Kilmarnock v Heart of Midlothian

31 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Ok then 🤣🤣🤣

It's not as if he doesn't have an extensive history of shite game management.

He managed games against us well enough with Aberdeen multiple times.

I thought today was a great battle. If you want to blame the manager for squandering the 2 goal lead then you need to praise him for having us 2 up in the first place.

Raging to have chucked that, at 2-0 hearts looked done but one simple ball over the top caught us out again. 

Equaliser was a top finish, he’ll probably never score better. 

Serious amount of effort from us but running out of steam by 65 mins costs us as we don’t have the quality to replace the players going off. 

On the plus side I thought Taylor, Mayo and Stokes all played really well. I’m a fan of this formation we seem to be playing with an attacking fullback and then 3 sitting. I was having a bit of an argument with someone after the St Johnstone game because I was sure it was 3 at the back with 2 WBs in Armstrong and Ben and the other guy was stating it was 4 at the back.

Also thought Alston, Armstrong, Lafferty and Jones did well, Armstrong the best of that lot.

@C4mmy31 absolutely spot on with his point. It was the usual negative attempt to see the game out, that nearly failed on Wednesday, that cost us the equaliser tonight. Absolutely obvious that you didnt mean the Doidge or Shaw sub but rather the two defenders (albeit one through injury) and Lyons that followed.

As the game went on we got deeper and deeper instead of pressing high which had led to lots of mistakes through the game, including our second. Just as we dropped deeper and deeper on Wed.

My Dons mate had warned me we would do this and seen it in a number of games now. 

Full credit for the good play that had is ahead by 2 in the first place, just baffling we invite teams on to us when leading.

Alebiosu wasn't brought on to be a defender, which is just as well because he's worse defensively than McKenzie who he replaced. He's an attacking player and was there to add pace and get us up the park which he did. Lyons is hardly a great deal more defensive than Alston either and was on because he had legs to chase things down.

The problem is the quality of the subs, not the defensiveness of them. Us having a lack of squad depth and thus having a weak bench means it's inevitable the subs will be worse than the guys they come on for.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

He managed games against us well enough with Aberdeen multiple times.

I thought today was a great battle. If you want to blame the manager for squandering the 2 goal lead then you need to praise him for having us 2 up in the first place.

Ask any Aberdeen fan about his subs and game management, in general they'll tell you they were baffling and more often than not turned out to be poor.

Edited by C4mmy31

16 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Ask any Aberdeen fan about his subs and game management, in general they'll tell you they were baffling and more often than not turned out to be poor.

His ‘game management’ was pretty effective for 5 years. It’s frustrating at times but he was pretty good at it. It’s fine as long as you are retaining a level of control of the threat. 

It was in his last few years when game management became just dropping off 10 yards and losing complete control of the game that it became a problem. 

It’s hardly unique to Derek either, robbie neilson would’ve done the same thing if hearts were 2-1 up. Sometimes it bites you in the arse, but shit happens. 

I thought we played some decent stuff going forward but we were q fucking catastrophe at the back, mainly cause we had 2 left backs and a left footed midfielder passing the ball to each other's right foot all day and can't win a header.

Pleased for Atkinson who i thought was the best player on the park all day.  

Barrie McKay needs a spell out, he's bereft of confidence and is a man short atm

13 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I thought we played some decent stuff going forward but we were q fucking catastrophe at the back, mainly cause we had 2 left backs and a left footed midfielder passing the ball to each other's right foot all day and can't win a header.

Pleased for Atkinson who i thought was the best player on the park all day.  

Barrie McKay needs a spell out, he's bereft of confidence and is a man short atm

Agree with that. A shambles at the back which is to be expected when you line up like that. 

McKay and Forrest were minging, no idea how they both finished the game. 

Overall we were worth a point given the chances we had. And I've not seen it back but the goalie looked like he handled outside the box first half and the foul which was last man and not actioned because it was offside looked well on. Frustrating if both those are as they looked and were just missed.

I do also think Killie could've had a pen at the end of the first half. But all this is just my opinion  from watching at the game.

57 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

You missed a very enjoyable game of soccer hoofball. 

Despite losing the late goal (which was a belter) that was a great game and a thoroughly enjoyable Sunday afternoon out.

If we play like that every weekend we will be safe.

Now awaiting Hearts being hauled in front of the SFA along with Lafferty for the "fen**n" chants...

18 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Just seen the goalie handball incident on twitter. Well outside the box and the linesman is right in line, f**k knows how he's missed that tbh. Twice this week that's happened to us.

Haven't seen any of it back, wondered that at the time. I thought at the time that the Hearts player chasing it may have been offside.