Week 5

lichtie23

Broncos should have had TD's on both their drive late in the 4th, and on the final play of the game, but for some reason the QB they gave up 5 draft picks and 3 players to acquire, and handed a 242 million dollar contract to, can't see wide open receivers crossing the field on slant routes when he's standing in a perfectly clean pocket and under no pressure whatsoever.

The decision to let Wilson throw it when they'd chugged the ball all the way down the field on that drive was baffling. If you don't trust him to throw the ball in no mans land around midfield, why are you suddenly turning him loose in high-leverage situations? But having said that the INT was entirely on Wilson alone. The WR had two to three yards of separation and Wilson waited and waited until Gilmore caught up and closed the open WR down. I think RS is correct and they should have just run the ball on the 4th&1 at the end, although that's easy to say in hindsight, but the fact is Wilson repeated the exact same trick he pulled on the earlier INT and chucked the game completely.

When I was talking a few weeks back about why I couldn't understand Denver handing that money to a guy who I described as a 'glorified game manager' I walked back from that and admitted it was hyperbolic, but tonight demonstrated exactly why I was adamant that they were paying him like a QB that he is not and never has been. Elite QB's, because lets face it if you are giving a guy 242million and wedding yourself to him for 4+ years he fucking ought to be elite, make those throws in their sleep. As far as I know there's nothing wrong physically with Wilson, he's not at an age where his arm should be going dead, and it's not a complex option or a play that needs practiced into the ground to get the timing right, it's a simple Slant, one of the most vanilla routes there is, so there's no reasonable explanation for repeating that same garbage twice in quick succession other than Wilson simply not being all he's cracked up to be.

14 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Broncos will beat the Colts, then lose to the Chargers, then beat the Jets, then they’ll come over to London still in with a sniff of the AFC West, and I’ll head down full of hope and a prayer.

Then we’ll lose to the Jags.

Bookmark this. It’s happening. 🏈

Fell at the first hurdle.

Utterly woeful game tonight, boring play calling by both teams.  Luckily the Broncos HC and offensive play caller turned out to be more incompetent than Frank Reich.

I don't get the Celebrating Matt Ryan at the end like we had just won the SB.  He should have been overcome with embarrassment for his performance.

Finally, we had better get something working up front as we have been beyond poor.  Says a lot when Kelly leaving the game improved our performance.

Edited by strichener

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Just watched the condensed game and I genuinely think it’s the worst nfl game Iv ever witnessed. Absolutely minging stuff. 

What has happened to Russell Wilson? 

Don't watch the full game as it will only reinforce your already correct opinion.  But hey, a win is a win.

Steelers are 14 point underdogs in Buffalo, which I read was the biggest underdog they have been in any game since Vegas lines started being tracked in 1978.

Bills still have a shopping list of an injury report, definitely been quite lucky the last 2 seasons compared to this, but should still have more than enough for a rookie QB and Steelers minus Watt and possibly Fitzpatrick. 

Edited by Fuctifano

23 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Steelers are 14 point underdogs in Buffalo, which I read was the biggest underdog they have been in any game since Vegas lines started being tracked in 1978.

Bills still have a shopping list of an injury report, definitely been quite lucky the last 2 seasons compared to this, but should still have more than enough for a rookie QB and Steelers minus Watt and possibly Fitzpatrick. 

Steelers have a ton of defenders out, including TJ Watt. Even though, 14.5 underdogs seems a lot