Dumbarton v Albion Rovers

6 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

A scrappy 1-0 would certainly give us a welcome three points.  But I want more than that; I want a performance in which we take the game to the opposition from the first whistle; a performance in which we ditch hopeless long balls and actually PASS the ball thro the midfield; a performance where we don't take the lead and then shitfest out a result.  In other words let's see a performance from a team at the top of the league with genuine title ambitions.

A scrappy 1-0 at home to most people's idea of a struggling team isnt enough.

I want a convincing win. Doesnt need to be a big score. The 1-0 part might well be right. But I want us to dominate the game and to test their keeper. The Forfar game was so frustrating that we didnt actually start attacking with any real purpose until the 70th minute or there about.

It's absolutely hooring it down in Jimmy T, I'd assume it's the same along the road in Rockville. This amount of rain will make the pitch and conditions difficult. I'd give up any hopes of either team "dominating from the first whistle" and expect both teams to be slogging it out in the mud.

Would bite yer hand off for a shitey 1 nil win as that seems to be the way we've won most games this season.To restore confidence a dominating win would be nice but as moonster says above we havent really done that all season(even the 4 nil win over annan wasnt done by blowing them off the park).We have to get out of this league by hook or by crook and if thats with crappy wins so be it.

Anyone thinking we can blow rovers away take heed that they are better than their league position suggests and this is a dangerous game likely to be played in difficult conditions.

Edited by lorenzo71

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

We're yet to dominate anyone so I'm not sure where that expectation is coming from. We're top of the league by being hard to beat and clinical and I'll happily accept that today. 

I agree that being hard to beat got us to the top of the league.  The trouble is teams are now working us out and we're shipping goals without very much to offer in attack.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

It's Byrne who came on, I'm told. 

Yep, just saw that. I was going by Squeezebox’s post.

Apparently the same guy that injured Gemmell had already stuck the studs on him earlier in the game.

Edited by FifeSons

4 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Yep, just saw that. I was going by Squeezebox’s post.

Apparently the same guy that injured Gemmell had already stuck the studs on him earlier in the game.

I'd only gone on the twitter. That's good to hear though...

Not good to hear the thugs have been throwing it about that much though.

Screenshot_20221015_153054.jpg