Pars vs FC Edinburgh - Sat 15th Oct

Couple unpopular opinions coming up. My eyesight is admittedly poor and I definitely need to see the highlights, however I feel (on the big decisions at least) the ref wasn't horrendous. The Comrie penalty incident, I thought the EC player took some of the ball, and there was definitely a EC player covering for the McCann foul that would prevent it from being a red (whether he would have got back in time is a different story), despite it being so cynical. It was the wee niggly decisions where he was so frustrating, but felt the fans were possibly a bit reactionary today. Whatever was thrown onto the pitch obvs a step too far.

Also thought Chalmers had a very strong first half, kept it simple, progressed the game without any mistakes. Second half he was slightly poorer and put in a mixture of crosses to varying levels of success. Certainly not enough to merit a MOTM award but a definite improvement on last season, however that could be put down to the type of game this was.

Bene didn't put a foot wrong and would have been my pick for MOTM. Its been a while since we've had a captain that can lead by example in the quality he possesses in games.

Benedictus is a Rolls Royce player at this level. Hell, he is solid enough for the Championship in my opinion.

We’re getting the results and that’s all that matters. We’re grinding out wins when others that you expect to be challenging aren’t. The odd one out of that would be the shambles against Peterhead, but I really hope that was just a hiccup.

13 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

The odd one out of that would be the shambles against Peterhead, but I really hope that was just a hiccup.

If something similar happens again then it's an issue but otherwise just a freak result that would have you snapping the Championship Manager disc.

Some muppet behind me yesterday was incredulous when Hamilton went off and Chalmers didn't. 
Was whinging and moaning about him all game. Very good example of when someone has made up their mind and sees what they want to see. 

Tbf, I was a bit surprised that Hamilton came off because I thought he was playing pretty well too. Not that I thought Chalmers should have come off instead particularly, thought they both strolled it.

Looking back it made complete sense, we didn’t really need Hamilton’s defensive cover given how Edinburgh were playing. It was a purely tactical change and I guess since we got the goal and the win it worked in the end (even if we were fortunate with the goal)

15 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Some muppet behind me yesterday was incredulous when Hamilton went off and Chalmers didn't. 

Was whinging and moaning about him all game. Very good example of when someone has made up their mind and sees what they want to see. 

Heard the same moans at the game. Another guy was insisting it was "the worst game he's ever seen".

We have a lot of daft fans.