The Ton v Raith Rovers 15-10-22

37 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Try reading my post again, bud. 

I just did Read mine - I commented on your original post, not the edit. 

If it helps though, I'm happy to settle for pineapple chunks. Without the tin. 👍😊

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Dylan Easton. Testing my patience a wee bit of late. Can be magical on his day but he’s clearly short of confidence just now, that chance especially showed it. 

Credit to him for going studs up into a challenge on Grimshaw and managing to pretend he was the victim, win the free kick and get Grimshaw booked !!!

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If the Morton photographer is worth his salt, there will be some incredible pictures to come of the Morton players celebrating in front of our fans. A few real heads gone, and but for the grace of the traffic gods, I’d have been one of them. 

Looking forward to it. The Hamilton photos were good so more of the same please...

20221008_223441.thumb.jpg.fd13f0d9c2d70828c6d48952ef36c72b.jpg

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

All joking aside, Fredriksen genuinely looked like one of the worst footballers I've ever seen. There's a lot of caveats there so it could be unreasonable to rush into such a harsh judgement with no pre-season, just settling into a new team in a country he's not played in before, clearly unfit (and Grimshaw already looks a different player for us compared to a fortnight ago just due to having some match fitness) but he was really amazingly terrible. Seriously Adam Coakley levels of abysmal, worse than Kabba Modou-Cham.

Unless the ball was rocketed directly at his head he had absolutely no clue what to do, he didn't appear to have the slightest semblance of basic  control with his feet and there was a complete absence of positional awareness. Even once when the ball was propelled directly at his chest with no Morton player on him, when he could have just let it hit him and drop to his feet, he contrived to spin directly out of its path and let it run through to our defence for no apparent reason.

As always if you wait long enough someone will succinctly summarise how a player has done.

Just to add, doesn't seem to have any ball control, get beat in the air buy our 6ft 2 in midget C/H and can only through the ball half the distance of Strapp. In fairness no looked fu#ed in the 2nd half.

Teams keep going on about Strapp's through-ins, the one in the second half from mid park would have won a gold medal if there was an Olympic category.

All in all I enjoyed the game and thought a draw would have been acceptable but that penalty was just the icing on the cake.    

We were probably worth the draw, but Morton looked the more likely to score.  Was heading for the exit when the pen was given, so didn't see it, but they had a stonewall shout turned down so I guess it evens out.

Don't think we were especially terrible, again, but there is nothing in that final third.  I don't think we've been outplayed to any real extent yet, but have lost 6 out of 10.  Those stats speak for themselves, nowhere near good enough up top.

I'll give big John the benefit of the doubt and say that hopefully it's a case of him not being up to speed yet.  To put it diplomatically, he showed significantly less then our other striking options.  That's a pretty kind description.

The effort is there, and we generally look okay, but we don't score anywhere near enough goals, nor look particularly likely to do so.  And other than Scotlands most injury prone forward, we have no other options until Jan.

Edited by CALDERON

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If the Morton photographer is worth his salt, there will be some incredible pictures to come of the Morton players celebrating in front of our fans. A few real heads gone, and but for the grace of the traffic gods, I’d have been one of them. 

If you find yourself in any pictures insert it here give us all a chuckle 

15 minutes ago, montheton said:

Surely Murray will be getting an invite from the SFA regarding his comments??? Goodwin got 8 games for pretty much the same thing.

Also why no red card as was it not a goal scoring opportunity that was denied?

The fact he mentioned it near the end shows he’s a bit worried 

34 minutes ago, montheton said:

Surely Murray will be getting an invite from the SFA regarding his comments??? Goodwin got 8 games for pretty much the same thing.

Hopefully he'll get an 8 game ban from coaching full stop. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Not surprised that the odious little cretin was acting like that. 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Hopefully he'll get an 8 game ban from coaching full stop. 

It's amazing what losing a game 1-0 due to a controversial late penalty can do to some people.

1 hour ago, montheton said:

I wondered that. Ngwenya had already been booked, I don't see how he can bring down Quitongo in that position and not be sent off one way or another.

I thought it looked like a dive, but the scoreline was only ever going to end "Raith Rovers nil" and when that's the case, you can't afford to be bad or unlucky and expect to get points. We were certainly the former, if not the latter. 

We're just incredibly toothless. First half we managed to get one or two set pieces near Connor O'Riordan and might've scraped something from a second ball, but it would've been more through luck than design. 

It's a story we've already seen on multiple occasions this season. We only create a handful of chances in the game, and we're nowhere near clinical enough to take them. Even last week against Cove in our best performance of the season, we needed five or six really good chances in the first half to go in 2-0 up at half time. 

Quitongo made a huge difference when he came on, just by virtue of being able to run with the ball. Until that point it wad something that basically hadn't happened in the game, and he changed the dynamic. He didn't have much of an end product, but all of a sudden the game wasn't taking place in front of Liam Dick and Co, it was happening around and behind them, and they started to panic. Dick in particular looked relatively composed for the first 80 minutes and spent the last ten hacking and swinging like an amateur golfer in a deep bunker. 

Over the piece, I don't think either side really did enough to "earn" a goal. The xG dorks must've been looking to add additional decimal places to their spreadsheets, chances were so skance. But Morton at least did enough to warrant a couple of penalty claims, and even if they one they got wasn't a correct decision, it's a question of the referee that the Rovers didn't even manage to ask. 

6 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Good to see our fans completely writing players off after *checks notes* 83 minutes of competitive football.  

Aye just like anyone with a pair of eyes and a bit of football knowledge wrote off Fernandy Mendy and Riley-Snow as non-footballers after 90 minutes of watching them. Sick of the club giving contracts to these sorts of players.