The Ton 🔵⚪ v Accies 🔴⚪ 8-10-22

Clearly vast amount of interest in this, so here goes...

Looks like Imrie has signed Grimshaw as a right-back and will play him there until fit, so expect to see a back four of Grimshaw-Baird-O'Connor-Strapp every time they're all available. And I like it.

Also looks as though the big slacker up front, who has never been a centre-forward, might nonetheless be the best approximation of a centre-forward on our books. So Muirhead through the middle, with Jai playing from wide to the right-hand channel looks likeliest.

And we all know what the midfield will be.

The bet would be 1-1, but there seems more of a possibility after Tuesday that we can actually score more than 1.

Mon the fuckin Ton. 

Big Robbie looks like he has caught up on his match fitness at last after missing most of pre-season.

He looked right up for the Queens game on Tue and drew much deserved praise from Imrie after the game.

Why did he run to Andy Millen  after he scored?   Anyway, hope big Robbie keeps up his recent form and keeps his goal scoring run going.

If Jai is back then that gives us more options up front as he will be a total nuisance to the Accies defence.

3 points would come in handy..  

Our record against Hamilton is diabolical - especially at Cappielow. While it's a great opportunity to kick on from Tuesday night's result, I would not be surprised at all to see the usual away win play out. 

We all already know that Rankin's a dud manager, but if he contrives to be the first Accies manager to lose at Cappielow in god knows how many years then he should be sacked in The Norseman immediately after the game. 

Stuff keeps coming up so that I'm busy & miss a trip to Cappielow.
A wedding last season & an event this time.

On our current form I'm not fussed about missing it as I think if ever Morton are going to get rid of their hoodoo at home to us tomorrow is it.

Accies' defence is awful, Quitongo will rip either Doyle or Shiels (or both if he switches flanks) for fun & we will concede at least 1 while offering little threat ourselves.

I'd say 1-0 Morton is a very good shout.

Wasn't aware just how bad our home record is against Accies, horrendous!

We really need a result at Cappielow after 3 games without a win.

Hopefully Robbie kicks on and actually shows us what he can do but we have been here before, many times. Hopefully Kabia does the same too after scoring the other night.

Cautiously optimistic. 

2-1

9 hours ago, accies1874 said:

We all already know that Rankin's a dud manager, but if he contrives to be the first Accies manager to lose at Cappielow in god knows how many years then he should be sacked in The Norseman immediately after the game. 

Not much you can do with this shambles of a squad this is the boards fault not the managers if Rankin leaves absolutely nothing will change in a positive way. Quicker accies fans realise that the better.

15 hours ago, accies1874 said:

If we contrive to lose at Cappielow given how much the club love to bang on about our record there I genuinely think he will be under a bit of pressure from the board.

So it’s win win in my book.

Our home record against accies is horrendous. The game against Queens Park was a complete turnaround from last Saturday and we looked like the team we were when Dougie first took over. If we carry on that attitude and effort today then we should be fine. Big  'if' though given our season so far.

Hamilton will score in the first half. We will then be forced to watch endless goal-kicks where they pretend to play it short before the keeper waves the players upfield and kicks it long. The referee will book the keeper in the 92nd minute.

Or maybe, just maybe, the team will show a set of balls at Cappielow. We're certainly due this after the last few home league games.