The Ton v Raith Rovers 15-10-22

1 hour ago, Ding Dang Doo said:
5 hours ago, Toby said:
I don’t think just agreeing to disagree cuts it tbh. If you don’t understand the rules of the game, or as is more likely the case, aren’t prepared to see them applied because your team has suffered as a result, then he’s quite right to point that out.
You might disagree with what the rules should be, but it was quite correctly given. No amount of mewling and making up your own rules changes that.

Maybe I'm just wanting a better standard of a game but no matter what team it is I'm not seeing that as a penalty. Its contact sport. Just because you get a slight hand on you doesn't mean it's a foul and doesn't force you to ground.

You really didn’t need to write a paragraph to tell me I’m right but you wish I was wrong. We established that anyway.

26 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I only caught half an hour of the game but apart from the Easton chance it looked like we were second best. Can't be arsed watching the highlights either. Ton fans saying everyone and anyone is crying because they have a different opinion is a bit daft but it is what it is.

See above. We’ve got Raith fans trying to re-write the rule book because they’re in a strop about a decision correctly going against their team, after they got away with another two. It’s the absolute definition of a meltdown.

And to be honest, after the last few days of reading this thread, I’m really enjoying the fallout from yesterday’s game. It’s been a fantastic read, though not as enjoyable as watching the tears and snotters unfold in front of my eyes about 5pm yesterday.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

I only caught half an hour of the game but apart from the Easton chance it looked like we were second best. Can't be arsed watching the highlights either. Ton fans saying everyone and anyone is crying because they have a different opinion is a bit daft but it is what it is.

Disagree. I thought raith were the better side for the majority of the first half. If you put your dummy back in and watched the highlights you'd see that. 

Watched the Morton highlights and thought the tackle where Crawford had his heels clipped in the box looked a penalty as well.  

Blues looks well onside for our disallowed goal as well. There's a chance he's handled it in the build up but the assistant referee has flagged for offside. 

Can’t get too upset by the penalty and given the stonewaller shown on here earlier it was with hindsight a sort of karma. We were never going to score yesterday so it’s only cost us a point in reality. As someone said earlier more worrying is how weakly we conceded possession whilst on the attack seconds earlier. I’d rather Murray focused on that and our lack of creativity going forward than berating the ref 

18 hours ago, Ding Dang Doo said:
23 hours ago, Toby said:
I don’t think just agreeing to disagree cuts it tbh. If you don’t understand the rules of the game, or as is more likely the case, aren’t prepared to see them applied because your team has suffered as a result, then he’s quite right to point that out.
You might disagree with what the rules should be, but it was quite correctly given. No amount of mewling and making up your own rules changes that.

Maybe I'm just wanting a better standard of a game but no matter what team it is I'm not seeing that as a penalty. Its contact sport. Just because you get a slight hand on you doesn't mean it's a foul and doesn't force you to ground.

The defender shoved him.  It's a penalty.  Quitongo was past him and about to shoot.  Why would he dive rather than just put the chance away, given that diving tends to lead to a booking, of which Quitongo already has a fair collection?  I could see someone diving if they weren't in a position to shoot, but not when he was right through on goal.

Always good to see that quisling bawbag Gordon Brown's day spoiled so extra kudos to Gillespie for tucking the penalty away so accurately.  that and the seethe from the away fans.  What a great evening we had after that.

Edited by Alibi