Pars vs FC Edinburgh - Sat 15th Oct

Edinburgh sat back the full game. They had no interest whatsoever in getting anything bar a draw. The goal seemed to be just a matter of time in coming for us. Need that little bit of luck in these matches sometimes. But if that, at this stage anyway, is the best this league has to throw at us, it’s even worse than I first thought.

Thought our back 3 were immense, and Fisher is very unlucky not to get MOTM. Who the hell chose Chalmers for MOTM!? He done f*ck all!

We aren’t a good watch bar some nice bits of play here and there, but it’s effective and we’re top of the league, so would much rather that than this “trying to play football the right way” pish you hear from McGlynn.

Win on Tuesday and if Alloa can do us a wee favour then we’re sitting very pretty already before Halloween.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Maybe McPake will try to bring someone in in January?

Has to add bodies imo, must be cash sitting from what Dorrans was on.

53 minutes ago, lochgellyPAR said:

Its shocking how bad the officiating was today. Fontaine only getting a yellow, Todorov booked for a head clash and even the corner that we got where it was stopped on the line. It was a total guess and the linesman never had a clue

And actually in the first half Craigen had Todd's hand to stop him getting away another boy comes steaming in and get a booking when it was clearly a yellow card for both of them.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Has to add bodies imo, must be cash sitting from what Dorrans was on.

Definitely, but also feels like there's some of the summer budget left over. Hopefully folk can be signed fairly soon when the window opens.

7 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Edinburgh sat back the full game. They had no interest whatsoever in getting anything bar a draw. The goal seemed to be just a matter of time in coming for us. Need that little bit of luck in these matches sometimes. But if that, at this stage anyway, is the best this league has to throw at us, it’s even worse than I first thought.

Thought our back 3 were immense, and Fisher is very unlucky not to get MOTM. Who the hell chose Chalmers for MOTM!? He done f*ck all!

We aren’t a good watch bar some nice bits of play here and there, but it’s effective and we’re top of the league, so would much rather that than this “trying to play football the right way” pish you hear from McGlynn.

Win on Tuesday and if Alloa can do us a wee favour then we’re sitting very pretty already before Halloween.

Chalmers not being your MOTM is a wild take in my opinion.  He was the one player today who kept us moving and creating space, making the right passes.

fontaine should have been off, that’s a blatant denying obvious goal scoring opportunity. 

But here’s another wild take - this time from me, Todorov deserved the booking or potentially a red as he led with the elbow/arm and took the boy out completely - quite dangerous from what I saw.

Agree with rest of your post.  Don’t Care too much for fancy football if not winning.  

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Definitely, but also feels like there's some of the summer budget left over. Hopefully folk can be signed fairly soon when the window opens.

Yeh I would hope there would be someone in for the game on the 2nd if I'm honest.

43 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Only one team tried to win today. Edinburgh very disappointing with negative tactics. 

We got what we deserved in the end but I think our toothless strikers could end up costing us this season. 3 great balls played along the 6 yard box and nobody there. We need more bodies in the box when attacking.

The one McCann put back across goal was an absolute dream for any striker to tap in.

Felt that was a very typical performance for us. Comfortable in defence lacking slightly in attacking flair but eventually getting a goal through continued pressure on the opposition defence.

I’m sorry, but I don’t see what Chalmers did today other than bare basics to get MOTM. Each to their own. I thought Fisher was robbed of it. He was immense and proved to be the difference-maker.

But the officiating at this level honestly boils my piss. If he has judged it to be a foul on McCann, when McCann is through on goal with no other defenders incoming, how the FŪCK can it be anything but a red card? There was some horrendous misses as well as the usual guesswork from the linesmen. Isn’t sour grapes as it hasn’t cost us so far this season - it’s just genuinely disgraceful as a football fan seeing these idiots get good money for officiating when they are quite obviously not good enough.

Chalmers not being your MOTM is a wild take in my opinion.  He was the one player today who kept us moving and creating space, making the right passes.
fontaine should have been off, that’s a blatant denying obvious goal scoring opportunity. 
But here’s another wild take - this time from me, Todorov deserved the booking or potentially a red as he led with the elbow/arm and took the boy out completely - quite dangerous from what I saw.
Agree with rest of your post.  Don’t Care too much for fancy football if not winning.  

Aye that todorov one is miles off it imo. How could he get knocked clean out if he lead with the elbow?

Poor game and not a great performance. But we deserved that luck, with the amount of balls we were playing into the box. McCann and Edwards both hit great balls across the 6 yard box not long before that. A decent striker would be turning them in.

On the ref, he was just as poor as we should now expect at this level. Missed many really obvious fouls. Got several goal kick/corner decisions horrendously wrong, when there didn’t seem to be a decision to make. I thought it was fair to book Fontaine though, there seemed to be another defender coming across. Could be proved wrong on replay (and probably will be). Not booking Craigen for pulling Todd back for 10 yards was nuts. Missed several late challenges (for both teams) and I thought his game was summed up in the second half. Edinburgh number 23 kicked the ball away and started walking away. Ref then goes straight up to Handling and books him for it? Not even like the other guy ran away, he was still there.

2 minutes ago, lochgellyPAR said:

Aye that todorov one is miles off it imo. How could he get knocked clean out if he lead with the elbow?

Because I thought there was a clash of heads.  You can lead with the arm and still get a head knock.  Let’s See what the footage shows.  

I don’t think Todorov needed to challenge as he was getting nowhere near it, but didn’t look like a yellow either. I’m really intrigued to see this Comrie penalty decision. It looked nailed on from the NW.

6 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I don’t think Todorov needed to challenge as he was getting nowhere near it, but didn’t look like a yellow either. I’m really intrigued to see this Comrie penalty decision. It looked nailed on from the NW.

Aye that was a strange one.  Kirkland really is a terrible referee. 

hope they catch the stupid fud who threw the coin at the linesman.

Not sure how anyone can say we were poor today tbh? It was comfortably better than Peterhead, Alloa and Montrose performances.

Chalmers was one of our best players today so to claim he did nothing is incredible. Remained patient, kept possession well against an extremely defensive side and even got a few tackles in. Put in a fantastic cross that Comrie almost scored from as well.

I would have happily driven him to his next club in the summer but he's hardly put a foot wrong this season. Can only assume it's a lingering dislike over his shitebag performances last year or some of our fans just don't really understand football very well.

I'd have given MOTM to any of the back three though. They absolutely dominated and snuffed out any potential counter attacks and also helped get the team forward.

Aye, my mate was going on about how shite the games was but it wasn't the Pars fault. Edinburgh were anti-football and trying to suck the life out the game. I thought we knocked it about pretty well but struggling in attack. Some good balls in the box that our strikers just never picked up on. The strikers are our biggest problem

51 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Aye, my mate was going on about how shite the games was but it wasn't the Pars fault. Edinburgh were anti-football and trying to suck the life out the game. I thought we knocked it about pretty well but struggling in attack. Some good balls in the box that our strikers just never picked up on. The strikers are our biggest problem

I totally understand that people are paying £20 and expect to be entertained. If they're not enjoying themselves then it's going to be frustrating. Maybe they think we should be winning 5-0 every week?

It's difficult to create chances against a team that's sitting so deep and that's why I was pleased we didn't panic and kept passing it around, waiting for the right moment.

We're not a team that's packed with creative players but they all work extremely hard and the results have been excellent so far, even if the games haven't exactly been thrilling.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

8 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I totally understand that people are paying £20 and expect to be entertained. If they're not enjoying themselves then it's going to be frustrating. Maybe they think we should be winning 5-0 every week?

It's difficult to create chances against a team that's sitting so deep and that's why I was pleased we didn't panic and kept passing it around, waiting for the right moment.

We're not a team that's packed with creative players but they all work extremely hard and the results have been excellent so far, even if the games haven't exactly been thrilling.

V. disappointing from our perspective; Its exactly the sort of result that makes a difference over a season,  dare I say it. Don't play well -win.. Last min o.g. - win... not entirely convincing - win.  There's a pattern there.   

Nov 5 is a biggie, funnily enough. 

33 minutes ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

V. disappointing from our perspective; Its exactly the sort of result that makes a difference over a season,  dare I say it. Don't play well -win.. Last min o.g. - win... not entirely convincing - win.  There's a pattern there.   

Nov 5 is a biggie, funnily enough. 

I thought we did play  well. Not taking chances was the problem. If we get the attack sorted, Im fairly confident we can win the league.

Absolutely gutted the way we lost but Dunfermline were the better team on the day so I can’t complain too much.
We’ve struggled against the full time teams so far this season shipping 10 goals in 3 games so it was no surprise we played defensively.
Keeping the game to a single goal should probably be seen as a positive from our side.