The Ton v Raith Rovers 15-10-22

12 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

That’s hilarious to be fair. Only possible out for the ref is that he was at the same angle as I was and thought it was a Morton hand. No excuse for both ref and linesman to miss it though. 

Ref's view seems pretty perfect. Shocker.

Screenshot_20221016_125518.thumb.jpg.3a85850c26b14a21016e952365333644.jpg

3 hours ago, madton said:

A dive for me is no contact, conning the ref and blatant cheating. 

Anyone saying Jai did that( Hi Ian) is fishing for catches.

A dive is going down under little to no contact. You can have contact and make a dive from it. Yesterday's penalty was not a dive but it was really also not something you'd go down with naturally either. Being pulled back does not make your legs go from under you and fall forward. 

However, footballers are pretty much conditioned to go down under contact because they get nothing for staying on their feet at all by the officials so it was probably a penalty in today's game. 

From the highlights, the Rovers had chances, most of them from Easton or Connolly from outside the box. We just don't create enough good opportunities. 

2 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

A dive is going down under little to no contact. You can have contact and make a dive from it. Yesterday's penalty was not a dive but it was really also not something you'd go down with naturally either. Being pulled back does not make your legs go from under you and fall forward. 

However, footballers are pretty much conditioned to go down under contact because they get nothing for staying on their feet at all by the officials so it was probably a penalty in today's game. 

From the highlights, the Rovers had chances, most of them from Easton or Connolly from outside the box. We just don't create enough good opportunities. 

So you agree your manager is an absolute roaster then??

36 minutes ago, madton said:

So you agree your manager is an absolute roaster then??

I don't agree with the comments but anything said right after a match is always reactionary. That said I'd be disappointed with the award if I was the defender or the manager. Though if I was the defender I'd likely have subsequently been red carded for stamping on the attacker 🤣

I don’t think just agreeing to disagree cuts it tbh. If you don’t understand the rules of the game, or as is more likely the case, aren’t prepared to see them applied because your team has suffered as a result, then he’s quite right to point that out.
You might disagree with what the rules should be, but it was quite correctly given. No amount of mewling and making up your own rules changes that.
Maybe I'm just wanting a better standard of a game but no matter what team it is I'm not seeing that as a penalty. Its contact sport. Just because you get a slight hand on you doesn't mean it's a foul and doesn't force you to ground.

15 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:
4 hours ago, Toby said:
I don’t think just agreeing to disagree cuts it tbh. If you don’t understand the rules of the game, or as is more likely the case, aren’t prepared to see them applied because your team has suffered as a result, then he’s quite right to point that out.
You might disagree with what the rules should be, but it was quite correctly given. No amount of mewling and making up your own rules changes that.

Maybe I'm just wanting a better standard of a game but no matter what team it is I'm not seeing that as a penalty. Its contact sport. Just because you get a slight hand on you doesn't mean it's a foul and doesn't force you to ground.

I was at the game and thought it was a penalty. Having seen the images from all angles the referee clearly got it right. It is a contact sport but a push is a foul and in the box it is a penalty.

16 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:
4 hours ago, Toby said:

In modern day football whether we like it or not its a penalty. Anywhere else on the pitch its a foul and a free kick. If it was given against us I'd be raging at the poor decision making by the players leading up to it which to be fair Murray alluded to. 

5 hours ago, madton said:

Thought so too at the game.

Find it odd that your highlights failed to include it though, hopefully ours do and can confirm.

To be honest, the way I remember, it was pretty obvious before the goal that the guy was offside.  I don't think it was a disallowed goal, the flag went up before the strike got away.  Its not particularly highlight worthy.  

42 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:
5 hours ago, Toby said:

It's soft, but if Ngwenya doesn't put his hands on the player, the ref doesn't give it.  That's before you look at the dreadful giveaway of possession in the build up.

It was completely avoidable from a Rovers point of view, and that's where Murray should have been focusing his anger.

I only caught half an hour of the game but apart from the Easton chance it looked like we were second best. Can't be arsed watching the highlights either. Ton fans saying everyone and anyone is crying because they have a different opinion is a bit daft but it is what it is.