Hamilton Academical 🔴⚪️ Vs Partick Thistle 🟡🔴

Disappointing result in Inverness but a good chance to bounce back against the Accies.

They took a shoeing from The Ton and now seem on a downward trajectory. .

Hopefully no hard luck stories for Thistle and we can improve the poor away form under McCall. 

What are the chances of Ranking being punted? Accies usually give their mangers time to prove themselves and usually too much time.
It's unlikely he'll be sacked soon but I don't think he's as untouchable as Canning and Rice seemed to be.

How on earth did we come within a few minutes of beating Thistle and Ayr earlier in the season?  Ten of yesterday's starting line-up started at Somerset and nine at Firhill. Maybe give Ngandu a start? Might as well. Not got a season ticket so debating whether to give this gang another twenty quid. Seems likely we've attracted another shady bunch to sponsor our stadium. What is it about Ronnie MacDonald and Colin McGowan that attracts the criminal fraternity? It's a puzzler.

10 hours ago, Owsley said:

Maybe give Ngandu a start? Might as well.

I’ve been banging this drum for a little while now. While he definitely won’t make us miles better single handedly in what I’ve seen he without a doubt has something our other centre mids don’t in that he will take the ball down and run with it and try a risky pass. Basically his confidence hasn’t been completely ground out of him yet like the rest of this rabble. 

However I heard in the very first game of the season Rankin doesn’t fancy him and it’s looking like that is the case.

I Imagine Zanatta will come in for Smith and he might do something whacky like revert to a back 5 with Doyle on the right of the three, but it will still be a team with no real shape and no game plan trying to press high which they can’t do and we’ll lose to nil.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

Thankfully I missed the Morton game, feel sorry for the poor souls that travelled. Can really see myself finding an excuse to miss this as well.

What I've witnessed so far and heard from the morton game is that, we are very badly exposed the break. When we lose the ball and the opposition has any bit of sharpness about them to move the ball quickly, we are likely to concede (not saying we do anything else well).

For me it's a domino effect of, our forward wide players don't want to get back to help the full backs, the full backs can't get back quickly enough, and our 2 centre backs are left scrambling. Basically whatever form of defending Rankin wants to do, we have no where near the capable personnel to do it. So because we have absolutely no depth at all in these postions, he'll need to find something that fits better for the back 4 we have.

The main focus for this game should be to try and keep a clean sheet, we need to restart and try something different.

1 hour ago, I Clavdivs said:

Is there cash gate on Saturday for aways fans ? 

10000 Nigerian Naira. 

No info on their website. This a tweet prior to their home match with Dundee.

Probably best waiting for the Thistle update. 

Edited by jagfox

2 hours ago, jagfox said:

10000 Nigerian Naira. 

No info on their website. This a tweet prior to their home match with Dundee.

Probably best waiting for the Thistle update. 

Cheers,10,000 Naira would get you a swimming pool of Gulder filled with “Sweetos” back in the day ! .

Turnstile 7 at the North Stand will be open for pre-bought tickets while there will be a cash-only gate in operation at turnstiles 8 and 9.

Update from ptfc.co.uk

28 minutes ago, 9queens said:

Just posting to boost the number of replies and hopefully make it to a 2nd page before kick off 

Oh, OK.  0-6, but only because Thistle start taking it easy after the first thirty minutes.  Just cant see where a change is going to come for us