The Ton v Raith Rovers 15-10-22

Pathetic performance Morton deserved the win. 

Looks like Murray has signed another dud too. After all his talk of not signing players for sake of it and waiting for the right players he has signed McBride, Connell and now Fredrikson for the forward positions and all three look utterly hopeless. Can't see where the goals are going to come from especially with Gullan now injured.

Gillespie must be having the season of his life. 

Whatever magic those Turkish hair sorcerers worked upon him the results are clear. 

Edited by GiGi

Pathetic performance Morton deserved the win. 
Looks like Murray has signed another dud too. After all his talk of not signing players for sake of it and waiting for the right players he has signed McBride, Connell and now Fredrikson for the forward positions and all three look utterly hopeless. Can't see where the goals are going to come from especially with Gullan now injured.

We need to give Frederiksen time. He's not played for months and never had a pre season so he needs to get match fit.

As for Connell he's absolutely hopeless and nowhere near this level. He gets bullied off the ball, so can't hold it up, and his finishing is complete powderpuff. I'd honestly cut his loan short now.

McBride hasn't had too much of a chance but again looks not good enough. Too lightweight and little end product.

All in all its been a sobering first 10 games and our away form looks alarming. We clearly don't have the ability and mentality to grind out results and take a point. 6 defeats so far, 4 of them away from home, shows that.

Result aside, really have to feel for Jamie Gullan. Every time he looks like he's getting confidence and starting to get a few goals he seems to pick up an injury. Wasn't at the game so didn't see what happened (heard on the radio that he went down off the ball with nobody around which sounds...not good if so). Just hope it isn't serious and he's back before too long.

Still can't believe the raith player turned back inside when through on goal. We had the best chances by far including an open goal miss from yards out yet that still managed to be the most pathetic attempt by anyone on the pitch. 

30 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Can’t really complain. We were poor all day and second to everything. Couldn’t hold on to possession. Quitongo went down easily but we stupidly gave him the chance to do it, after stupidly conceding possession from our attack. Liam Dick was a fucking bombscare by the end. And although it’s early days I think it’s looking like Frederiksen probably isn’t the answer.  Jury has been out on Murray for me but today didn’t reassure in any way. Poor all round 

Well at the end of the day pal we should have had a stonewaller in the first half with the hand ball so justice was done.

1 minute ago, port-ton said:

Still can't believe the raith player turned back inside when through on goal. We had the best chances by far including an open goal miss from yards out yet that still managed to be the most pathetic attempt by anyone on the pitch. 

Dylan Easton. Testing my patience a wee bit of late. Can be magical on his day but he’s clearly short of confidence just now, that chance especially showed it. 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Dylan Easton. Testing my patience a wee bit of late. Can be magical on his day but he’s clearly short of confidence just now, that chance especially showed it. 

His problem is he over complicates things and isn’t quick enough to recover.  He got a bit more freedom at the level below but in the Championship you need to be sharper.  He needs to play the simple stuff first and foremost.

13 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

We need to give Frederiksen time. He's not played for months and never had a pre season so he needs to get match fit.

As for Connell he's absolutely hopeless and nowhere near this level. He gets bullied off the ball, so can't hold it up, and his finishing is complete powderpuff. I'd honestly cut his loan short now.

McBride hasn't had too much of a chance but again looks not good enough. Too lightweight and little end product.

All in all its been a sobering first 10 games and our away form looks alarming. We clearly don't have the ability and mentality to grind out results and take a point. 6 defeats so far, 4 of them away from home, shows that.

We only have him for another 7 months.How much time do we need to give him? Murray must clearly think he is up to speed as he's put him straight in the term despite the fact we won last week and scored 3. He will just be another Nando Mendy. A guy who you can't even call a footballer signed for his physical attributes rather than anything he has done with a football. 

His problem is he over complicates things and isn’t quick enough to recover.  He got a bit more freedom at the level below but in the Championship you need to be sharper.  He needs to play the simple stuff first and foremost.
Spot on. But I think that shows he isn't good enough unfortunately. Reminds me of when we signed Milne a few years ago in League 1. Sometimes players just can't take the step up.

2 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

Exactly what came to my mind after that chance. He lacks the sharpness that is needed even at our pish level. Can look an absolute baller when we are well on top, but hasn't shown that he can really dig us out. 

We only have him for another 7 months.How much time do we need to give him? Murray must clearly think he is up to speed as he's put him straight in the term despite the fact we won last week and scored 3. He will just be another Nando Mendy. A guy who you can't even call a footballer signed for his physical attributes rather than anything he has done with a football. 
More than 90 minutes. He came on last week late on and started today but I think if Ross was fit he'd have been on the bench again.

Judging a player after 1 game is ridiculous