Benfica, Dynamo Moscow, Feyenoord).

Edited by 2426255

7 minutes ago, Gmfc 23 said:

Anyone have an idea of roughly how many tickets/point would be needed for Norway in June. Thanks

Last time we were there we got 2,200 but if Norway want to give us the minimum then we'll only get around 1400. I'd guess if it's the upper end of that then it'd go as low as maybe 11 or 12 or at the lower end around 16 maybe.

I haven't studied the groups intensively, but at a glance, it doesn't look like there is any really "skooshy" group.

I do feel a wee bit hard done by, but probably because I got too carried away with the unlikely possibility of a "Hungary, Armenia, Luxembourg, Gibraltar, Andorra" type group.

It's a stiff challenge, but what a marker of success it'll be if we can negotiate it successfully.

Edit: just rechecked - E, I and J definitely a bit easier

14 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Haaland, Odegaard, Ajer and Elyounoussi would definitely get in our starting 11 for me. There's probably a few others that we're not really familiar with too.

Their recent record isn't great though, international football isn't just name all the good players you have - they haven't recently demonstrated themselves as a cohesive unit. 

It's not a good draw, not the worst but still pretty bad.

Still a lot of reasons to be hopeful given our excellent recent results.

Two similarly sized northern European nations - our overall qualification record is far better than theirs.

Norway have a very young squad that will improve over time. They were probably the worst Pot 3 team for us to get, for me.

They’re clearly not unbeatable though, but the group is a lot harder than it could’ve been. The Czechs also from Pot 2 have Poland, Albania, Faroe Islands and Moldova. We’d practically already be there if that was our group.