Kilmarnock v Heart of Midlothian

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Definitely shows up the "West Coast problem" nonsense up for what it is, unless there were just loads of Glaswegian Hearts fans kicking about.

I sometimes think you are just a bot looking to create arguments............

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I would suggest the Hearts fans singing about "****** blood" are probably the ones trying to create arguments here.

Why on earth is it ok for Hearts fans (and the old filth) to sing about it while Lafferty gets set up for a public flogging.

In saying that, there is no way I’m condoning or minimising his actions, it’s just double standards.

Just now, craigkillie said:

I would suggest the Hearts fans singing about "****** blood" are probably the ones trying to create arguments here.

Are you suggesting that the entire home stands at Tynecastle are blasting out songs about the famine and Bobby Sands like happens at Ibrox?

Hearts have a small number of young arseholes who trot out this pish, usually guys who travel.....................same as we have a small number of coked up p***ks singing IRA songs (see our match in Dingwall).

Those issues are not in the same league as the ones encouraged by Rangers and Celtic - in fact, not even the same universe.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Why on earth is it ok for Hearts fans (and the old filth) to sing about it while Lafferty gets set up for a public flogging.

In saying that, there is no way I’m condoning or minimising his actions, it’s just double standards.

Because if you work in professional football, be it as a player or a manager, there are rules and standards to abide by.

No club is voting for strict liability re fans actions.

First time in my life yesterday I pulled up the young lads next to me singing 'Hello hello'.

The lad next to me went with a particularly aggressive '******', complete with head thrust.

I just laughed at the lad and told him he was ridiculous, asked him why he sang it. Was quite surprised at myself, but the lads just melted and packed it in. My mate backed me up and told them to ram it as well. 

Amazing how flimsy these wee diddies are when you pull them up.

44 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Are you suggesting that the entire home stands at Tynecastle are blasting out songs about the famine and Bobby Sands like happens at Ibrox?

Hearts have a small number of young arseholes who trot out this pish, usually guys who travel.....................same as we have a small number of coked up p***ks singing IRA songs (see our match in Dingwall).

Those issues are not in the same league as the ones encouraged by Rangers and Celtic - in fact, not even the same universe.

I've seen bigotry-adjacent stuff at Tynecastle, and the odd murmuring of that phrase from a certain section in the main stand. It's not the entire stands at Ibrox either - most, but not all of Rangers' dodgy songbook is reserved for away games, and although it does sometimes come out at home games, I would be pretty confident it's not the entire stand.

I'd put Hearts in a very clear third place in terms of this sort of behaviour, they're the only other support I dread getting the train through from Glasgow with.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

It's no really double standards, is it?  Hearts fans singing it are fannies, but Lafferty is a professional footballer and subject to the SFA's disciplinary procedures.

In actuality, any fan caught doing it and taken to court would likely face worse punishment than Lafferty.

34 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

It's no really double standards, is it?  Hearts fans singing it are fannies, but Lafferty is a professional footballer and subject to the SFA's disciplinary procedures.

In actuality, any fan caught doing it and taken to court would likely face worse punishment than Lafferty.

But who is going to go in amongst these Fannie’s and pull them out, somebody needs to do it sooner or later.

Its so much easier to pick on stupid individuals like Lafferty.

5 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Probably because one is against the rules of the sfa being a registered footballer to them and the other are a bunch of fandangos (not that lafferty isnt). 

Edited by Hoose Rice

47 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

But who is going to go in amongst these Fannie’s and pull them out, somebody needs to do it sooner or later.

Its so much easier to pick on stupid individuals like Lafferty.

Send in the army.

Lafferty has individually broken rules and will be punished.  A crowd can call a player or ref a cheating b*****d but a manager can't as another example (unless you are Robbie Neilson ironically).

9 hours ago, Empty It said:

Would love to see every one of the wee fannies singing sectarian songs banned from football but to compare it to the OF 40-50k singing this shite every week is laughable. 

That's not accurate in my experience. I've rarely heard the 'party' songbook at Ibrox or Parkhead, it's more a problem with their away support, which makes it directly comparable in my opinion.

Lafferty should be punished, Hearts should be punished, Rangers should be punished.

Its quite simple really, we either have a societal problem with people who use this kind of language or we allow it. Personally, I'm in favour of trying to eradicate it but you do you Edinburgh.