The Ton v Raith Rovers 15-10-22

A draw would have been an entirely fair result. The two teams weren't rotten but defences were always winning out in the final third and so neither goalkeeper had a save of note to make. But then we got a dodgy penalty after the nonsense officiating of the first half evened itself out and so here we are. 

Great to see tremendous tears and snotters from the away section of Cappielow yet again. Long may it continue.

10 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

More than 90 minutes. He came on last week late on and started today but I think if Ross was fit he'd have been on the bench again.

Judging a player after 1 game is ridiculous

Genuine question........why do you think Murray signed Frederiksen? To me it was quite obvious because he would tower (he's 6ft 8") over every..and I do mean EVERY centre-back in this league at set-pieces and at the time..I thought this too.

Fact is..because he's not match-fit/not used to our game...whatever ....his best attribute seems to be throw-ins and I'm not sure he can throw further than our Lewis but hey ho.

A draw would have been an entirely fair result. The two teams weren't rotten but defences were always winning out in the final third and so neither goalkeeper had a save of note to make. But then we got a dodgy penalty after the nonsense officiating of the first half evened itself out and so here we are. 
Great to see tremendous tears and snotters from the away section of Cappielow yet again. Long may it continue.
Totally forgot about that penalty incident in the first half. No idea how the ref didn't give it.

Genuine question........why do you think Murray signed Frederiksen? To me it was quite obvious because he would tower (he's 6ft 8") over every..and I do mean EVERY centre-back in this league at set-pieces and at the time..I thought this too.
Fact is..because he's not match-fit/not used to our game...whatever ....his best attribute seems to be throw-ins and I'm not sure he can throw further than our Lewis but hey ho.
We signed him to have a "different" option up front. He looked really short of match practice today and so that's why I think it's ridiculous for any of our fans to start moaning just now. If he's playing the same in 2 months then fair enough and he'd end up being Jon Daly mark 2.

One of our biggest problems is the lack of supply. We have "creative" players who are not creating anything and full backs in Dick and Millen who aren't naturally attacking. Millen can't seem to even cross a ball. So even if you have a giant striker in the 6 yard box if you don't give him chances to score then he'd be as well having a 4ft boy instead.

30 minutes ago, gmfc said:

Well at the end of the day pal we should have had a stonewaller in the first half with the hand ball so justice was done.

Did say the win was deserved and I had no complaints here. Thought it looked like a Morton hand if it’s the same incident but then I was miles away up the other end. We were poor and the best we were ever getting was a 0-0. Stanton is a class act, but he’s surrounded by a lot of pretty average players. Stay up and I’ll be happy 

All joking aside, Fredriksen genuinely looked like one of the worst footballers I've ever seen. There's a lot of caveats there so it could be unreasonable to rush into such a harsh judgement with no pre-season, just settling into a new team in a country he's not played in before, clearly unfit (and Grimshaw already looks a different player for us compared to a fortnight ago just due to having some match fitness) but he was really amazingly terrible. Seriously Adam Coakley levels of abysmal, worse than Kabba Modou-Cham.

Unless the ball was rocketed directly at his head he had absolutely no clue what to do, he didn't appear to have the slightest semblance of basic  control with his feet and there was a complete absence of positional awareness. Even once when the ball was propelled directly at his chest with no Morton player on him, when he could have just let it hit him and drop to his feet, he contrived to spin directly out of its path and let it run through to our defence for no apparent reason.

Edited by Dunning1874

If the Morton photographer is worth his salt, there will be some incredible pictures to come of the Morton players celebrating in front of our fans. A few real heads gone, and but for the grace of the traffic gods, I’d have been one of them. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If the Morton photographer is worth his salt, there will be some incredible pictures to come of the Morton fans celebrating in front of our fans. A few real heads gone, and but for the grace of the traffic gods, I’d have been one of them. 

😂So, after a 93rd minute winner you expect polite applause followed by handshakes all round? Is that what your lot would've done? 

Honestly wot a pathetic post that is. You deserve the rough end of a pineapple up you. 

1 minute ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😂So, after a 93rd minute winner you expect polite applause followed by handshakes all round? Is that what your lot would've done? 

Honestly wot a pathetic post that is. You deserve the rough end of a pineapple up you. 

Try reading my post again, bud. 

10 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

A sickener to conceed a last minute penalty but that's the game o fitbaw, be interesting to see the highlights, it's a long long hard season ahead for us, just hope we don't suffer the Dunfermline syndrome

God forbid you end up like them fannies 😂😂