The Ton v Raith Rovers 15-10-22

Just watched the highlights 

For Murray to suggest Quitongo dived is quite incredible.

The boy is all over him, out of position and fouls him, it's a pen every day of the week. Jai might well be looking for it but has every right too in that situation, your defender made it easy for the ref.

I was near the exit so never had a good view of it but I expected a clear dive going by Murray, Hope he gets done for his sour grapes 

Clear pen for the handball too and convenient of Raith not to show the other claim or offside goal, which makes me wonder if it was onside 

The hand ball decision on the highlights is one of the worst refereeing decisions I've seen, which give the level of officiating at this level is some going. 

No one can convince me otherwise that Quitongo hasn't absolutely played for that penalty and went down when he didn't need to but the decision we weren't given was 10000000x more blatant.

The lad has gone down easily, but Ngwenya has given the referee a decision to make here.  There's no need to have his hands on him, if he doesn't, there isn't a decision to make.

Also, that pass from Kyle Connell that gave away possession that lead to the pen is fucking terrible.  

20221016_062242.jpg

Screenshot_20221016-063027_YouTube.jpg

Edited by CALDERON

5 hours ago, RR #1 said:

Aye just like anyone with a pair of eyes and a bit of football knowledge wrote off Fernandy Mendy and Riley-Snow as non-footballers after 90 minutes of watching them. Sick of the club giving contracts to these sorts of players. 

Can't lie, first impressions weren't great.  However, in typical Rovers fashion, he was getting stick from a couple of fans 5 minutes into the game for not winning balls that were being punted up to him.  I'd like to at least give him a few games before writing him off.

Gregory Tade was absolutely awful in his Rovers debut and turned out alright.

5 hours ago, madton said:

Just watched the highlights 

For Murray to suggest Quitongo dived is quite incredible.

The boy is all over him, out of position and fouls him, it's a pen every day of the week. Jai might well be looking for it but has every right too in that situation, your defender made it easy for the ref.

I was near the exit so never had a good view of it but I expected a clear dive going by Murray, Hope he gets done for his sour grapes 

Clear pen for the handball too and convenient of Raith not to show the other claim or offside goal, which makes me wonder if it was onside 

Looked offside to me.  No 9 was miles offside when the kick was taken, and looked to play some part in the goal.  

13 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😂So, after a 93rd minute winner you expect polite applause followed by handshakes all round? Is that what your lot would've done? 

Honestly wot a pathetic post that is. You deserve the rough end of a pineapple up you. 

Jesus

A draw would have been a fair result yesterday and I'd settled for that until the penalty. Rovers were the better team in the first half. Looked tidy on the ball but no real clear cut chances. We came into the game as the first half went on and carried that into the second half. Thought Quitongo coming on gave us a lift and he gave the left back a torrid time. Not sure about the penalty however the defender gave the referee a decision to make. It also evened out Millen's handball in the first half which unbelievably the referee missed.  Interesting to hear Murrays interview and he chose not to mention that. 

Delighted to come away with the 3 points. If someone had told me that we'd win our next 3 games after the Partick game I'd have laughed at them. Onto next week.

That is a dive. Anyone saying otherwise it's fishing for catches. I really hate it in the game and can't stand it when our players do it. Zanatta was the worst and our fans would be the first to tell him to get back up.

However we gave the ref a choice to make. He made the wrong one clearly and if he sticks to his guns and thinks that's still a pen then it sums up not only the standards of refereeing in Scotland but also the perceived arrogance that a lot of officials seem to have.

The handball one is an absolute shocker. How he cannot see that is ridiculous. He had a great angle as well to see it. Another example of how poor the referring standards are.

Think Murray at the end of his interview summed it up. It was a day where right from the start things didn't go right and just had that feel to it. Doesn't make it any easier to take though and means the next week is massive for us now.

1 hour ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

That is a dive. Anyone saying otherwise it's fishing for catches. I really hate it in the game and can't stand it when our players do it. Zanatta was the worst and our fans would be the first to tell him to get back up.

However we gave the ref a choice to make. He made the wrong one clearly and if he sticks to his guns and thinks that's still a pen then it sums up not only the standards of refereeing in Scotland but also the perceived arrogance that a lot of officials seem to have.

The handball one is an absolute shocker. How he cannot see that is ridiculous. He had a great angle as well to see it. Another example of how poor the referring standards are.

Think Murray at the end of his interview summed it up. It was a day where right from the start things didn't go right and just had that feel to it. Doesn't make it any easier to take though and means the next week is massive for us now.

A dive for me is no contact, conning the ref and blatant cheating. 

Anyone saying Jai did that( Hi Ian) is fishing for catches.

That goal is a shambles from our point of view. Cheaply giving the ball away when kicking it out of play would probably have led to the ref blowing for full time, a poor header from O'Riordan, and then a needless, panicky challenge from Ngwenya. 

5 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Looked offside to me.  No 9 was miles offside when the kick was taken, and looked to play some part in the goal.  

Thought so too at the game.

Find it odd that your highlights failed to include it though, hopefully ours do and can confirm.

37 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:
2 hours ago, madton said:
A dive for me is no contact, conning the ref and blatant cheating. 
Anyone saying Jai did that( Hi Ian) is fishing for catches.

Sorry we'll have to agree to disagree then.

I don’t think just agreeing to disagree cuts it tbh. If you don’t understand the rules of the game, or as is more likely the case, aren’t prepared to see them applied because your team has suffered as a result, then he’s quite right to point that out.

You might disagree with what the rules should be, but it was quite correctly given. No amount of mewling and making up your own rules changes that.

Whether it’s a penalty or not is irrelevant we didn’t see the game out regarding poor decisions and it was our fault that the Ref had to make a decision with a minute to go when all we had to simply do is keep possession , Dylan Easton also had a great chance but decides to show boat instead of putting his laces through the ball , Every game we are losing are down to individual errors or infact one error . Time to get Mathews in the team and give brown a rest especially with playing Arbroath in midweek . Murray has some tough decisions ahead because as a team we are making to many mistakes / bad decisions