Kelty v Queens

8 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

We'll need to tighten up dramatically in defence to give us the slightest chance of winning any games, the ease at which we lost the goals to Airdrie was ridiculous. 

The same as its been for a number of years cany defend cross balls.... 🤷‍♂️ Fordyce attacked the ball that's the type of CB defender we miss... Too soft.  Shame scoring 3 goals wasnt good enough for the 3 points... 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

3 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

The same as its been for a number of years cany defend cross balls.... 🤷‍♂️ Fordyce attacked the ball that's the type of CB defender we miss... Too soft.  Shame scoring 3 goals wasnt good enough for the 3 points... 

Yep, too soft.  Looked like we had about four blue shirts in around where Fordyce headed the ball, not good enough.  OK that was a corner - but from open play part of the art of defending cross balls is to cut them out at source - eg Airdrie's third, too easy.

You tweeted the manager today Jack ? 
Tbf the Gaffer shouldnt be responding on twitter either. Just head down and concentrate on getting the wins we need . These next 3 we really need to get 9 points for me.

1 hour ago, QosLoyal said:

Tbf the Gaffer shouldnt be responding on twitter either. Just head down and concentrate on getting the wins we need . These next 3 we really need to get 9 points for me.

Aye agreed, at the risk of tempting fate here ... Kelty (A), Peterhead (H) and Clyde (A) represent a great opportunity for Queens to move up the table ... there, I've said it ... you all know who to blame, what could possibly go wrong!

This will be one of the few midweek games I'll make this season.  Looking forward to the trip, another ground off the list.

As has already been said we need to be a lot tighter defensively.  Like us Kelty seem to be struggling to get going, we should be good enough to sneak a win provided we don't ship easy goals like we did yesterday.

Missing this one unfortunately, and the 1st visit to a new ground. A long shot I know but I don't suppose it will be streamed? 

Hopefully Connelly will be fit and Wullie too. Would be nice to get the second quarter off to a winning start but if we defend like we did  yesterday it's going to be difficult. 

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

In terms of points, we're closer to bottom than to 4th.

It's really shaping up as a shocking start to the season.  

Keep expecting Queens to click into gear but starting to look a bit grim.

Failure to beat Peterhead on Saturday would surely result in total panic stations.

29 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Keep expecting Queens to click into gear but starting to look a bit grim.

Failure to beat Peterhead on Saturday would surely result in total panic stations.

If they can’t beat Peterhead then they deserve to be relegated .

Couldn’t even muster a shot on target.This game had 0-0 written all over it after about 20 minutes and once again we find a way to leave empty handed. Our continual desire to overplay in our own half culminated in Wilson gifting cheap possession to Tidser who finished well. Neither keeper had a save to make. 

Even by our standards of under-achievement playing our way out of things after 10 games takes some doing in League 1. 

It is pretty clear that Lewis Gibson has more than enough talent to play a much more prominent role in proceedings and I have no idea why players like Ryan Muir and McMahon can’t even make the bench (unless they are injured).

In the context of winning football matches whatever “IT” is this squad most certainly doesn’t have “IT”.