Dumbarton v Albion Rovers

If we’re being honest that’s a piss poor result at home and a piss poor performance to go with it. Quite why Farrell is going with this scatter gun approach to his starting 11 is beyond me - Gemmell starting over our top scorer? Really? 

Back to basics please and stop pissing about with different players in different positions every single week. It’s the exact same thing he done last season when the going got tought and it’s the exact same type of players who are the first to get axed. I could’ve stuck the mortgage on Joe McKee being the first to be culled when things weren’t going our way despite him being instrumental in our early season good run of form. 

Out of interest how did MacLean perform today? I keep hearing about how he’s one of the best wingers in this league but I’m struggling to remember the last time he turned in anything resembling a good performance.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If we’re being honest that’s a piss poor result at home and a piss poor performance to go with it. Quite why Farrell is going with this scatter gun approach to his starting 11 is beyond me - Gemmell starting over our top scorer? Really? 

Back to basics please and stop pissing about with different players in different positions every single week. It’s the exact same thing he done last season when the going got tought and it’s the exact same type of players who are the first to get axed. I could’ve stuck the mortgage on Joe McKee being the first to be culled when things weren’t going our way despite him being instrumental in our early season good run of form. 

Out of interest how did MacLean perform today? I keep hearing about how he’s one of the best wingers in this league but I’m struggling to remember the last time he turned in anything resembling a good performance.

I forgot McLean was playing at points. He didn't do anything wrong as such but his impact on the game was pretty much non existent. 

I think what sums today up best was Pete asked me who would be man of the match. I couldn't name someone.

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I think I’ve seen Ross MacLean turn it on 5 or 6 times across his 40ish (total guess) odd games for us. 

People confusing his potential with what he’s actually delivering. On his day, when he’s consistent, he WOULD be one of the best wingers in the league. He isn’t delivering and he isn’t consistent and he’s actually pretty rotten most of the time.

Real shame because I liked what I seen from him in the first half of last season.

Humph.

Not enough cutting edge or creativity at all. Defensively relatively solid but we weren’t really troubled much.  Vers came for a point and pretty much deserved it.

Too many attacking players in our team either had poor games or were invisible. We didn’t force their goalkeeper into much action at all which tells the story.

Be interesting to see what the script is with Wallace being sent off at the end. Very weird. 

Hopefully Gemmell’s injury isn’t as bad as it looked and really hope someone hasn’t stuck the boot on him or studded him as has been suggested by someone else.

19 minutes ago, NilNil said:

Humph.

Not enough cutting edge or creativity at all. Defensively relatively solid but we weren’t really troubled much.  Vers came for a point and pretty much deserved it.

Too many attacking players in our team either had poor games or were invisible. We didn’t force their goalkeeper into much action at all which tells the story.

Be interesting to see what the script is with Wallace being sent off at the end. Very weird. 

Hopefully Gemmell’s injury isn’t as bad as it looked and really hope someone hasn’t stuck the boot on him or studded him as has been suggested by someone else.

Achilles tear apparently.  Which sounds serious at any age.

8 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Rubbish.

Absolutely no creativity. No serious threat from open play. Nothing.

Friday is going to be a very tense 90 minutes.

I don’t know that it will be particularly tense.

I worried about a junior outfit “giant-killing” us when we were a Championship team but as a League Two side I don’t think anyone would be particularly surprised if Cumnock knock us out. It would just be a run of the mill defeat to my mind. 

1 minute ago, Thommo90 said:

We are wasting gray playing him in a deeper position.  Get him forward in a 8 or 10 position.  

We looked better with McKee beside Blair and Gray pushed forward.

Blair grafts. McKee actually has a bit of passing ability.

Gray loves running at opponents.

Midfield has to be Blair and McKee or Blair and Wilson, with Gray playing in front of them.

Two poor teams. But for Sons to keep shelling long balls was criminal. It wasn't working from minute one, so to still be doing it at minute ninety is unforgivable.

Brett Long pulled off a save late on that saved the point. A mixture of what looked like Buchanan's hand and Long pulled off a goal line save at the end of the first half.

Wallace added nothing when he came on. But we should have changed the tactics to accommodate both him and Byrne. We didn't. Neither is a target man. 

Gray again the stand out and one who looks like he'll do something.

It wasn't a day for wingers or full backs, width was negated by constant high balls.

Both teams showed the odd spark when playing through but neither stuck to it and both instantly reverted to long punts.

Our one decent attack second half was stopped as some kids outside threw a smoke bomb on  the pitch.

Point each is fair from a shite game.

"That's the end of Gemmell" is the word from an unnamed source. Looks like an Achilles injury based on initial assessment pending tests etc.

Pish poor tactics today, and no attempt to change them even though it was clear they weren't working.

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

Our one decent attack second half was stopped as some kids outside threw a smoke bomb on  the pitch.

I don't know if they were actually at the game or not as it had started outside outside of the ground. However, I say this in no uncertain terms but if the parties involved read this simply just f**k off. We were bad enough on the pitch today without having to deal with this shite as well 

Edited by Clarko_son