The Bear - Disney+

Don Diego De la Vega

Really really enjoyed this.

ย 

After his brother's suicide a young high flying chef comes home from working at some of the world's restaurants after he is left the family deli/sandwich shop in Chicago. Doesn't sound that great but the acting is top notch

ย 

well worth a watch, honestย 

I've been waiting on this airing over here for ages as pretty much all the TV & Culture podcasts I listen to were saying how great it was. I'm only 2 episodes in and tbh, it doesn't disappoint.

It's great but at the same time one of the most stressful watches I've had in a while.

Edited by capt_oats

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Objectively I would say that Ep 6 (the Mikey Christmas episode) was absolutely superb, but I loved episode 7 more. It was one of those episodes that left me feeling better and happier for having watched it.

Spoiler

It was great to see Cousin (Ritchie) being given an opportunity in the 3 star place, talking shit to all of the staff, and then coming out of the end of it loving what he'd experienced, believing in himself and realising that Carmy also believed in him.

ย 

Edited by Dink
I'm an idiot - totally fucked up with the character names

Watched the Christmas episode earlier (will watch the rest in the next few days).

Tough watch at times but certainly gives a lot of background as to why some of the folk are like they are. As noted above, an absolutely superb watch though.

I thought it was a very slow start to the season first 4 or 5 episodes didn't quite grab me like the first season then episode 6 happened and pow, right back at it, Richie episode was just phenomenal (he def could have pumped the maitre d')ย 

ย 

ill be starting over again and concentrating a little more on the first 5 episodes as i think it was me distracted rather than the quality of the episodesย 

Finished it tonight. Absolutely outstanding stuff.

The Ritchie episode is genuinely lovely. Him driving and singing was a delight.

Last episode was a very anxious watch. Breathless stuff at times. Carmy fucked things real bad for himself. Sad.

ย 

Like the first series the soundtrack here was superb. Can't recall the last time a TV show had such an outstanding load of tunes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/08/2023 at 15:36, mathematics said:

Just battered through this is two days. Absolutely tremendous acting and characters. Soundtrack is immense and means I might need to revisit my automatic โ€œR.E.M. are shiteโ€ stance.

The music was absolutely spot on.ย  I've found a playlist someone has made up with all the music from S1&2 on Spotify.

Richtie belting out Taylor Swift in the car made me smile like an idiot.ย ย 

• 1 month later...